LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Reggie Smith ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hope it's not season ending
Originally posted by goodthings19:
The timing of the Goldson deal would suggest that Reggie Smith has a serious injury. Goldson and Whitner will be interchangeable between FS SS but I think we will see Goldson primarily at FS.

Whitner also only played 16 games once in his career, Williams had a bad neck injury.
Im hoping Smiths injury was just a tweak. As far as insurance goes, we could of done allot worse than Goldson at $2m a year.
Possible that Smith got wind of the Goldson signing and was referring to that? He might be bummed to potentially lose his starting bid.
Does this sound like good news to anybody here?

On Sunday night, Smith wrote, via Twitter, "Everything happens 4 a reason & I believe it. Just wished it wouldn't have happened right now. But with God on my side I know it will be OK"

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Does this sound like good news to anybody here?

On Sunday night, Smith wrote, via Twitter, "Everything happens 4 a reason & I believe it. Just wished it wouldn't have happened right now. But with God on my side I know it will be OK"

Hopefully it was that he heard about Golden signing.
Its all speculation at this point. I'm holding out hope Smith is fine just a minor nick. I watched an interview he did with Maicco on Saturday and his spirits did not indicate someone who was seriously injured. I'm not certain if that interview was before or after practice though.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/08/11/Reggie-Smiths-future-clouded-after-Satur/l_49ers.html?full_args=08/08/11/Reggie-Smiths-future-clouded-after-Satur/l_49ers&blockID=546690&feedID=5936
sounds like we might cut him to me!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:

Why would we cut him? Seriously?

there are a million reasons to cut a player. what you dont think there will be any surprise cuts?

Need to immediately go get you ears checked.

there are a million reasons to cut a player. what you dont think there will be any surprise cuts?

Probably for intercepting the ball too many times in practice... happens all the time.

Wow, so you are serious. A) He's been excelling with the first team defense B) Why on earth would we inform him last night that he is going to be cut? We haven't even played a preseason game and don't need to make cuts for another month or so. C'mon man.

or

C) He slept with a coach's daughter/wife/gf
Maybe he's going to go Glen Coffee on us . . .
That sucks for Reggie! Sounds like he was having an awesome training camp, intercepting passes, etc. Glad we signed Goldson to replace him. Better than starting Madieu.

Originally posted by swim4speed:
That sucks for Reggie! Sounds like he was having an awesome training camp, intercepting passes, etc. Glad we signed Goldson to replace him. Better than starting Madieu.

To be fair though, he was going against two rookie QB's from gimmick offenses. We need to wait and see how our DB's do vs Alex and even that's not saying much.
Share 49ersWebzone