There are 152 users in the forums

Welcome Braylon Edwards

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Not so sure this is fair due to his injury but I don't see him back next year. I mean he's not a difference maker for us on the field. Not a single TD all year? I need more from his position. We have no threats on the outside. Crabs is mediocre at best.

That portion of your post is ridiculous. Crabtree may not be a stud WR, but he's far better than mediocre.

Mediocre at best huh, wow.

Show me his production. Now that he's in his 3rd year?

I'm with you on this. he is mediocre at best. 3rd year in the league and there have only been hints of the talent and production he showed in college.

now, you look at someone like Dez Bryant or even AJ Green and you can immediately see the talent they showed in college. I think crabtree is serviceable BUT DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE SLOT HE WAS DRAFTED AT.

the whole "look at the stats" tells you everything you need to know: 1 TD from our wide receivers-AND IT WAS FROM A NON STARTER!

Crabtree is developing very well. In a year or 2 he could be pro bowl worthy. Receivers take time to develop.
Originally posted by DENden223:
Alex looked frustrated with Braylon at 3:53 on http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8247c506/Sound-FX-49ers-miscues

It's funny that Braylon tried to come up with an excuse...

Harbaugh indicated that Edwards ran the correct route, not sure if he has changed his mind. Smith disagreed. Might never know for sure.
Originally posted by DENden223:
Alex looked frustrated with Braylon at 3:53 on http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8247c506/Sound-FX-49ers-miscues

It's funny that Braylon tried to come up with an excuse...

I think what happened. Both Smith and Edwards knows the route is designed to go to the outside. But at the start of his route, Edward ran it like he's going towards the inside, so Smith adjusted to what he was seeing from Edwards. By the time the ball got there Smith realized, Oppps ! Should have disregard what I was seeing from Braylon cause he ended up on the outside after all.

Poor route running by the receiver and not trusting that his receiver will be where he's supposed to be on the route design by the QB.
My biggest issue... is that Braylon post-injury has not been showing any of the energy that he was showing pre-injury. No life... no spark in him since. So until he can get that back, I'd bench him... maybe just use him sparingly. Wish I knew how he was practicing... would be easier to get locked in on his state of mind. If he doesn't want to play hard, then fine... see ya. If he's just recovering and not quite himself, then fine too... take a seat till you are ready.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
My biggest issue... is that Braylon post-injury has not been showing any of the energy that he was showing pre-injury. No life... no spark in him since. So until he can get that back, I'd bench him... maybe just use him sparingly. Wish I knew how he was practicing... would be easier to get locked in on his state of mind. If he doesn't want to play hard, then fine... see ya. If he's just recovering and not quite himself, then fine too... take a seat till you are ready.

Good points all, OldMan... I too have noticed a significant lack of energy since he returned. I'm thinking that perhaps he just doesn't play well with injuries. Some players don't. He never has had a knee injury before so maybe he just hasn't adjusted to it. Or....perhaps he is simply not recovered enough. Whatever the case may be, he should probably sit out or be used sparingly until he is ready to go.

I like the guy personally. From interviews I have seen and by other accounts, he seems like a good guy and a good teammate. The fact that he rushed to return after his injury gives the impression that he has a team-first mentality.

There is so much we as fans don't know though......how much he is able to practice, how dedicated he is, how he is digesting the playbook, etc. Too soon to judge IMHO but there comes a point when production becomes the most important factor and he certainly hasn't been productive.

Hopefully, with the extended time until the next game, he can heal up and become a factor down the stretch.

Cheers!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Nov 27, 2011 at 10:51 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LA49er:
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Free agent WR Braylon Edwards and the San Francisco 49ers reached agreement on a 1-year, $3.5 million deal.

We over paid.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by LA49er:
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Free agent WR Braylon Edwards and the San Francisco 49ers reached agreement on a 1-year, $3.5 million deal.

We over paid.
+3.5
We over paid.

Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Edwards has a $1 million base salary, and no guaranteed money. The reported $3.5 million salary for 2011 is what Edwards will earn only if he reaches all his incentives, including catching 90 passes and making the Pro Bowl.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/braylon-edwards-got-no-guaranteed-money/
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by oldman9er:
We over paid.

Quote:

Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Edwards has a $1 million base salary, and no guaranteed money. The reported $3.5 million salary for 2011 is what Edwards will earn only if he reaches all his incentives, including catching 90 passes and making the Pro Bowl.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/braylon-edwards-got-no-guaranteed-money/

We still overpaid.
We still overpaid.

Knew you would say that. Better material, please. You can do it!

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Crabtree is developing very well. In a year or 2 he could be pro bowl worthy. Receivers take time to develop.

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Not so sure this is fair due to his injury but I don't see him back next year. I mean he's not a difference maker for us on the field. Not a single TD all year? I need more from his position. We have no threats on the outside. Crabs is mediocre at best.

That portion of your post is ridiculous. Crabtree may not be a stud WR, but he's far better than mediocre.

Mediocre at best huh, wow.

Show me his production. Now that he's in his 3rd year?

I'm with you on this. he is mediocre at best. 3rd year in the league and there have only been hints of the talent and production he showed in college.

now, you look at someone like Dez Bryant or even AJ Green and you can immediately see the talent they showed in college. I think crabtree is serviceable BUT DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE SLOT HE WAS DRAFTED AT.

the whole "look at the stats" tells you everything you need to know: 1 TD from our wide receivers-AND IT WAS FROM A NON STARTER!

I think the truth lies somewhere in between these two highlighted statements. He is certainly better than mediocre but I'm not sure he is a future Pro-Bowler either. I think he is a very solid number 2 receiver. Good possession type.

He may develop a bit further but I also think his foot issues are holding him back. I'm sure he is still feeling pain there and that leads me to believe his long term prospects for improvement are limited by that. That being said, he has shown incremental improvement every year thus far.

Let us also not forget that none of the Niner receivers are targeted as much as receivers on other teams so their numbers are going to be down somewhat because of that. The Niners are a run first team and they also have V Davis and D Walker to throw to so their wideouts just don't see as much action as those on other teams. If Crabtree were on the Saints, Cowboys, Patriots, or even Chargers, his numbers would be much higher and he might be in the discussion for a Pro Bowl.
If i knew Braylon was going to have a lingering injury all season i would rather had this guy go on IR than Morgan...........DAMN I MISS JOSH

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If i knew Braylon was going to have a lingering injury all season i would rather had this guy go on IR than Morgan...........DAMN I MISS JOSH

Sucks when you can't predict the future doesn't it.
I know Morgan was way more valuable than Braylon. God I know his knee is hurt but that doesn't mean he should drop so many valuable passes. Oh well oh well I won't mind to see him walk unless he steps up major in the next few weeks or playoffs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Sucks when you can't predict the future doesn't it.

it sure does.......more Kyle Williams less Braylon at least till hes "100% healthy"
Share 49ersWebzone