Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I understand, but Its not smart to just throw money at players, this crop of FAs are a weak bunch.

Best CBs were Nnamdi and Joseph. Honestly the rest are average, even Cromartie. Not high on Rogers, has been a bust in WSH. Marshall has also been mediocre in CAR.

Im fine with FA, just spend the money smartly, dont do a nate clemets or jonas jennings deals. I just couldnt see giving a 30yr old CB 15M a yr, or even 13M, over 5yrs. Its jusy way to much.

You mean like the Patriots before their Super Bowl run. What a concept.

Uh,little problem with your Patriots model. The Patriots actually made moves. They traded for players. Baalke hasn't even done that. lol

Wron, they started to trade for players and bring in big free agents after they won the superbowl one or 2 times, but they spent wisely and didn't bring in big names.

Ty law
Miloy
Willie McGinest
Troy Brown
Tom Brady
Bruschi
Richard Seymour
Ty Warren
Vince Wilfork

All these are guys drafted by the Pats.

So...we should direct our anger at the FO for bad drafting instead of inactivity in free agency???

Yes

1 10 Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
3 10 Glen Coffee Alabama Gone
5 10 Scott McKillop Pittsburgh
5 35 Nate Davis Ball State Gone
6 11 Bear Pascoe Fresno State Gone
7 10 Curtis Taylor Is he still on the roster?
7 35 Ricky Jean-Francois

1 29 Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina Gone
2 8 Chilo Rachal G Southern California Sucks
3 12 Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma
4 8 Cody Wallace C Texas A&M Gone
6 8 Josh Morgan WR Virginia Tech
7 7 Larry Grant Resigned as a FA

1 11 Patrick Willis ILB Mississippi
1 28 Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
3 12 Jason Hill WR Washington State Gone
3 34 Ray McDonald DT Florida
4 5 Jay Moore DE/OLB Nebraska Gone
4 27 Dashon Goldson FS Washington Gonna Go
4 36 Joe Cohen DT Florida Gone
5 10 Tarell Brown CB Texas Sucks
6 12 Thomas Clayton Gone

Do you see a bad trend?

Those players were the resposibility of the previous regimes (Nolan/ Singletary with Scott).

1. They were all drafted under the ownership and ultimate leadership and direction of the Yorks.
2. Baalke has been with the organization awhile, right? I know he wasn't the GM (can't remember if he was a scout or Scott's right-hand man), but his hands aren't clean either.

The last time I check, never heard one peep from Scott or others that the Yorks made them pick this pick like the Cowgirls and whiteskins ownership does.

Baalke may have been within this organization, but is he the one that pulled the trigger, the one that made the final decision? No. Is he the one that coaches the players? No! Why is Kyle Kosier signed by the cowboys to start at guard. Why was Dahl not on this team and starting elsewhere? Chilo's situation could have been avoided if we kept one of these two and coached them and used them right.

The other thing I read that ESPN pointed out is that the niners, because of the type of loses they have suffered thus far, will get some good compensatory picks in the next draft. Very important if building thru the draft and rebuiding your team around some gore people. I know people are tired of the past decade, but they are looking at the long haul and the three year plan started this past draft and it is just a prelude the way I see it.

People are acting like Baalke was the janitor or something. We was a team scout and then player of personnel. I seriously doubt he was just sitting around and not taking part in the discussion of who did/did not get added to the team. Again, he doesn't get most of the blame because he didn't have the trigger or coached or played. But there's a lot of blame to go around and he should get his fair share as well.

Look at is this way - Jed thought so highly of Trent and the job he was doing that he PROMOTED him to be the GM - to be the man with the trigger. You don't get that kind of promotion if you aren't already a key figure in how things are running.

Final words - he's been with the organization since '05. I'll leave it at that.

[ Edited by olapac on Aug 2, 2011 at 12:47:34 ]

I understand, but Its not smart to just throw money at players, this crop of FAs are a weak bunch.

Best CBs were Nnamdi and Joseph. Honestly the rest are average, even Cromartie. Not high on Rogers, has been a bust in WSH. Marshall has also been mediocre in CAR.

Im fine with FA, just spend the money smartly, dont do a nate clemets or jonas jennings deals. I just couldnt see giving a 30yr old CB 15M a yr, or even 13M, over 5yrs. Its jusy way to much.

Uh,little problem with your Patriots model. The Patriots actually made moves. They traded for players. Baalke hasn't even done that. lol

Wron, they started to trade for players and bring in big free agents after they won the superbowl one or 2 times, but they spent wisely and didn't bring in big names.

Ty law
Miloy
Willie McGinest
Troy Brown
Tom Brady
Bruschi
Richard Seymour
Ty Warren
Vince Wilfork

So...we should direct our anger at the FO for bad drafting instead of inactivity in free agency???

Yes

7 35 Ricky Jean-Francois

6 12 Thomas Clayton Gone

Do you see a bad trend?

Those players were the resposibility of the previous regimes (Nolan/ Singletary with Scott).

1. They were all drafted under the ownership and ultimate leadership and direction of the Yorks.
2. Baalke has been with the organization awhile, right? I know he wasn't the GM (can't remember if he was a scout or Scott's right-hand man), but his hands aren't clean either.

The last time I check, never heard one peep from Scott or others that the Yorks made them pick this pick like the Cowgirls and whiteskins ownership does.

Baalke may have been within this organization, but is he the one that pulled the trigger, the one that made the final decision? No. Is he the one that coaches the players? No! Why is Kyle Kosier signed by the cowboys to start at guard. Why was Dahl not on this team and starting elsewhere? Chilo's situation could have been avoided if we kept one of these two and coached them and used them right.

The other thing I read that ESPN pointed out is that the niners, because of the type of loses they have suffered thus far, will get some good compensatory picks in the next draft. Very important if building thru the draft and rebuiding your team around some gore people. I know people are tired of the past decade, but they are looking at the long haul and the three year plan started this past draft and it is just a prelude the way I see it.

People are acting like Baalke was the janitor or something. We was a team scout and then player of personnel. I seriously doubt he was just sitting around and not taking part in the discussion of who did/did not get added to the team. Again, he doesn't get most of the blame because he didn't have the trigger or coached or played. But there's a lot of blame to go around and he should get his fair share as well.

Look at is this way - Jed thought so highly of Trent and the job he was doing that he PROMOTED him to be the GM - to be the man with the trigger. You don't get that kind of promotion if you aren't already a key figure in how things are running.

When you go to an interview for managment job, you will get asked what do you hope to accomplish, what are your plans and how you will accomplish it. Not just because you are within the org., he probably sold them that his first plan was to try and get Harbaugh. Then how he was going to get the players they needed.

Many a time Walsh would ask isn't there anybody else? Pick somebody else other than what the scouts and others had stacked on the board, point is we don't. Or like Scott, didn't want to draft known small change of pace back or small receiver so his people did not go looking for people that didn't fit his idea of a protoypical type for that position. Baalke is different-he took Hunter-Scott would never have considered it. That is what I am saying. Put it another way General Bradley first served patton and ran it patton's way, once he surpassed patton because of patton's penchant for getting in trouble, he did it differently his way.

Ty law
Miloy
Willie McGinest
Troy Brown
Tom Brady
Bruschi
Richard Seymour
Ty Warren
Vince Wilfork

Yes

7 35 Ricky Jean-Francois

6 12 Thomas Clayton Gone

Do you see a bad trend?

Blame rests solely on those who make the decisions, not the ones that present options. It's the job of any scout like Baalke, one of many scouting personnel, to present the team with the players that fit their scheme and the direction they want to go in. Trying to blame him for things that happened before he was in charge of the decisions is like blaming a realtor for showing you multiple houses and you pick the one that gets flooded a year later. Presenting the scouting profiles of players and actually drafting them are entirely different.
Franklin signs with the Saints.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/98495998959161344
Originally posted by global_nomad:

This is what other teams keep doing to Baalke:

Originally posted by global_nomad:

Honest to God. THis team makes me sick. I don't wanna hear another apologist. This ownership is bulls**t and not interested in winning, just maintaining status quo. I will be selling my season tickets until the Yorks sell this team or turn this s**t around.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Blame rests solely on those who make the decisions, not the ones that present options. It's the job of any scout like Baalke, one of many scouting personnel, to present the team with the players that fit their scheme and the direction they want to go in. Trying to blame him for things that happened before he was in charge of the decisions is like blaming a realtor for showing you multiple houses and you pick the one that gets flooded a year later. Presenting the scouting profiles of players and actually drafting them are entirely different.

I disagree. Does Singletary get all of the blame, or do his coordinators share some of it to? There was lots of angst on this board about Jimmy Raye and his playcalling - deservedly so IMO.

The way you make it sound, Baalke did a great job as scout and player personnel and presented Scott with many good options for the draft and in free agency, but Scott ultimately went in another direction. Unless Baalke was screaming for us to draft Desean Jackson, but Scott picked Balmer instead (we don't know if that did or didn't happen; just using it as an example). Just because you're the guy in charge doesn't mean others can't share in the blame.

And the realtor example isn't completely accurate, unless that realtor is going to live in the house with you after you purchase. Realtors don't always have your best interest at heart. But your scouts and player personnel should. If not, they should be replaced.

I look at it more like a CEO of a company and the board of directors. The CEO makes the final decisions. So when things go bad in a quarter or a year, it's on the CEO. But if the board is helping to lay out a plan that the CEO uses to base his decisions on, why is the board exempt when things get messed up? That's my ultimate point about Baalke.

[ Edited by olapac on Aug 2, 2011 at 14:12:09 ]
jesus, so Franklin cant get a better deal with us. so he spurns us to go to NO.

I guess he didnt want to take a 4yr deal.

Anyway, Im sick of FAs not wanting to stay, and I know I know.

But this isnt on the FO.

Everyone can spin it their own way, this is roster and lack of is NOT on Baalke, and anyone who says it is, is and Im sorry an Idiot. This goes on McClueless and Nolan/Sing regime. Their the ones who f**ked up with contracts.

But this isnt on the FO.

Everyone can spin it their own way, this is roster and lack of is NOT on Baalke, and anyone who says it is, is and Im sorry an Idiot. This goes on McClueless and Nolan/Sing regime. Their the ones who f**ked up with contracts.

Did you want Franklin on the team or not? And if it's not on the FO then who? Not trying to start anything, just trying to understand your point.

But this isnt on the FO.

Did you want Franklin on the team or not? And if it's not on the FO then who? Not trying to start anything, just trying to understand your point.

Franklin didnt have any teams after him, he wanted to get paid big bucks, he made one final attempt with the niners yesterday to cash in with his one good year he had and he failed, took a one year contract cuz thats all he could get

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

But this isnt on the FO.

Franklin didnt have any teams after him, he wanted to get paid big bucks, he made one final attempt with the niners yesterday to cash in with his one good year he had and he failed, took a one year contract cuz thats all he could get

But but but....we should overpay for mediocre players. Stupid Baalke.

But this isnt on the FO.

I did, but not on a 5yr 25M deal, or even 4yrs.

I dont care how everyone spins it, this is NOT on baalke, this team is s**t, s**tty FO from before, no wonder players want out.

We finally get a good coach and everyone bolts. Our ownership is fine. Enough BS about not spending.

Dont overpay for anyone, not one player is the savior. I dont get why no one understands that. I feel like evryone is ignoring me.

Im sick of fans b***hing and moaning.

Each yr, we sign someone and oh he sucks according to the zone, who the F-uck knows that, no one knows. U have to wait and see on the field.

We signed Spikes, everyone thought he was done.
Larry Allen, people asked WHY, well he played real well here in 2 yrs.

Goldson, Lawson, Baas are OVERRATED. and u dont pay overrated players top 3 money at their position.

So get over it and just support the damn team. Same s**t over and over every year.

But this isnt on the FO.

Understand that completely. If he had the longterm, big money offers, he would have signed one by now instead of a 1year deal. I'm just trying to understand AB's point.
Originally posted by Amir:

But this isnt on the FO.

But but but....we should overpay for mediocre players. Stupid Baalke.

Franklin's a mediocre player?
Originally posted by DraftaQB:
No body has said anything about breaking the bank - we are not even close to breaking the bank.

We have 30 mil to spend and we choose not to spend it, that's like having Tom Brady at QB and choosing to start Alex Smith.

You should probably rethink that analogy.
Share 49ersWebzone