There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed York on KNBR now

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Jed just made the stupidest comment of all time. When asked why the other teams in the division have made dramatic moves to improve the roster, while the Niners have been relatively silent, his answer was..."because they are scared of us."

I am not joking. I just about threw my computer against the wall.

Jed, sell the team. You are a joke and a liar. I believe I am more angry as a Niners' fan than ever. You have to be a moron to buy that argument.

The broadcasters are very skeptical.

Sometimes being a little delusional is a good thing, even if it's tongue in cheek like I think that comment was. Usually people who are uber successful at the things they do have an over-inflated sense of importance of themselves.

When Jerry Rice said in his rookie training camp he was going to be the greatest WR of all time, we'd have probably laughed at him. Now who's laughing?

After making that comment, Rice went out there and busted his a$$ to make it true. The front office does not have the same commitment.

If the front office didn't have a commitment to winning, we wouldnt have Willis, Gore, Davis, Justin Smith, Iupati, etc etc etc. They just have failed in the past but that was on John York. Jed is different, I can feel it
Jed just made the stupidest comment of all time. When asked why the other teams in the division have made dramatic moves to improve the roster, while the Niners have been relatively silent, his answer was..."because they are scared of us."

Jed, sell the team. You are a joke and a liar. I believe I am more angry as a Niners' fan than ever. You have to be a moron to buy that argument.

LOL maybe you should like another team?
I'm sorry bro I'm not putting you on blast but LMAO
He is motivating the team!!! LOL get with it bro, Wasn't jed the one who went out and got Harbaugh? I think for how old he is and how long he's been doing this he is doing a pretty good job. Oh and Jed doesn't own the niners, so he can't sell them just FYI.

[ Edited by KSchuerman on Aug 3, 2011 at 18:24:41 ]

Sometimes being a little delusional is a good thing, even if it's tongue in cheek like I think that comment was. Usually people who are uber successful at the things they do have an over-inflated sense of importance of themselves.

When Jerry Rice said in his rookie training camp he was going to be the greatest WR of all time, we'd have probably laughed at him. Now who's laughing?

After making that comment, Rice went out there and busted his a$$ to make it true. The front office does not have the same commitment.

So, they have brought in FAs over the years, Harbaugh this year, but they don't want to win? Come on now, be reasonable. Jed is young and will make his share of mistakes but his reputation is riding on turning the 9ers around.

They have not been cheap as many suggest, nor have they been afraid to make changes...and not knee jerk changes but after giving coaches plenty of rope.

Baalke wouldn't have been my choice but Harbaugh was...and they might not have him without Baalke. So, I'm happy for now and hope this change will be the one! They need some luck to get the players they need.

Walsh lucked out by getting Lott, Williamson and Wright in one year, that Monatana worked out and was not injury prone, that the OLine coach turned out to be great, that Seifert took the DB coaching job and turned out to be as cerebrial as Walsh was on offense...so many things have to go right.

So bottom line, they have brought in a very good coaching staff and are reworking the roster. We will know in a year or two if it works. Have an ale and relax.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

If the front office didn't have a commitment to winning, we wouldnt have Willis, Gore, Davis, Justin Smith, Iupati, etc etc etc. They just have failed in the past but that was on John York. Jed is different, I can feel it

Thank you lol finally someone gives Jed a little credit...
Originally posted by KSchuerman:

I'm sorry bro I'm not putting you on blast but LMAO it's a little funny how you spell buy wrong when calling someone a moron."You have to be a moron to buy that argument."
He is motivating the team!!! LOL get with it bro, Wasn't jed the one who went out and got Harbaugh? I think for how old he is and how long he's been doing this he is doing a pretty good job. Oh and Jed doesn't own the niners, so he can't sell them just FYI.

Wait, i'm confused. He did use the right form of buy. Did he not?
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

I'm sorry bro I'm not putting you on blast but LMAO it's a little funny how you spell buy wrong when calling someone a moron."You have to be a moron to buy that argument."

Yes
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by stunder49:
he said we are going to win the nfc west

Again?

He meant last year...
If you add an i to Jed, He would be Jedi York. Put that in your pipe and smoke it all you naysayers

Yeah lol he did, I think I might of lost some cool points for that one.

Yeah lol he did, I think I might of lost some cool points for that one.

It will take about a year and a half to gain any credibility back that was lost. You should also volunteer now
Look, Jed is getting the fall-out from years and years of losing...his mother inherited the team. The team falls apart under her husband's tutelage, she then turns a multi-million asset over to a 27-year old kid who knows from nothing. More decisions are made and we continue to lose..the losing streak is not entirely his fault. But, there is a lot of anger that his retarded mother would give Jed something that smart guys like Larry Ellison and Steve Young really covet and they more certainly could make it a great franchise. So, he makes a bone head comment and the resentment resounds, i.e. why HIM??

Who's upset we're getting teased about this? Do it, throw it against the wall and we'll see you later.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Look, Jed is getting the fall-out from years and years of losing...his mother inherited the team. The team falls apart under her husband's tutelage, she then turns a multi-million asset over to a 27-year old kid who knows from nothing. More decisions are made and we continue to lose..the losing streak is not entirely his fault. But, there is a lot of anger that his retarded mother would give Jed something that smart guys like Larry Ellison and Steve Young really covet and they more certainly could make it a great franchise. So, he makes a bone head comment and the resentment resounds, i.e. why HIM??

Jed's learning on the job, and there's going to be some growing pains with that.
oh noes, the world is going to end.
If you add an i to Jed, He would be Jedi York. Put that in your pipe and smoke it all you naysayers