There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

reggie smith might be the answer

at fs, he seems to be doing well, and not a big drop off between him and goldson. As long as mays can become a good ss i think that is better suited for mays than at fs.

Do you think we will be ok with smith at fs and mays at ss?

I think we will improve at ss with this move and stay the same at fs.

If we get rogers we lose no drop off from clements, spikes will be missed but i say a little dropoff to bowman also some dropoff in franklin to soap against the run, a huge upgrade at the c position if we get goodwin.

We may only need to get a wr and even that is not a pressing need if crabtree returns week 1, but we still need a better wr.

looks like if we add rogers and goodwin, our losses are minimal and our ol gains greatly, not to mention our speed in the secondary improves greatly
he was rated pretty high coming out of college, given the opportunity who knows
If he can stay healthy he can be a good FS IMO.
he was a cb right? i think he will be a better fs b/c he lacks some speed he needs at cb, but i think he will be a solid fs and mays will eventually be a solid coverage....not great but just solid, however mays is already one of the biggest hitters at safety in the league. SOME WOOOOOO HITS
i agree

also i want to resign goldson and move him to SS

if we sign carlos rodgers as well

CB: carlos rodgers, terrel brown
CB shawnte spencer, philip adams

FS: reggie smith, goldson
SS: goldson, mays

thats a pretty decent secondary
I really like reggie, the question in this combo is mays. He has yet to show the ability to cover, if he gets in a 1 on 1 situation he is toast even with all his speed he has been very stiff in his movements. But if mays can loosen up those hips and be able to cover it could be a very good safety combo because we know he can lay the wood
I wouldnt mind Reggie at FS. If him and Mays can win the starting jobs the future doesnt look so bad at safety imo.
we had him at ss last season a few times, I think he belongs at FS. so we will see.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Two-words - Contract Year.

Reggie Smith will be a player on D this year.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Two-words - Contract Year.

Reggie Smith will be a player on D this year.

in preseason and when given the chance he has proven he is a playmaker he is always injured though
Originally posted by Tman:
I really like reggie, the question in this combo is mays. He has yet to show the ability to cover, if he gets in a 1 on 1 situation he is toast even with all his speed he has been very stiff in his movements. But if mays can loosen up those hips and be able to cover it could be a very good safety combo because we know he can lay the wood

He's done well in his limited playing time.

Either way, he is equal to DG38.
Just imagine what will happen if our coaches find a way to help our defense get after the QB. If that happens on the regular, the entire secondary will improve from last season.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Just imagine what will happen if our coaches find a way to help our defense get after the QB. If that happens on the regular, the entire secondary will improve from last season.

the coaches may not have to find a way to get to the qb because justin smith and aldon smith may be two very good pass rushers.....throw in willis blitzing from time to time and the dishes are done
Put it this way, he's the only DB position that I have some confidence in