LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

The best FA signing of Rodgers,Goodwin, Whitner, or Edwards?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The best FA signing of Rodgers,Goodwin, Whitner, or Edwards?

I'm going with Edwards. I know he drops a lot of balls but the guy does have size and speed we haven't had since T.O. I remember when he was still on the Browns and I saw him take a quick slant to the house some 80+ yards without being touched. Haven't seen that here in forever.
I'm gonna pick Goodwin just cause I doubt anyone else will say him but he may be a very valuable addition to that Oline. A Pro Bowl center could really help out with players like Anthony Davis and Iupati
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Goodwin - hands down.

Why?

1. He knows a fair amount of Jim Harbaugh's offense/line calls. The transition for the team will be much smoother with his presence - esp for Alex Smith.

2. This is an upgrade to David Baas in the short term. Goodwin has recently been to the Pro Bowl, and he brings a championship winning mentality to the team.

3. With Iupati, Rachal, Davis, and Staley still all relatively young, Goodwin immediately becomes the experienced leader for the offensive line.

The other signings are solid signings. Whitner and Edwards are significant upgrades, and Rodgers should be at least on par with Clements at a lower cost.

But I think that in terms of setting Alex Smith up to succeed, the protection is highest of priority - and that's why the Goodwin signing shouldn't be overlooked.
That is tough. It's between Edwards, Rogers and Goodwin. Goodwin will be the most underrated signing and probably the best long term. Rogers is the most needed signing. Edwards is probably the best player of the bunch. If Rogers and Edwards only stay a year it's hard to rank them over Goodwin. If they sign long term they could pass him up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
All these guys are second choices after the really hot girls turned us down down I'm not really expecting much out of them. In reality they are not better then the men they are replacing.

So before everyone starts choking on Baalke's cock lets see if they can do anything.
1. Whitner - Young, promising safety that is an upgrade than the play we had last season.
2. Rodgers - solid cover corner but dont over hype the man.
3. Goodwin - Pro bowl center. But we're gonna need some better play at T and RG
4. Edwards - I think Braylon would be the sexy pick since he is a WR and we are desperate to have a 1,000yd WR, but fact is hes been inconsistent to say the least and has a lot to prove. But I have to say, this is my favorite name of the bunch.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
That is tough. It's between Edwards, Rogers and Goodwin. Goodwin will be the most underrated signing and probably the best long term. Rogers is the most needed signing. Edwards is probably the best player of the bunch. If Rogers and Edwards only stay a year it's hard to rank them over Goodwin. If they sign long term they could pass him up.

for me it is Goodwin, based on the 3yr deal. If Braylon has a unbelievable year, then Its him, we extend him, 4yrs, lots of $$$ and everyone is happy. We would have our TRUE #1 WR FINALLY, lol.

Rogers I am fine with the 1yr deal. I was in favor of a 3yr deal for Braylon, like maybe 15M with like 8M Guaranteed, or maybe 20M max that would included incentives. But you cant blame him for wanting a 1yr deal, nor can u blame Baalke, its one of those low risk, high reward contract.

He breaks out, tag him, then negotiate with him, while having the insurance of getting 2 1sts if he leaves. But honestly, if Edwards has a great yr, I would rather keep Braylon over 2 1sts, sounds crazy But I love this signing.

If u asked me, Floyd or Edwards, yeah I said Floyd, But I had no issue with Braylon, either one would work. Now I am more excited with the fact like said, he can be a true #1, where floyd is a #2.
Wow 31% Goodwin. We have some smart fans!!! It all starts with the o-line IMO especially a position as valuable as center. No other position handles the ball on every play.
We signed Aaron Rodgers? ?
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

LMFAO

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

yes, and he agreed to backup Alex.
YOU FORGOT?

I love the line and believe that is where it is. Alex is pretty good when upright. When he has time he's great.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
YOU FORGOT?

Oh hell yeah man, Akers, while I loved Nedney, just was injured too much, I love Akers, and was stoked when his tag was removed and was free.

Then all of a sudden, bam we signed him. I was a little bummed with Nedney gone, but it wasnt we didnt want him, he was gonna retire.

Nedney had a great run in SF, time for Akers to continue that great Kickers in SF.
oh and 2% for Baalke sucks, I wonder who voted for that option, well I think I know, but I shall not speak their name(s).
Share 49ersWebzone