LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 273 users in the forums

How many years have the Niners been rebuilding??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Be patient. We have a plan.
Originally posted by danimal:
1979 rebuild began
1981 rebuild ended
1981 - 1998 results = magical

1999 rebuild began
2000 rebuild ended
2000-2002 results = good

2003 rebuild began.
2004 rebuild ended.
2004 results = disastrous

2005 rebuild began.
2007 rebuild ended.
2007-2010 results = bad

2011 rebuild begin.

Let's hope we finally have a legitimate head coach! If so, the rebuild might finally get done correctly and completely!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
We've basically been rebuilding every year since Mooch left.
Since 1998
  • kray28
  • Veteran
After Walsh's two year plan in 1999 and 2000 which completely rejuvenated our defense, we contended for two years in 2001 and 2002.
I'm just sick and tired of all this BS. Was happy Harbaugh was here, and now I'm not. Now, the 49ers are years again from the playoffs. There is no way Harbaugh can get the Niners there less then 3 years. By that time it'll be, " Sorry Jim, gotta let you go..". Then it's on to the next. Why can't we get a coach come in here and add on good players who compliments the other good players. Or do the Niners really do suck that bad that they always have to be rearranged every time???? And if Harbaugh is arranging for Luck next year, I hope we miss Luck in the draft for pay back to Harbaugh for doing so. Tired of the 49ers being torn apart time after time. I swear man, it's like that movie Ground Hog Day, waking up to this nightmare everyday....

Sorry everyone. I'm old school, and I'm used to the San Francisco 49ers being a threat, not being looked at as a joke.
Originally posted by boogie:
I'm just sick and tired of all this BS. Was happy Harbaugh was here, and now I'm not. Now, the 49ers are years again from the playoffs. There is no way Harbaugh can get the Niners there less then 3 years. By that time it'll be, " Sorry Jim, gotta let you go..". Then it's on to the next. Why can't we get a coach come in here and add on good players who compliments the other good players. Or do the Niners really do suck that bad that they always have to be rearranged every time???? And if Harbaugh is arranging for Luck next year, I hope we miss Luck in the draft for pay back to Harbaugh for doing so. Tired of the 49ers being torn apart time after time. I swear man, it's like that movie Ground Hog Day, waking up to this nightmare everyday....

Sorry everyone. I'm old school, and I'm used to the San Francisco 49ers being a threat, not being looked at as a joke.

What was the alternative?
The alternative is some one not butchering the team and making their own. Every time there's some sort of structure, they are taken apart. Which is pissing off players the Niners have left. Soon these players won't wanna be here, then quality players will not want to come to play for the organization.
Nolan had a plan

Singletary had a plan

and now Harbaugh has a plan

but Harbaugh has more talent and cap room than his predecessor's ....So it shouldnt feel like a blow everything up and start over season
Originally posted by boogie:
I mean really!!!! Horrible! No free agency and letting players go and the Last people the team wants to lose is VD and Willis. Only thing keeping them here is the money. Other then that, they would have went else where. it's not the team anymore!! Screw the new stadium, I want to see WINS. And NO coach has done it yet. 2011-12, Niners have a good chance at being last in division for maybe next couple years. I see nothing to change this.

Here is the answer to your question.

Share 49ersWebzone