There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

One fan's observation

Great post, thanks
thanks--great reading!
Found A Training Camp Video On Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwUx4tqOMqM
I think Grant is gonna end up starting next to Willis.

Great job, btw, to the OP.
I dont like hearing about alex smiths check downs tho,
Originally posted by niners9ers:

Yeah, it would look so much cooler if he just forced them downfield into triple coverage!!!

a check down worth 4-5 yards is vintage wco, get used to it.
Lol I'm jus sayin i dont like hearin about it, not he should force it......idunno we'll see what happens,
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

In the early years, before it got famously named the West Coast Offense, people were calling what Walsh was doing the "dink and dunk" offense.
Great stuff. Love to see posts like that. Makes being out in NJ a little bit easier when I read posts like this.
Originally posted by aman49:

Yeah, it would look so much cooler if he just forced them downfield into triple coverage!!!

I know this doesn't have anything to do with this thread but the triple coverage reminded me of this youtube video!!! LOL!!!! Got to watch it, its so funny.

Originally posted by greywolf447:
Originally posted by aman49:

I know this doesn't have anything to do with this thread but the triple coverage reminded me of this youtube video!!! LOL!!!! Got to watch it, its so funny.

That's what I was quoting
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

In the early years, before it got famously named the West Coast Offense, people were calling what Walsh was doing the "dink and dunk" offense.

Glad that I read the whole page 1st, I was just getting ready to post this response.
Hi everyone, checking in on the thread. Wasn't expecting such a positive response. I also noticed this forum post actually made the front page news wire? Haha, no idea who submitted it, but thanks for the support.

I wanted to make a correction regarding my nose tackle comment - I mistakenly wrote down Soap. It definitely wasn't Soap because he's out with a hamstring (sorry, this was written at midnight as you can tell). It was probably Ian Williams, but I really can't make out my notes at the moment. I have horrid handwriting and it's one of the main reasons why I will never be a beat writer. If anyone wants to contribute to my dysgraphia fund, let me know.

To address a few questions based off of my lay observations...

There was a question regarding conditioning in Harbaugh's camp. I think we have to be honest and understand that all these guys are professional athletes. Even during a lockout, most of the players came in looking just as good, if not better, than last year. Look at the news reports about Joe Staley and Alex Boone - guys who are continuing conditioning their bodies and slimming down while increasing their strength. It's important, but when installing a new offense, defense and special teams, we have to put the onus on the players to get their conditioning done while the coaches should focus on the mental aspect of the game. I also think it has to do with the CBA getting rid of two-a-days (or maybe Singletary just didn't have much to teach). Speaking of which, no, no one using Singletary's hill. In fact, it looks like it's been walled off, and many portions of it have dead grass. Haha.

I remember listening to Delanie Walker on KNBR and he talked about the differences between Singletary's camp and Harbaugh's. He said Singletary's camp was much more about physicality, but this camp was just as hard because of the mental aspect of the game. I'm a firm believer that football, from a game manager's standpoint, is the most intelligent sport in the world. There are eleven individual battles on the field and so many moving parts, so I really welcome the change.

Secondly, clarifying some comments about Kap - I really really really like the guy and his physical tools. I'll spend some time saying what I like about him because I think I came down a little hard on him. For a QB, the first thing you look for is whether or not you can make all the throws. Kap can make more than all the throws. Remember the heartbreaking Brett Favre to Greg Lewis catch? I am 200% sure Kap can make that throw. As for his motion, which has been the point of some debate, I quite honestly don't know what to make of it. If Jim Harbaugh thinks it's alright, it's alright with me. It's definitely not as sweeping or wide as Tebow's motion. Nnamdi Asomugah was on a show as a guest commentator, maybe it was the draft or some other show, and I remember him saying that a throwing motion like Tebow's (a really wide, somewhat slow motion) is basically the blood that a cornerback shark can smell in the water. It's too big of a visual cue and lets the cornerback know where the ball is headed and when. I don't think Kap's motion is as wide, nor is it as predictable.

This is, again, lay opinion, but consider the analogy: in a drag race (my personal experience being limited to Mario Kart) there are cars with slower acceleration but extremely high top end speed. Kap's motion almost looks relaxed when he throws. Imagine yourself tossing a baseball or softball to a small boy. That's kind of the speed that his motion almost looks like. It's just that when he actually releases, it goes 400 mph. Again, I don't know what to make of it. It's beyond my comprehension. I'll need to evolve into a higher being to hope to have an understanding of its ways.

Finally, re: Bowman. I think he would be a great backup to Patrick Willis and it might even be his natural position considering his nose for the ball. But I also think he is too good to leave on the bench, and naturally you want to have your best players on the field. If (knock on wood again) Willis gets injured, I can see him sliding over perhaps and letting Grant start next to him. Maybe he's been getting in some classroom work during his injury.
Originally posted by vrabbit: