LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Stating the Obvious Here

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With all the talk about Taylor Mays on the trading block, one destination makes sense: Philly. The Eagles need a Strong Safety that can play in the box, and Mays plays in the box incredibly well. Asante Samuel is on the trading block on their end, and they cannot afford him after this season (Cap issues).

So that's my proposal: Mays for Samuel, with late round picks from the Niners to even it up if necessary.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by nickbradley:
With all the talk about Taylor Mays on the trading block, one destination makes sense: Philly. The Eagles need a Strong Safety that can play in the box, and Mays plays in the box incredibly well. Asante Samuel is on the trading block on their end, and they cannot afford him after this season (Cap issues).

So that's my proposal: Mays for Samuel, with late round picks from the Niners to even it up if necessary.

could have posted this in the Mays thread.
Not obvious, let alone likely.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

That would be too awesome...
#wishfulthinking
Don't trade trade Mays dammit!
Originally posted by aman49:

Sorry - didn't know that we're observing a strict "one thread per player" rule...
Originally posted by aman49:

We signed Whitner. Samuel is on the block. Philly needs a SS. We have one.
man f*ck him , If he is the key to get asante Samuel , Do it!! , but then again it is the eagles smh

Originally posted by bigmike55:

its either trade him or stash him on the practice squad, we signed m. williams and whitner, reggie smith is apparently looking awesome (thats 3 virtual locks to make the final roster)...so that leaves, maragos, c. jones, spillman, c. taylor, and mays...were not gonna keep more than 4 safeties, and the fact that mays is on the block tells me either spillman, taylor, or both are better than him

i was cheering just as hard as anyone when we drafted him, but he obviously isnt going to have a spot on the field, might as well get a draft pick for him
Originally posted by BloodyGore:
man f*ck him , If he is the key to get asante Samuel , Do it!! , but then again it is the eagles smh

Samuels has more ints than ever CB , on every team in the NFC west combined!!!!!! how would you not trade Taylor " I cant cover with a gun to my head" Mays smh , moves like this make and break teams
Originally posted by superman49er:

its either trade him or stash him on the practice squad, we signed m. williams and whitner, reggie smith is apparently looking awesome (thats 3 virtual locks to make the final roster)...so that leaves, maragos, c. jones, spillman, c. taylor, and mays...were not gonna keep more than 4 safeties, and the fact that mays is on the block tells me either spillman, taylor, or both are better than him

i was cheering just as hard as anyone when we drafted him, but he obviously isnt going to have a spot on the field, might as well get a draft pick for him

Taylor Mays is great against the run and has no idea what he's doing in coverage. Someone like the Eagles would make great use of him -- put him in the game in short yardage situations to shut down the run -- that's where they're lacking...the back side of their secondary is great in coverage.

Samuels has more ints than ever CB , on every team in the NFC west combined!!!!!! how would you not trade Taylor " I cant cover with a gun to my head" Mays smh , moves like this make and break teams

Agree -- the only small issue I have with that statement is that Samuel has so many picks because he takes risks.

Why the hell not? The guy was a total reach and is terrible in coverage. What do we do with him? Exactly where do you see him fitting in?
Share 49ersWebzone