LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'm not invested on either side of the Alex debate (I haven't seen any consitency from him yet, but I want the Niners to win, so I hope he succeeds), but that game was a great example of what happens when people look at nothing but the stats. Alex threw easy TDs to Vernon and Crabtree that would have won the game if they didn't drop them (Crab pulled a Brandon Lloyd). D-Love was interfered with horribly (no call) in the endzone, and still could have/should have caught the pass. If those passes, or even half of them, were not dropped, his rating would be dramatically improved, and would better reflect how well he played that game. And then we get to the Norris play. The two year old thing was obvious hyperbole, but I have seen 9 year olds pull that exact move, since I used to coach pee-wee football before I moving to coaching high school. You have to tell little kids all the time not to stop, turn around, and reach for the ball when it is in the air. Eventually, they learn that by continuing to run they end up where the ball was thrown. I guess Moran missed that practice.

edit: I think I was thinking of the game in DEC 09, where Alex threw for 310, and should have had a few more TDs. If the Norris debacle was Alex's week one game against the Hawks last year, when Alex to crabtree was the prize-winning INT recipe, then that was def not a good game, but the INTs to Crab still made the stats uglier than they should have been. My bad on getting the games confused

Lol yeah it was wrong game as far as the good stats go but he did play well at home vs Seattle last year. That week 1 game, anything and everything went wrong as that was just an epic team fail but I too just want to win which means I'll be rooting for Alex to succeed but do get tired of the excuses lol

Go Niners!!
Forty-Niners: 27
Seahawks: 13

Alex Smith: 18-28: 210 Yards / 2 TD's / 1 Int
B. Edwards: 4/75 Yards / 1 TD
V. Davis: 5/65 Yards / 1TD
Frank Gore: 22 carries / 95 yards / 1 TD

1-0 . . .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Forty-Niners: 27
Seahawks: 13

Alex Smith: 18-28: 210 Yards / 2 TD's / 1 Int
B. Edwards: 4/75 Yards / 1 TD
V. Davis: 5/65 Yards / 1TD
Frank Gore: 22 carries / 95 yards / 1 TD

1-0 . . .

This reminds me of that wikepedia entry that had Alex's stats for a game he hadn't played yet. Not as realistic as these stat's though, I think they had him throwing for 1500 yards and 10 TDs on the game, running for 200yds and 5 more TDs. Definitely increased my caution when reading wikepedia.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
The days leading up to this game are killing me. We will finallllllly get to see our new HC and his diverse offense be utilized. No more games, preseason BS. It's time. 6 more F'in days
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
The days leading up to this game are killing me. We will finallllllly get to see our new HC and his diverse offense be utilized. No more games, preseason BS. It's time. 6 more F'in days

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

Like I predicted earlier:

49ers 30
Seahawks 17

Alex Smith - 256 yards passing, 1 TD and 1 INT.
Frank Gore - 173 yards rushing, 2 TD.
Braylon Edwards - 81 yards receiving.
Vernon Davis - 87 yards receiving, 1 TD.
49ers 24
Seahawks 10

Smith 223 2 TD- 2 INT's
Gore 113 yards 1 TD
Edwards 60 yards 1 TD
Ginn 85 yards
Davis 50 yards 1 TD
Seahawks 24
49ers 10
Originally posted by jreff22:
49ers 24
Seahawks 10

Smith 223 2 TD- 2 INT's
Gore 113 yards 1 TD
Edwards 60 yards 1 TD
Ginn 85 yards
Davis 50 yards 1 TD

are you jeff kaplan?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
49ers 24
Seahawks 10

Smith 223 2 TD- 2 INT's
Gore 113 yards 1 TD
Edwards 60 yards 1 TD
Ginn 85 yards
Davis 50 yards 1 TD

are you jeff kaplan?

last time I checked my license, no....why?
Can't wait for the begining of the "What's Your Deal? Bowl"

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Sep 5, 2011 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
49ers 24
Seahawks 10

Smith 223 2 TD- 2 INT's
Gore 113 yards 1 TD
Edwards 60 yards 1 TD
Ginn 85 yards
Davis 50 yards 1 TD

are you jeff kaplan?

last time I checked my license, no....why?

lol just wonderin
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Can't wait for the begining of the "What's Your Deal? Bowl"

I think Carrol only hired Tom Cable to act as a body guard for the post-game handshake.
Originally posted by King49er:
Seahawks 24
49ers 10

but... why?
Share 49ersWebzone