LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 431 users in the forums

Did we upgrade the secondary?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What say you?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
yup. no doubt

donte whitner- reggie smith better than goldon smith- and wether its spencer or culliver, rogers better than nate we def. wont see the 40+ yarders as much
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM ]
I say we broke even. Hopefully with an upgraded pass rush it improves.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

IDK I think Clements and Goldson wont be missed that much now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes, but not nearly enough. The secondary will definitely be an area of emphasis next year...you can bet on it.
Yes. Next topic.
Hell to the yes!
Hard to give a grade to the secondary that hasn't taken the field. It sure is a lot different.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Yes, but not nearly enough. The secondary will definitely be an area of emphasis next year...you can bet on it.

I agree with this, but if the D can go from 24th against the pass to 15th, while its not great, it would be a huge improvement over the disaster that was last season.

• Antix
  • Veteran
I say we're the same.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by OnYouLikeGlue:

I agree with this, but if the D can go from 24th against the pass to 15th, while its not great, it would be a huge improvement over the disaster that was last season.

They were so bad last year, that type of improvement isn't totally unrealistic, especially if our pass rush under Fangio improves.
Uh, yeah!
Originally posted by OnYouLikeGlue:

They were so bad last year, that type of improvement isn't totally unrealistic, especially if our pass rush under Fangio improves.

I think they'll draft a CB and receiver early next year... unless Edwards does well and get's resigned. Defensive back for sure, though.
Share 49ersWebzone