LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 119 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seahawks 17
49ers 27
Originally posted by HessianDud:
The Spammers are getting so smart they actually raise the Niner Talk IQ when they post in here.

Willis and Gore named team captains
I am absolutely giddy about this game, as I am fortunate enough to be able to attend. This will be my first opening-day 49ers game, and there is a reason for that. I was admittedly excited at the dawn of both the Nolan and Singletary eras, but for some reason, this point in 49ers history is something that I did not want to miss. I do believe (again, I am guilty of wearing the rose-colored glasses) that the 49ers are finally at a turning point. I think that Jed York has matured as an owner, as evidenced by his selection of Baalke and recruitment of Harbaugh. The 49ers finally have a GM and a coach who are obsessive football people and understand that you can't just demand, like a petulant, spoiled brat, that you want "winners" but that you actually have to put in the honest work, put in the smart work, and put in the hard work.
I won't make predictions about final records for this team; I am really looking forward to the process, which will include setbacks, but which I fully believe will include many more "a-ha" moments, especially for 49ers fans who had the privilege of living through the Walsh-driven ascension of the 80s team. I am hoping that this becomes the "prodigal" team.
Here's to beating the living hell out of the Seahawks and for many "a-ha" moments this season.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Willis and Gore named team captains

good choices
Originally posted by Liontech:
I am absolutely giddy about this game, as I am fortunate enough to be able to attend. This will be my first opening-day 49ers game, and there is a reason for that. I was admittedly excited at the dawn of both the Nolan and Singletary eras, but for some reason, this point in 49ers history is something that I did not want to miss. I do believe (again, I am guilty of wearing the rose-colored glasses) that the 49ers are finally at a turning point. I think that Jed York has matured as an owner, as evidenced by his selection of Baalke and recruitment of Harbaugh. The 49ers finally have a GM and a coach who are obsessive football people and understand that you can't just demand, like a petulant, spoiled brat, that you want "winners" but that you actually have to put in the honest work, put in the smart work, and put in the hard work.
I won't make predictions about final records for this team; I am really looking forward to the process, which will include setbacks, but which I fully believe will include many more "a-ha" moments, especially for 49ers fans who had the privilege of living through the Walsh-driven ascension of the 80s team. I am hoping that this becomes the "prodigal" team.
Here's to beating the living hell out of the Seahawks and for many "a-ha" moments this season.

good post!
welcome to the zone!
lets do some hawk hunting!!!!!
Hit em in the mouth!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Ohhhh noooooo(Bruce from family Guy voice lol)
Anyone remember how you felt leading into last years opener up in Seattle? I remember Alex Gibbs their O-line coach resigned right after rosters were set, I remember Pete Carroll referred to their starting LT Tyler Polumbus as "Troy" because they just traded for him a week before the game. Pete Carroll was the new guy with a new staff . . . . we had continuity, we had a 4-0 pre-season and we were picked by everybody under the sun to win the division.

By half-time the script was flipped and the countdown to Singletarys' exit began.

I have to say things feel a lot different this year. I don't know how good this team will ultimately be but I do have a feeling we're going to exceed expectations. By the bye week I believe it's going to come into focus just how poorly this team has been coached over the past six years.

to 2011

Is ebay the best place to find tickets?
there o line is a mess

okung may be injured and same with gallery bioth there LT and LG may be injured for our game and thats the side justin smith and aldon smith will come from
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Anyone remember how you felt leading into last years opener up in Seattle? I remember Alex Gibbs their O-line coach resigned right after rosters were set, I remember Pete Carroll referred to their starting LT Tyler Polumbus as "Troy" because they just traded for him a week before the game. Pete Carroll was the new guy with a new staff . . . . we had continuity, we had a 4-0 pre-season and we were picked by everybody under the sun to win the division.

By half-time the script was flipped and the countdown to Singletarys' exit began.

I have to say things feel a lot different this year. I don't know how good this team will ultimately be but I do have a feeling we're going to exceed expectations. By the bye week I believe it's going to come into focus just how poorly this team has been coached over the past six years.

to 2011

Unlike Sing, I'm pretty sure Harbaugh and Co know how to adjust to adjustments.

to 2011

Instead of focusing on winning in the preseason, we have focused on learning as fast as possible. Now we know where we are at, and we can game-plan around what we have learned.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

to 2011

Unlike Sing, I'm pretty sure Harbaugh and Co know how to adjust to adjustments.

halftime adjustments use to be the 49ers' forte, seemed like years and years ago
Share 49ersWebzone