There are 619 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Originally posted by dhp318:
If we can't beat the Seahawks in SF, I don't see how we can win any other games this season.

Very true. Niners need to set the tone early. They need to score on the 1st possession and force 3 and out for the Seachickens! Go Niners!!!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
there o line is a mess

okung may be injured and same with gallery bioth there LT and LG may be injured for our game and thats the side justin smith and aldon smith will come from

okung should play, he was in uniform last night, didnt play but i couldnt imagine him wearing the uni if he wasnt close
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Anyone remember how you felt leading into last years opener up in Seattle? I remember Alex Gibbs their O-line coach resigned right after rosters were set, I remember Pete Carroll referred to their starting LT Tyler Polumbus as "Troy" because they just traded for him a week before the game. Pete Carroll was the new guy with a new staff . . . . we had continuity, we had a 4-0 pre-season and we were picked by everybody under the sun to win the division.

By half-time the script was flipped and the countdown to Singletarys' exit began.

I have to say things feel a lot different this year. I don't know how good this team will ultimately be but I do have a feeling we're going to exceed expectations. By the bye week I believe it's going to come into focus just how poorly this team has been coached over the past six years.

to 2011
ahh....the headset relay issues, the smith overthrow to norris, the mike williams getting over on nate clements.......nightmare
Harbaugh VS Carroll highlights the 2011 NFL season

Link
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Anyone remember how you felt leading into last years opener up in Seattle? I remember Alex Gibbs their O-line coach resigned right after rosters were set, I remember Pete Carroll referred to their starting LT Tyler Polumbus as "Troy" because they just traded for him a week before the game. Pete Carroll was the new guy with a new staff . . . . we had continuity, we had a 4-0 pre-season and we were picked by everybody under the sun to win the division.

By half-time the script was flipped and the countdown to Singletarys' exit began.

I have to say things feel a lot different this year. I don't know how good this team will ultimately be but I do have a feeling we're going to exceed expectations. By the bye week I believe it's going to come into focus just how poorly this team has been coached over the past six years.

to 2011
ahh....the headset relay issues, the smith overthrow to norris, the mike williams getting over on nate clements.......nightmare

i know right? our cbs getting burned on double moves..... smfh...
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
one of our very own members made this video. marvin49

really? wasnt that great tbh
shoudn't we already know if B.Edwards will be suspended?
Hope we can make some noise and cause some false starts, it's already a given that it will happen to us when we come to their house. Come on fans!!!
Originally posted by BayAreaBrawler:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
one of our very own members made this video. marvin49

really? wasnt that great tbh

Yeah, the videos YOU have submitted have been much better . Marvin49 does a great job, and he captures and edits all the HD footage himself. Critique his work when you have something better to share.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

at over throw to Norris. My two year old could have made a more coordinated effort at catching that pass.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Sep 4, 2011 at 8:04 AM ]
They threw to Norris a couple of times in the last preseason game. That was when I realize he would still be on the team. Is there no one out there better than a 32 year old FB that has a narrow 2x2 feet window of catchable pass.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They threw to Norris a couple of times in the last preseason game. That was when I realize he would still be on the team. Is there no one out there better than a 32 year old FB that has a narrow 2x2 feet window of catchable pass.

i remember that hew as practically running backwards then tripped on himself
SEVEN MORE DAYS UNTILL OUR NINERS MARCH OUT ONTO THE FIELD AND SMASH THE SEAPUSSIES PUSSIES IN!
I'm trying not to get too excited about this game, because last year is still too fresh in my head. We really only made it a half before our season was over .

I do think we will win on Sunday (my unbiased self talking), but I also thought the same thing last year. They had major issues with their o-line and run defense, a new coach, and a less talented roster. Seemed like a perfect game to get us going. And we came out and looked good until we went for it 4th and goal and Alex overthrew (with a really bad play from Norris) the pass and like that, the game just started unraveling. Now, Singletary is partially (if not completely) responsible for that loss. Just awful gameplanning. But our secondary was scorched by 2nd and 3rd tier NFL talent.

Anyway, we fixed the Sing problem, we fixed the game-planning problem (hopefully), and in my mind we have a better secondary and O-line than last year. We also aren't nearly as cocky as we were last year which will help tremendously.

Let's go out there, be poised, be consistent, and when we have a lead, GO FOR THE JUGULAR as opposed to sitting back and slowly bleeding to death!

Ill make my first post on this board here! I predict a 49er win with a score of 21-17 49ers! And all the 49er scoring might just be field goals!