49ers 30 million under cap

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Meh, i aint even worried, the lockout pretty much screwed us and i dont expect the team to just throw money all over the place just because. We made a run at Nnamdi and Ochocinco and it didnt work out Oh well.

The only player im mad about losing was Clements

I still support Jed and Trent

This.

With a new management and coaching, I'm willing to be patient. Sing had his chance and failed. Now we must give Harbaugh and Baalke that chance without the hysterics of every possible move that could've been made. This is an organization that has some nice parts, but is going to have to be built up to fit our new vision. This is a year of little expectations, which is nice for a change, because despite all the knee-jerk fans out there, we may actually find a nice foundation to grow into the future. Just chill the f**k out and stop giving people reason to call us whiners.

Stop making sense!

Thats exactly what ownership wants they hire a new coach every few years just to shut the fans up and make them keep paying inflated tickets prices and $30 to park in the mud.

Nothing really changes..............

Yup. This. We need new owners.

I posted this many times and we all need to figure out a way to make this happen. If anyone knows Larry Ellison we should set up a meeting and figure out a way to get the Franchise in his hands. There is a way the league can force an owner to sell due to incompetence. Larry Ellison could take the team, hire great football minds and that would be a good clearing house for a Rebuild. Start with the foundation and build from there instead of keep changing the Roof and Walls over and over again. I do care about the Niners and of course all of the Pollyanna folks will say you should support the team. This is the real way to support your team.

Lucky Sperm will never get this team on track.

jesus, Its been a few weeks and everyone has turned on the FO.

Everyone was excited about getting Harbaugh, thanks to Baalke.

Now cause we dont sign "Big names" which isnt always the best idea or "the popular names" all of a sudden we are gonna suck for years.

AGAIN, WE DONT BUILD THRU FA, WE BUILD THRU THE DRAFT.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Meh, i aint even worried, the lockout pretty much screwed us and i dont expect the team to just throw money all over the place just because. We made a run at Nnamdi and Ochocinco and it didnt work out Oh well.

This.

With a new management and coaching, I'm willing to be patient. Sing had his chance and failed. Now we must give Harbaugh and Baalke that chance without the hysterics of every possible move that could've been made. This is an organization that has some nice parts, but is going to have to be built up to fit our new vision. This is a year of little expectations, which is nice for a change, because despite all the knee-jerk fans out there, we may actually find a nice foundation to grow into the future. Just chill the f**k out and stop giving people reason to call us whiners.

Stop making sense!

Thats exactly what ownership wants they hire a new coach every few years just to shut the fans up and make them keep paying inflated tickets prices and $30 to park in the mud.

I posted this many times and we all need to figure out a way to make this happen. If anyone knows Larry Ellison we should set up a meeting and figure out a way to get the Franchise in his hands. There is a way the league can force an owner to sell due to incompetence. Larry Ellison could take the team, hire great football minds and that would be a good clearing house for a Rebuild. Start with the foundation and build from there instead of keep changing the Roof and Walls over and over again. I do care about the Niners and of course all of the Pollyanna folks will say you should support the team. This is the real way to support your team.

Now cause we dont sign "Big names" which isnt always the best idea or "the popular names" all of a sudden we are gonna suck for years.

Once again it's not about the big names. It about the fact that we have holes and instead of looking to improve them. They made them worse. Also build through draft is a cop out. Good franchise build not only through the draft,but free agency as well. It's not one or the other.

This.

Stop making sense!

Word

This.

Stop making sense!

We can thank twitter for the drastic turn.

What we knew after Harbaugh hiring:
-Niners not to go crazy in FA
-Niners build through the drafft
-likely go through a rebuilding year
-have several free agents that may leave (most of which are average at best, but severely overrated on the WZ)
-The longer the lockout goes, the more it will hurt the Niners.
-New offense, new defense, new GM, new HC, so don't expect too much in 2011.

For some reason, everyone forgot all of that. All of this lockout B.S. seriously messed with people's heads.
Originally posted by fakers23:

This.

Stop making sense!

Once again it's not about the big names. It about the fact that we have holes and instead of looking to improve them. They made them worse. Also build through draft is a cop out. Good franchise build not only through the draft,but free agency as well. It's not one or the other.

I understand, but Its not smart to just throw money at players, this crop of FAs are a weak bunch.

Best CBs were Nnamdi and Joseph. Honestly the rest are average, even Cromartie. Not high on Rogers, has been a bust in WSH. Marshall has also been mediocre in CAR.

Im fine with FA, just spend the money smartly, dont do a nate clemets or jonas jennings deals. I just couldnt see giving a 30yr old CB 15M a yr, or even 13M, over 5yrs. Its jusy way to much.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

I understand, but Its not smart to just throw money at players, this crop of FAs are a weak bunch.

Best CBs were Nnamdi and Joseph. Honestly the rest are average, even Cromartie. Not high on Rogers, has been a bust in WSH. Marshall has also been mediocre in CAR.

Im fine with FA, just spend the money smartly, dont do a nate clemets or jonas jennings deals. I just couldnt see giving a 30yr old CB 15M a yr, or even 13M, over 5yrs. Its jusy way to much.

You mean like the Patriots before their Super Bowl run. What a concept.
We set a price for certain FAs (some likely unknown to the public), and we stuck by that price. When the price grew larger than the talent targeted, we drop that particular hunt.

I found this FA boring and underwhelming, but I like that we stuck to our guns to some degree.

SF's biggest acquisitions were going from Singletary-Raye-Manusky to Harbaugh-Roman-Fangio.

We have yet to see if that's truly an upgrade, but I'm sorry, it simply HAS to be.

Let them work with the current unknowns we have on the roster, and we may just be delighted to see that these unknowns were studs in the making all along.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
We set a price for certain FAs (some likely unknown to the public), and we stuck by that price. When the price grew larger than the talent targeted, we drop that particular hunt.

I found this FA boring and underwhelming, but I like that we stuck to our guns to some degree.

SF's biggest acquisitions were going from Singletary-Raye-Manusky to Harbaugh-Roman-Fangio.

We have yet to see if that's truly an upgrade, but I'm sorry, it simply HAS to be.

Let them work with the current unknowns we have on the roster, and we may just be delighted to see that these unknowns were studs in the making all along.

no need to be sorry. it is a upgrade no way can it get worse from a coaching stand point.
Originally posted by Otter:

Uh,little problem with your Patriots model. The Patriots actually made moves. They traded for players. Baalke hasn't even done that. lol
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Another piece of information people are ignoring. Teams are going in to camp with 90 players. At some point they'll have to cut down to 53. Seems logical that there will be people available later on, and the price will be much more reasonable and appropriate for their talent level.

Another piece of information people are ignoring. Teams are going in to camp with 90 players. At some point they'll have to cut down to 53. Seems logical that there will be people available later on, and the price will be much more reasonable and appropriate for their talent level.

This means--more scrubs on the way to the Niners...

This.

Stop making sense!

I said at the time that Harbaugh was a good hire but Baalke was just more of the same poor front office we've had for years.

Baalke was here before McCloughin was let go. And he was the easiest person for the Yorks to put in the GM role without rocking the boat. The problem is, with the front office, the boat needed to be rocked.

You can say what you want about which FAs are worth it and which aren't. But ultimately there's no excuse for being tens of millions under the cap. That means you aren't trying your hardest to win no matter how you look at it.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

its not always scrubs there are decent players that get cut for salary cap purposes.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

Well that's "the plan" no? Or is "the plan" Andrew Luck?
Originally posted by fakers23:

Uh,little problem with your Patriots model. The Patriots actually made moves. They traded for players. Baalke hasn't even done that. lol

Patriots and other competent franchises actually draft well, despite the fact that they pick low every year. The 49ers on the other hand, despite picking in top 10 for every single year in the last decade, have holes all over the roster. "Build through the draft" is just a slogan and excuse for the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone