LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Welcome Braylon Edwards

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If i knew Braylon was going to have a lingering injury all season i would rather had this guy go on IR than Morgan...........DAMN I MISS JOSH

Sucks when you can't predict the future doesn't it.

it sure does.......more Kyle Williams less Braylon at least till hes "100% healthy"

Agree. Give him a couple weeks to get all the way to 100% to be healthy for the playoffs
braylon is like a less talented randy moss right now. either hes not givin as much effort or hes still hurt. id like to think if hes still hurt he wouldnt play...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
braylon is like a less talented randy moss right now. either hes not givin as much effort or hes still hurt. id like to think if hes still hurt he wouldnt play...

he has to be hurt, he cannot be half assing it when hes only in a 1 yr deal, its his knee and his shoulder thats bothering him
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
he has to be hurt, he cannot be half assing it when hes only in a 1 yr deal, its his knee and his shoulder thats bothering him

Has to be. He also probably would've like to have been a part of this resurgence (who wouldnt?). I'm just going to assume this year is an abberation. As far as the future is concerned, his play really has put all of the cards in the 49ers hands as far as a future deal is concerned.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
SANTA CLARA -- First, he had torn knee cartilage that knocked him out of four games. And for the past three games, 49ers receiver Braylon Edwards has been bothered by a sprained AC joint in his left shoulder.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Banged-up-Edwards-focuses-on-playoffs?blockID=601910&feedID=5884
Originally posted by boast:
SANTA CLARA -- First, he had torn knee cartilage that knocked him out of four games. And for the past three games, 49ers receiver Braylon Edwards has been bothered by a sprained AC joint in his left shoulder.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Banged-up-Edwards-focuses-on-playoffs?blockID=601910&feedID=5884

I remember him favoring in his shoulder for a while now. I know I wasn't the only one to notice, I remember others noticing as well during the gameday threads. I just didn't think it was a big deal at the time because he was still out there playing.....but it was very noticeable something was wrong with him.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I remember him favor in his shoulder for a while now. I know I wasn't the only one to notice, I remember other noticing as well during the gameday threads. I just didn't think it was a big deal at the time because he was still out there.

He got hurt when he tried to truck Deanglo Hall.
Originally posted by susweel:

I remember him favor in his shoulder for a while now. I know I wasn't the only one to notice, I remember other noticing as well during the gameday threads. I just didn't think it was a big deal at the time because he was still out there.

False

Q: When did you hurt your shoulder?

EDWARDS: The Redskins game.

Q: Was it the shot to DeAngelo Hall?

EDWARDS: It was the aftermath of that. I ran into him, that wasn't a problem. I got slammed on the shoulder by (LaRon) Landry, I think.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:

False

Q: When did you hurt your shoulder?

EDWARDS: The Redskins game.

Q: Was it the shot to DeAngelo Hall?

EDWARDS: It was the aftermath of that. I ran into him, that wasn't a problem. I got slammed on the shoulder by (LaRon) Landry, I think.

True. If he doesn't try to truck Hall, he could have landed differently. As a result of the way he went at Hall, he was hit in a position that hurt his shoulder.
If i knew Braylon was going to have a lingering injury all season i would rather had this guy go on IR than Morgan...........DAMN I MISS JOSH

it sure does.......more Kyle Williams less Braylon at least till hes "100% healthy"

This, in CAPS! I dont' know why the coaches insist on playing Braylon Edwards at 50% (or whatever) instead of a 100% Kyle Williams. This tendency for coaches to use a partially effective starter, who is probably hurting his team more than helping it, vs a backup who is arguably as valuable as that starter anyway, just mystifies me. Set Edwards down and play Williams for crissakes!

Originally posted by 4evrfan:
This, in CAPS! I dont' know why the coaches insist on playing Braylon Edwards at 50% (or whatever) instead of a 100% Kyle Williams. This tendency for coaches to use a partially effective starter, who is probably hurting his team more than helping it, vs a backup who is arguably as valuable as that starter anyway, just mystifies me. Set Edwards down and play Williams for crissakes!

While I can see your point I don't think I will argue with these coaches who have a semi bad team from last year at 9-2. Perhaps Edwards has practiced better than Williams...we don't know!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

While I can see your point I don't think I will argue with these coaches who have a semi bad team from last year at 9-2. Perhaps Edwards has practiced better than Williams...we don't know!

The problem is, Edwards is not doing it on gameday and seems to be a liability, at least until he's at or near 100%. Williams has shown he needs more touches anyway and the rest can only help speed Edwards' recovery. If you don't think your backup is at least as good as your dinged up starter who is not performing, what does that say about the reserve guy?
  • dj43

Harbaugh said he would discuss the matter privately with Edwards. Sounds like Edwards made a statement about his health that caught Harbaugh by surprise, or at least disappointed he took it public. Perhaps Edwards had not fully disclosed to coaches how much his knee and shoulder were bothering him. Perhaps he was revealing it publicly to cover for his blase efforts the past two games. idk
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Would Josh be available at anytime in the Playoffs?
Originally posted by Nes49:
Would Josh be available at anytime in the Playoffs?

no. even if there was the chance he'd be healthy, the fact that he was put on IR means that he can't be activated any time this year.
Share 49ersWebzone