There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

You guys hear what Deion said about the 9ers defensive backfield?

He said that the 9ers defensive backfield with Merton Hanks, Tim McDonald and Eric Davis was the BEST EVER.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
He said that the 9ers defensive backfield with Merton Hanks, Tim McDonald and Eric Davis was the BEST EVER.

Meton Hanks, Tim, eric < Ronnie Lott Alone lol
i miss the chicken neck dance
Originally posted by adacosta24:

Easily one of the top ten celebrations in the history of the NFL
The '84 backfield was was just as good if not better. Lott, Wright, Williamson, Hicks
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by adacosta24:

Easily one of the top ten celebrations in the history of the NFL

I do miss that dance
Deion should get a Comedy Central Special after saying that. Better than '84? Good one Deion.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Deion should get a Comedy Central Special after saying that. Better than '84? Good one Deion.

84 was awesome but playing against Deion was like missing a whole side of the field. i think hes right. merton was a sav, mcdonald hit like a ton of bricks and eric davis was pretty good too, probably looked better than he was because Deion erased the other teams number one receiver all by himself so the safeties could help him out more. either way, its nice to have this discussion about two of our teams lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

84 was awesome but playing against Deion was like missing a whole side of the field. i think hes right. merton was a sav, mcdonald hit like a ton of bricks and eric davis was pretty good too, probably looked better than he was because Deion erased the other teams number one receiver all by himself so the safeties could help him out more. either way, its nice to have this discussion about two of our teams lol

Good point. But that '84 team had no weaknesses. Every db knew his assignment and everyone elses too. It maybe splitting hairs, but to me, that '84 teams db's were the benchmark for all Niners teams with the '94 team second to them.
i think some of his fam was wearing niner jerseys guess he forgot about his days with the dirty birds and cowgirls
Hell of a good fight Deion started.

I'm with the 1994 side of the vote. After that Philadelphia game, they were a force unlike anything I've seen since.
cant comment on the'84 team seeing as how i wasn't born yet...so my vote goes for the '94 team's secondary
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
cant comment on the'84 team seeing as how i wasn't born yet...so my vote goes for the '94 team's secondary

well, i was fortunate to watch both eras and as much of an old school dude that i am...my heart belongs to the 84 team but reality is that the 94 team was just stacked! that secondary was dominant!!!
The interception by Eric Davis for a touchdown in the 1992 NFC Championship game is one of the great 49er plays.