LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

Season stat predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mike
  • Veteran
[Sorry in advance for a really long thread, I know some of you can't read this much sorry]

We all know the importance of a strong start to a season. Any team that gets in a 0-5 hole can't realistically expect to ONLY lose 2 more to still pull out a winning season.

I know some of you still think we'll tank,
But am I the only one thinking, we had tough ass matchups at the beginning of last season?
We started off with a Seahawks team that we should have beat, but excuses like poor communication between the crappy o-coordinator and Alex which was only worsened by the loud noise in Seattle.

So after that confidence breaking fiasco we faced the former superbowl champs(was a closer game than I thought), Chiefs(they made the playoffs), falcons(they topped the nfc) and then of course the horrible Eagles game(also an elite playoff team). Obviously you want to beat these teams, but can't we at least have a few crap teams in between to give us a bit of confidence?

Teams go through ups and downs in a long 16 week schedule...and if you can go through those tough stretches still winning games it boosts the team's morale. When 4 out of 5 of the teams you face are favored to whoop the s**t out of you...It doesn't bode well for the season.

That brings us to this season... 2011
Week 1: Seattle @ SF - It seems like the perfect game for revenge, they have a new QB that even with quality weapons(miller/rice) will not be hasselbeck, and we won't have the issue of starting the 1st game on the road. Good opportunity to get off on the right foot.

Week 2: Dallas @SF- Very very tough team with romo healthy, not unwinnable(we were close to beating the saints and falcons last year...I think this'll be close), but I'll give this one to them.

1-1

Week 3: 49ers @ Bengals - No ocho cinco, no palmer, no TO...We also have a better run game and pass rush. I think we'll take this one.

2-1

Week 4: 49ers @ Philly - YUCK...We thought last year's philly matchup was bad, now they have a jets-like defense...This one's definitely theirs.

2-2

Week 5: Bucs @ SF -They shut us out 21-0 the last time we played them...Troy smith started and got sacked 6 times. I still think they're beatable with a coach that has some brains in his head. So I'll say us, in a close one.

3-2 by coaching/offense improvements.
Detroit lions take us to 3-3, week 7 BYE break for some rest, Then Cleveland takes us to 4-3 and Redskins in week 9, 5-3 . Then we're probably brought back to earth by NY Giants(week 10) 5-4, but then we face the cards!(6-4) Then Harbaugh's brother!(meh 6-5) Then the rams!7-5 AHHHHH Then the cards again!!! 8-5

eh...then the steelers...8-6

BUT THEN THE SEAHAWKS! Then the rams! HOLY CRAP ARE WE GONNA MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS???!!

what do you guys think?(obviously I just had us winning like every single game against the rams, cards, and seachickens which won't happen, but is our schedule easier this year?)
[ Edited by mike on Aug 7, 2011 at 12:51 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
4-12
Well the 49er fanatic in me says we can go 5-1 in our division. And I'm pretty sure we can compete and beat teams like the bengals, browns, redskins, and lions...

so thats 9 wins from our crappy division and average teams.

9-7 or 10-6 . I really hope the defense especially the secondary can keep us in games.

go niners!
19-0
Our schedule is easier than last year. I predict a 9-7 or 10-6 season, but that is only if this completely ready despite the lockout. Now, whether that will be the case is yet to be seen
Way too early. Ask me in a month.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Alex Smith year 7, rookie head coach = 6-10 or worse.
Originally posted by PTulini:

This!
9 wins would be very impressive
way too early for me to give a prediction. i need to see the first couple of games.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
19-0

20-0. The NFC Pro Bowl will be nothing but Niners.
under .500. We still have alex smith as QB.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Be good to see a preseason game or 2 first
Originally posted by JackBauer:
Well the 49er fanatic in me says we can go 5-1 in our division. And I'm pretty sure we can compete and beat teams like the bengals, browns, redskins, and lions...

so thats 9 wins from our crappy division and average teams.

9-7 or 10-6 . I really hope the defense especially the secondary can keep us in games.

go niners!
The team was not ready to play at the beginning of last year. Seattle had the energy and enthusiasm of a college team and Singletary's team looked confused and tired. I see Harbaugh as having a similar affect as the USC guy in Seattle last year. 9ers come out fast and shock.

Of course, then I remember the loss of minicamps this year and come down to earth a bit. But, I see JH's impact as at least three games, with good in-game decisions and getting plays in on time, so 10-6 is a possibility.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 7, 2011 at 8:38 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone