LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Stating the Obvious Here

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Works for me.
Originally posted by BloodyGore:
man f*ck him , If he is the key to get asante Samuel , Do it!! , but then again it is the eagles smh

Samuels has more ints than ever CB , on every team in the NFC west combined!!!!!! how would you not trade Taylor " I cant cover with a gun to my head" Mays smh , moves like this make and break teams

There is no "s" at the end of his last name. Asante Samuel.

Anyway, we could package Mays with some picks for Samuel, but I don't think Mays is going to get their 2nd round asking price to go down that much. The mass email the organization sent out probably dropped his trade value significantly because it shows desperation.

We'd have to package no lower than a 4th with Mays for Samuel. I'd do it if Philly accepted.
Player P Def Int

Asante S. 21 7
Nate C. 13 3

Obviously , Nate isnt here any more and NONE of our corners (not including C.Rogers) didnt even make the top 35 , so yall are telling me taylor mays:

Int
Nate Clements 3
Takeo Spikes 3
Shawntae Spencer 3
Tarell Brown 1
Dashon Goldson 1
Ray McDonald 1
Reggie Smith 1
Manny Lawson 1 (Wheres the great Taylor Mays at? )

so y'all are telling me Taylor Mays: who has NO INT is worth keeping ? this is why we haven't seen the playoffs since 2002
Originally posted by 49erRider:
man f*ck him , If he is the key to get asante Samuel , Do it!! , but then again it is the eagles smh

Samuels has more ints than ever CB , on every team in the NFC west combined!!!!!! how would you not trade Taylor " I cant cover with a gun to my head" Mays smh , moves like this make and break teams

Anyway, we could package Mays with some picks for Samuel, but I don't think Mays is going to get their 2nd round asking price to go down that much. The mass email the organization sent out probably dropped his trade value significantly because it shows desperation.

We'd have to package no lower than a 4th with Mays for Samuel. I'd do it if Philly accepted.

thank you grammar teacher , can I leave class now ? lmaoo or did I mess this sentence up also lol ........I'm just joking but your right though

[ Edited by BloodyGore on Aug 4, 2011 at 15:34:03 ]
Player P Def Int

Asante S. 21 7
Nate C. 13 3

Obviously , Nate isnt here any more and NONE of our corners (not including C.Rogers) didnt even make the top 35 , so yall are telling me taylor mays:

Int
Nate Clements 3
Takeo Spikes 3
Shawntae Spencer 3
Tarell Brown 1
Dashon Goldson 1
Ray McDonald 1
Reggie Smith 1

so y'all are telling me Taylor Mays: who has NO INT is worth keeping ? this is why we haven't seen the playoffs since 2002

50% of 'zoners are aspiring Al Davises, infatuated with size and speed... and nothing else.
Losing Franklin will suck for our defense. Alex Smith is a bust at QB. The sky is blue and water is wet.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Taylor mays + 5th

for

Asante Samuel
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Player P Def Int

Asante S. 21 7
Nate C. 13 3

Int
Nate Clements 3
Takeo Spikes 3
Shawntae Spencer 3
Tarell Brown 1
Dashon Goldson 1
Ray McDonald 1
Reggie Smith 1

50% of 'zoners are aspiring Al Davises, infatuated with size and speed... and nothing else.

lmaoo yea, those 50% of the web-zone clearly need to see what the raiders have done since 2002 also lmao
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Taylor mays + 5th

for

Asante Samuel

We're talking about the Eagles here, not the Raiders!

I'd go w/ Mays and a 4th for Samuel. But I really think you can get away with a 5th, 6th, or nothing in this trade: Samuel is 30, probably has 2 - 3 more solid years left in him, then will begin declining. His cap figure balloons to $8.4m in 2012 and $10.4 in '13 -- he's getting cut/traded after this season. Better to get something for him now, because his trade value will be limited to a 3rd or 4th in 2012+.

Player P Def Int

Asante S. 21 7
Nate C. 13 3

Int
Nate Clements 3
Takeo Spikes 3
Shawntae Spencer 3
Tarell Brown 1
Dashon Goldson 1
Ray McDonald 1
Reggie Smith 1

lmaoo yea, those 50% of the web-zone clearly need to see what the raiders have done since 2002 also lmao

It is probably mostly fans of USC that can't see past their faith to the school that the guy just isn't a baller. He was projected to go a round later than we reached for him.

I'd go w/ Mays and a 4th for Samuel. But I really think you can get away with a 5th, 6th, or nothing in this trade: Samuel is 30, probably has 2 - 3 more solid years left in him, then will begin declining. His cap figure balloons to $8.4m in 2012 and $10.4 in '13 -- he's getting cut/traded after this season. Better to get something for him now, because his trade value will be limited to a 3rd or 4th in 2012+.

Yes those are facts , but let me ask you are you confident in our CB's right now to stop anybody?
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Losing Franklin will suck for our defense. Alex Smith is a bust at QB. The sky is blue and water is wet.

I wouldn't say he's a bust, and most of the league knows that. Mooch was on NFLN the other day talking about Alex Smith, and he was discussing how good he can be with the right coaching...then went on to discuss how Smith has been screwed by poor coaching. Either Harbaugh gets a lot out of him this year or it's C-Kap time.
Player P Def Int

Asante S. 21 7
Nate C. 13 3

Int
Nate Clements 3
Takeo Spikes 3
Shawntae Spencer 3
Tarell Brown 1
Dashon Goldson 1
Ray McDonald 1
Reggie Smith 1

Your argument is lame because Mays has only started less than half a season.

(By the way, I'm willing to trade him because I know he won't get any playing time if we keep him. It's obvious the staff doesn't like him.)

Yes those are facts , but let me ask you are you confident in our CB's right now to stop anybody?

No. Not much confidence. But where else can Philly get somebody that can start at SS? They also need a MLB but I don't know who would trade one away.
Share 49ersWebzone