There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Im happy we won but I will not praise a mediocre at best QB effort.

We disagree on his performance, then. Great ball placement, gutsy block to free Gore, ballsy end zone run, 75% completion percentage, no sacks (good pocket presence) and no turnovers. I'd call that a good performance, not "mediocre at best." Look at it this way: If VD, Gore or Morgan keep their feet, the yardage gets close to 200 and Smith's has a TD throw. Would you call that a good performance?

Those are big "ifs" and changes the game.

Not really. ONE broken ankle tackle.

But see how that one act would have changed the stat line? Smith did well re: things within his control. He cannot control a WR/RB/TE failing to capitalize on a good throw.

No your just blaming them for not making a super star caliber play. Okay how about missing Crabs wide open in the endzone, and consistently dumping the ball down on third down short of the first down marker.

watch that play again, when he threw the ball to VD Crabs wasnt open yet, Alex would have had to hold the ball a little longer to get Crabs that ball but if he would have held it any longer he would have got sacked cuz Cleamons was right there. John Lynch noted that during the broadcast as well.

Exactly! And not only that, there was a DL in Alex's view where he couldn't see Crabs BECOMING open. Just 'cause Crabbie has a teasy in the endzone, doesn't mean that Alex saw him. He didn't.

So....
Wow so you guys are making excuses for him missing a wide open player in the endzone. You guys need to wake up and stop looking at this with home eyes.

this is comical

watch the play again
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Wow so you guys are making excuses for him missing a wide open player in the endzone. You guys need to wake up and stop looking at this with home eyes.

this is comical

i agree with this post. Smith needs to be able to make that throw. The excuses for checking it down are pathetic on this play.

Man you two need to watch that play again, Crabrtree was not open when Smith was at his point in his reads. i think you don't understand read progression so it looks bad to you.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Man you two need to watch that play again, Crabrtree was not open when Smith was at his point in his reads. i think you don't understand read progression so it looks bad to you.

This even lynch said it during the game, and he was a safety he would know something (imo)

this is comical

Seriously man, go back and look at the game. I re-watched THAT play in slow mo cause I was pissed at first, I thought the same way you did. Look again and you will see I'm right.

But whatever, man. Comical is in the eyes of the beholder.

And, this IS bad comedy.

this is comical

This is why I said what I sad about you last night. When John Lynch even comes out and replays the play after the commercial break and sais these exact words "That was actually a good decision by Alex Smith" I know, I can watch the play unlike you apparently. Alex looked left to Vernon and Crabtree's side on what appeared to be slants. Those were not there, Alex's "FIRST" reads were not there so he had to look to the opposite side of the field, where he had Morgan covered. So he's on his second read. Here comes the pressure forcing him to slide right, with a DT in his now in his face. Crabtree is now open, but Alex is already dedicated to throwing the ball or getting sacked.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

this is comical

This is why I said what I sad about you last night. When John Lynch even comes out and replays the play after the commercial break and sais these exact words "That was actually a good decision by Alex Smith" I know, I can watch the play unlike you apparently. Alex looked left to Vernon and Crabtree's side on what appeared to be slants. Those were not there, Alex's "FIRST" reads were not there so he had to look to the opposite side of the field, where he had Morgan covered. So he's on his second read. Here comes the pressure forcing him to slide right, with a DT in his now in his face. Crabtree is now open, but Alex is already dedicated to throwing the ball or getting sacked.

He could have made the throw but it would have been a great read and throw. There were other easier deep balls he had that he didn't throw in the game but I'm not blaming Smith for anything in this game. He played well.
Originally posted by ninertico:

this is comical

Seriously man, go back and look at the game. I re-watched THAT play in slow mo cause I was pissed at first, I thought the same way you did. Look again and you will see I'm right.

But whatever, man. Comical is in the eyes of the beholder.

And, this IS bad comedy.

Exactly. Crabs was open AFTER the ball was at the point of release.

But Sus gon' be Sus.
Originally posted by willis7:

That was awesome, they didn't look at each other, the handshake lasted like 0.5 seconds.. They don't like each other at all. Once again harbaugh's dominant handshake extended all the way into carrols comfort zone.
Originally posted by Joecool:
He could have made the throw but it would have been a great read and throw. There were other easier deep balls he had that he didn't throw in the game but I'm not blaming Smith for anything in this game. He played well.

Yeah I agree, if he would have held on to the ball for another flash of a second and kept his eyes down field he could have seen Crabtree. Alex felt the backside pressure coming and knew he had to get rid of it though. You can't really blame him for that is my point. He made a good decision and got us points on the board, instead of force a turnover and lose momentum. That's all he was asked to do yesterday. Nothing more, nothing less. We are now 1-0 and not going to be 0-5, like last season where we forced things. I think all this bad talk on Harbaugh, Alex and the offense as a whole in the very very first week is crazy. It takes even the greatest coaches 1 or 2 full seasons to get there team gelling.

My main concern of the game was the run blocking. If we can't run the ball, then play-action goes out the window. Not only that but we cannot maintain TOP, something with a new offense we need to do. But as I said, it's one game. I'll wait untill we at least play Dallas to make any judgements.

He played well, that is really about all you can say.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The game plan was win the games you are supposed to win, no matter how it looks

That also loses games you are supposed to win and loses all games you are not supposed to win. We've seen this game plan and it doesn't work.

Jimmy H, didn't need to pull out all his tricks for this game. The D kept them in check up till 4 mins left and i believe we would have ran out the clock but we know what happened after that.

The O-line is to blame not the play calling (could of been 21-0 instead of 9-0), if we were losing..def. more passing plays in the Red zone.

That also loses games you are supposed to win and loses all games you are not supposed to win. We've seen this game plan and it doesn't work.

Jimmy H, didn't need to pull out all his tricks for this game. The D kept them in check up till 4 mins left and i believe we would have ran out the clock but we know what happened after that.

The O-line is to blame not the play calling (could of been 21-0 instead of 9-0), if we were losing..def. more passing plays in the Red zone.

I would hardly say trying to pass 10 yards away from the endzone just once is "pulling out all the tricks". We sat on it.

I would hardly say trying to pass 10 yards away from the endzone just once is "pulling out all the tricks". We sat on it.

I meant line formations not how many times we passed, you might want 50+ yard TD's on every throw but it's not happening.

He's trying to get this line to Gel then work from there.
Sucks to be in a seahawks forum.

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?26974-Official-Game-Thread-Week-1-SF-vs.-SEAHAWKS!/page52
One of my favorite plays of the game was when the Niners were 3rd and 1 and Adam snyder reported as a TE. He shifted back and drew an offsides penalty. Not sure if this was by design to try and get an offsides or not, but it sure seemed like it.