There are 207 users in the forums

You guys hear what Deion said about the 9ers defensive backfield?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 190836:
Lott, Williamson, Eric Davis and Dwight Hicks best ever.

Eric WRIGHT?

Sorry, I must have been thinking of Davis. You are CORRECT sir!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Chicken dance after Merton recovered a fumble for a td at Cowboys stadium after Deion left to Dallas = CHILLS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ_H8B8E5tQ

Here you go Tony

one of my favorite games of all time. mostly cause I watched it with a bunch of dallas fans and we just crushed them in that game. they were 8-1 heading into the game and we were 5-4
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
The '84 backfield was was just as good if not better. Lott, Wright, Williamson, Hicks

Interesting isn't it, 84 and 94 two of the best backfields in the history of the NFL! And the 84 backfield with Lott, Wright at the Corners, and Carleton (The Hammer) Williamson and Dwight (Hot Licks) Hicks all went to the pro bowl as the starting Defensive Backfield, it hasn't been done very much but we did it! Take pride 49ER FANS your team has a proud and storied history and we will rise again!
[ Edited by 49ERGLENN on Aug 7, 2011 at 12:38 PM ]
I really liked the '84 unit, but would probably give the nod to the '94 group.

90foe!!!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

quote]

SWAG
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

quote]

SWAG

I loved watching Deion Sanders play! He played with unlimited SWAG!
How can you vote against the 84 group, ALL of them making the Pro Bowl the same year? That's unheard of.

Sorry. Eric Davis is the weak link of 94 squad, which makes the 84 secondary better IMO.

1/ Ronnie Lott, HOF
2/ Eric Wright, the best cover man EVER for the Niners (except Deon)
3/ Hicks was a ball hawk
4/ Williamson kicked ass on run coverage, very physical guy.
I think Deion was saying it was the best defensive backfield he ever played on and I appreciate the love. In fact, for just playing one season, he showed the Niners a hell of a lot of love. It was nice. I'd say it was comparable to the great 80's backfields, but I'm not sure it was better.
Originally posted by highwayone:
How can you vote against the 84 group, ALL of them making the Pro Bowl the same year? That's unheard of.

Sorry. Eric Davis is the weak link of 94 squad, which makes the 84 secondary better IMO.

1/ Ronnie Lott, HOF
2/ Eric Wright, the best cover man EVER for the Niners (except Deon)
3/ Hicks was a ball hawk
4/ Williamson kicked ass on run coverage, very physical guy.

ya but Deion was better than everyone on the 84 team so it makes up for davis not being the best. he was still pretty damn good and a reason we had the #1 defense that year if i recall correctly. im gonna get crucified for saying that but yes, Deion as a CB was better than Lott. he was the best CB ever in the history of football. lott wasnt even the 2nd best niners CB of all time. Jimmy Johnson was the best cover man we ever had whos name wasnt Deion Sanders.

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
He said that the 9ers defensive backfield with Merton Hanks, Tim McDonald and Eric Davis was the BEST EVER.

makes you wonder why the heck he ever left. You join the team with the best all time reciever, one of the best quarterbacks and you leave for money? what the heck man...i barely even consider him a 49er. I love deion, but he should have stayed w/ us. We probably would have won another superbowl or 2.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Chicken dance after Merton recovered a fumble for a td at Cowboys stadium after Deion left to Dallas = CHILLS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ_H8B8E5tQ

Here you go Tony

That was an incredible half of football. I hope to see that in week 2 at home!! KILL THE COWBOYS!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I really liked the '84 unit, but would probably give the nod to the '94 group.

LOL you didn't see the 84 group did you.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
The '84 backfield was was just as good if not better. Lott, Wright, Williamson, Hicks

You...are correct, sir...
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by adacosta24:
i miss the chicken neck dance

Easily one of the top ten celebrations in the history of the NFL

Yeah, I heard Deion say that. It was good to hear.

Please excuse me for nitpicking, but I believe the dance was called the "pigeon" and was based on the way Bert from Sesame Street walked. I believe I saw an interview where he said he got the idea after watching the show with his kids. Completely unimportant, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in there anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone