LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 346 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Is this game on DirecTV. I'm asking my wife to Tivo it and she's not coming up with anything. Can't tell if that means it's not carried on DirecTV, or just as likely, that she's a technological spaz. Can somebody help me out. I don't think it makes a difference with DirecTV, but I'm in Southern California. Thanks.

Wont be shown on directv. Youre s**t out of luck dude. Should be on sometime this week on nfln tho.
Is this game on DirecTV. I'm asking my wife to Tivo it and she's not coming up with anything. Can't tell if that means it's not carried on DirecTV, or just as likely, that she's a technological spaz. Can somebody help me out. I don't think it makes a difference with DirecTV, but I'm in Southern California. Thanks.

you can't ask a women to do a man's job!!! i bet if it were romantic comedies she'd have that Tivo in 4 secs flat.

No DTV from what I heard here on the Zone, unless you live in the bay and get local channels
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Wont be shown on directv. Youre s**t out of luck dude. Should be on sometime this week on nfln tho.

NFLN will air it saturday night at 10:30 EST
3 MORE HOURS
Thank you all for the quick response. That's a first, even for pre-season. Oh well. Go Niners.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
naw, ur screwed man. Online will be your only hope.
Online: Try these

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/american-football.html
http://www.imhd.eu/
Thank you all for the quick response. That's a first, even for pre-season. Oh well. Go Niners.

Val's answer is correct, BS. It WILL be on NFLN on DTV, but not until tomorrow night.

You should be able to find the game on JustinTV or some other streaming video site. I watched most of our regular season games that way last year. Check around the forum here, someone will post a link to a streaming video.
I admit, I'm just a little excited to watch the 49ers.

things to watch for in tonights game:

these are the main players and things i will be focusing on for tonights game. after the game i will post my results.

aldon
a.smith
a.davis
culliver
whitner
goldson
rogers
chilo
edwards
kaep

I will be watching the secondary as a whole to see how they play together and how aggressive they are with the wrs. how much of a cushion will the db be allowing. seeing if we run any bump and run coverage or if we are playing more of a zone look. just trying to get a fell for the general scheme. but i will also definitely be watching individual performances with everyone in the secondary. from tackling to covering.

on th line i will be watching davis and chilo which should be easy since they play on the right side together. just kind of focus on how they are controlling the los.

alex smith i will be looking for poise, leadership and swagger. first i dont want to see any delay of game penalties, the plays need to get in quick and alex needs to have the team ready. im also looking for him to make steady progressions and get rid of the ball on time. i dont want to see any happy feet. i want to see a cool calm alex. i want to see a guy that doesnt look confused. at this point im not expecting much continuity with anyone but maybe vernon and morgan. im not expecting a ton tonight, but i would like to see the things i have already mentioned.

aldon i will be looking to see how well he sets the edge in the run game and what his general presence will be in the running game. im also looking to see how he does when asked to drop in coverage and if he is a liability there. Id also like to see the obvious which is his pass rushing ability. im sure he will be blitzed a few times to showcase his stuff, just not sure it will be to much in the preseason.

edwards i want to see how teams react to him and where he lines up tonight(x or z). i want to see if he can beat some double coverages and i want to see how well he can go get the ball in the air. im also looking out for drops, but i believe he only had one drop last year so thats not a huge concern. most of all i just want to see how we use him.

with kaep im just going to sit back, enjoy and hope he wows me.

these are just a few things id really like to see tonight.
which players put their hands on their hips
On the bus headed to the super dome...Almost that time!

http://twitter.com/#!/DonteWhitner/status/102128140926722048

I can't remember being this excited for a friggin' pre-season game.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
which players put their hands on their hips

damn it, i was seriously going to slip that in my aldon watch and i totally forgot.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Aug 12, 2011 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
On the bus headed to the super dome...Almost that time!

http://twitter.com/#!/DonteWhitner/status/102128140926722048

I can't remember being this excited for a friggin' pre-season game.

probably last preseason
Share 49ersWebzone