LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Reggie Smith ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Source: #49ers S Reggie Smith has a tear in the meniscus of one of his knees. He'll miss a couple of weeks, but it's not a long-term injury.

Good news.

Agreed. Might cost him a chance at starting, but it is good news.

yup. still sucks for him, hope he gets it taken care of and has no long term effects.

sounds like he'll be able to play this season. i coudl definitely see him still getting a good amount of playing time as a 5th DB/situational DB.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Source: #49ers S Reggie Smith has a tear in the meniscus of one of his knees. He'll miss a couple of weeks, but it's not a long-term injury.

Not too bad... shame for him though... now he will be well behind Goldson for the starting job. Hopefully Goldson can learn to cover more rapidly than he runs his mouth on twitter.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Not too bad... shame for him though... now he will be well behind Goldson for the starting job. Hopefully Goldson can learn to cover more rapidly than he runs his mouth on twitter.

If he can flip his hips as fast as he flip flops on twitter..#probowl!
reggie just lost his starting job to goldson cuz of a injury if i was reggie i would be pissed off at the organization if he was only going to be out couple weeks
Great news, all things considered.
Originally posted by NinerNation:
reggie just lost his starting job to goldson cuz of a injury if i was reggie i would be pissed off at the organization if he was only going to be out couple weeks

wha?
Goldson had an off year last season but i think we can all agree he's young and isn't a "finished" product. If he returns to his old self, I could see us resigning him long term.

Carlos Rogers - Shawntae Spencer - Dashon Goldson - Donte Whitner

Our back-ups...

Chris Culliver CB
Tarrell Brown CB
Phillip Adams CB
Madeiu Williams FS (Should be SS imo)
Reggie Smith SS (Should be FS imo)

...practice squad and/or pre-season battles amongst Brock, Taylor, Spillman, UFA's. SHOULD BE GOOD!!
what is reggie smith contract? is he under contract after the 2011 season?
Originally posted by Ajanke:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Hopefully he can comeback. I see why he is upset though. This pretty much guarantees he won't get the starting job this year. He will miss out on any competition that would of been at the FS position. I'm glad it's not that big of an injury though. I just wish this guy would stay healthy for once.

I think Goldson played hurt last year, and that was the first season that he hasn't missed time w/an injury. Reggie will probably get a chance to earn the job.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Hopefully he can comeback. I see why he is upset though. This pretty much guarantees he won't get the starting job this year. He will miss out on any competition that would of been at the FS position. I'm glad it's not that big of an injury though. I just wish this guy would stay healthy for once.

I think Goldson played hurt last year, and that was the first season that he hasn't missed time w/an injury. Reggie will probably get a chance to earn the job.

Hope he comes back quickly. Really would like to see what he can do out there at FS.

mattbarrows Matt Barrows

From what maiocco has been saying, aside from willis, smith has been our best defensive player, unless goldson really impresses harbough, i bet smith is still slated as the starter when he returns....cant hate the depth that goldson brings us though!
Smith hasn't lost anything, since no starting job was ever assigned to him.

Smith is a better FS than Dashon, because Dashon has troubles in coverage and it looks like they are using a true FS this year as opposed to the previous DC's defense which made the safeties interchangeable. If anything, I could see Dashon being a back-up by week 2.
Originally posted by superman49er:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

From what maiocco has been saying, aside from willis, smith has been our best defensive player, unless goldson really impresses harbough, i bet smith is still slated as the starter when he returns....cant hate the depth that goldson brings us though!

He was pretty good at backing up both spots b4 he was a starter; that might free up the staff to hold onto younger, ST/developmental types (Taylor Mays, Colin Jones, Spillman)
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Smith is a better FS than Dashon, because Dashon has troubles in coverage and it looks like they are using a true FS this year as opposed to the previous DC's defense which made the safeties interchangeable. If anything, I could see Dashon being a back-up by week 2.

After Tavaris jackson throws for 437 yards and 3 tds against us?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

After Tavaris jackson throws for 437 yards and 3 tds against us?

Tavaris Jackson couldn't light up an open field for 437 yards and 3 TDs...
Share 49ersWebzone