There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No expectations for 2011

Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
We're going to suck this year. We have very little talent on this roster, mostly because our previous regimes couldn't spot talent in the draft, which is where you build up as a contender. This isn't basketball where you sign 1 or 2 FAs and become a contender. That's why no one is signing with us. What's a CB going do to for us? Nothing. What's a WR going to do for us with no QB? We're not 1 or 2 pieces away. We're not even 5 pieces away. Basically the only guys i'm actually excited about or Iupati and Davis on the OL. Everyone else i feel like either management or the fans have talked up into believing are good, but really aren't. Let me ask you this...of all our FAs, how many are other teams really chasing after.

Remember when Nate Clements got the 80mil to be a lockdown CB? He sucked here and teams barely went after him. Dashon Goldson? No one wants his ass. Franklin? Lawson? Lawson got a 1 year deal.

Our supposed top defensive players have barely gotten noticed as FAs to the point they're most likely going to re-sign with us because no one else will give them money.

Bass had talent and we should've kept him. But that's really it. But hey, let's sign some more LBs. Or draft more safeties and make then CBs. Cuz that's another thing we like to do. Draft a guy at one position and make him learn a new one. Great strategy.

I'm honestly sick of the bulls**t coming out of this franchise the last decade. Erickson knew what he was going after coming back from college, then Nolan was the defensive guru who was going to make us the Ravens, then Singletary (nothing more than a cheerleader) was supposed to make us tougher. Now Harbough is everyone's Golden Boy despite no coaching experience in the league (sorry his pro career doesn't hold much weight with me). I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think ownership has the money to spend and doesn't know how to spend the money they do have, and i dont think the front office has the slightest idea to rate talent.

you just said everything i was thinking, this is exactly how i feel
We're going to suck this year. We have very little talent on this roster, mostly because our previous regimes couldn't spot talent in the draft, which is where you build up as a contender. This isn't basketball where you sign 1 or 2 FAs and become a contender. That's why no one is signing with us. What's a CB going do to for us? Nothing. What's a WR going to do for us with no QB? We're not 1 or 2 pieces away. We're not even 5 pieces away. Basically the only guys i'm actually excited about or Iupati and Davis on the OL. Everyone else i feel like either management or the fans have talked up into believing are good, but really aren't. Let me ask you this...of all our FAs, how many are other teams really chasing after.

Remember when Nate Clements got the 80mil to be a lockdown CB? He sucked here and teams barely went after him. Dashon Goldson? No one wants his ass. Franklin? Lawson? Lawson got a 1 year deal.

Our supposed top defensive players have barely gotten noticed as FAs to the point they're most likely going to re-sign with us because no one else will give them money.

Bass had talent and we should've kept him. But that's really it. But hey, let's sign some more LBs. Or draft more safeties and make then CBs. Cuz that's another thing we like to do. Draft a guy at one position and make him learn a new one. Great strategy.

I'm honestly sick of the bulls**t coming out of this franchise the last decade. Erickson knew what he was going after coming back from college, then Nolan was the defensive guru who was going to make us the Ravens, then Singletary (nothing more than a cheerleader) was supposed to make us tougher. Now Harbough is everyone's Golden Boy despite no coaching experience in the league (sorry his pro career doesn't hold much weight with me). I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think ownership has the money to spend and doesn't know how to spend the money they do have, and i dont think the front office has the slightest idea to rate talent.

THE DR. IS IN!!! And he just prescribed a dose of reality for all the homers..
Looks like everyone has expectations. They are just very low. My expectations are simple. Our coaches will evaluate the talent and put the best players that fit their scheme on the field. We will not have a winning season but I believe that this season will show us somethings we haven't seen in a while. Our coaches will implement great gameplans and actually make halftime adjustments. We will go into the offseason with a thorough evaluation of all of our players. This will allow us to cut or not retain players that do not fit with our new scheme. This will also allow us to go out and sign free agent upgrades that will. This year will be a transition year. People need a reality check if they expect anything more this year. Quit living in the past and realize that we are a mediocre team that is going to take a few years to be legitimate contenders.

[ Edited by drake49er on Aug 2, 2011 at 06:13:09 ]
It's obvious that Balke's plan is to let Harbaugh evaluate the talent we have during this season and then use the $30mm of cap space next year to fix our roster. Signing one or two big names this year was not going to take us to the super bowl and I think we have more talent on the roster than we have seen due to poor coaching. We will surprise people this year and then have smart signings next year which will then allow us to compete. It is tough to look at another disappointing season, but if that is what it takes to have a winning team for many years to come, it's worth it.
This could be the first team to lose more games than it plays...From our chronic sickness and addiction to Alex Smith at QB, to our Diva estrogen fueled punk ass WR, Not to mention how our OL is not very good and has gotten worse, to sadly our abused and unappreciated RB (who would have been a household name anywhere else), to lastly, our defense of one guy in the middle.... We suck!

Here's how it's gonna play out...
1. Alex smith will have his best year as a niner we will go 1-16 (The cheerleaders for the first time will get the blame that they deserve for his failures)
2. Alex will get a 7 year extension, we will then go on to a W-L record of 12-100 over that time period.
3. After collecting only 3 wins over the first 4 years JH will be fired. (he will be accidentially recorded on a live mic using bad language while mumbling something about how he should have dumped AS DAY ONE!)
4. One of you lucky Webzoner's will get promoted to head coach in a cost saving move. That person will then bring back both Nolan and Singletary because they have "experience"...
5. The organization goes on a signing rampage and each one of those signing gets labeled a "Beast"...
6. All of the signings flop...
7. Other teams wil start wearing T-shirts, backpacks, nightgowns etc. (made and sold by the Yorks) that say "atleast we aren't the SF49ers".
8. The Yorks then justify all of their moves with a pie chart showing a significant increases in merchandise sales and revenue...
9. One lucky Webzoner is fired in a cost saving move - The yorks and Baalke finally reveal the super plan - it was so simple, it should have worked... While the internet debates how the plan failed........
10. The York's use all of the extra money gained in cost cutting moves to sign Alex Smith to the biggest deal in history making him the starting QB, head coach and co-GM... Smith, amazingly never plays great but does play well into his 60's...
11. We continue a streak never to be broken or even challenged as the worst team in the weakest division in all of pro sports!

Dirty
The last two seasons, I had high expectations for the niners, and they sucked. This year, I don't think they have a shot at the playoffs, hopefully I am wrong again.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

THE DR. IS IN!!! And he just prescribed a dose of reality for all the homers..

Only top talent is getting good money this year, it's a very soft market with over 400 free agents. It was surprising that Clements and Lawson were able to get signed so quickly.
Originally posted by drake49er:
Looks like everyone has expectations. They are just very low. My expectations are simple. Our coaches will evaluate the talent and put the best players that fit their scheme on the field. We will not have a winning season but I believe that this season will show us somethings we haven't seen in a while. Our coaches will implement great gameplans and actually make halftime adjustments. We will go into the offseason with a thorough evaluation of all of our players. This will allow us to cut or not retain players that do not fit with our new scheme. This will also allow us to go out and sign free agent upgrades that will. This year will be a transition year. People need a reality check if they expect anything more this year. Quit living in the past and realize that we are a mediocre team that is going to take a few years to be legitimate contenders.

This is exactly right. And that makes it a very good year indeed.

There is a kind of inertia of suckiness that will hold the team back for awhile, even after the perps have gone. The stench of incompetence will linger for at least a year.
Look I totally get the evaluation stuff with the players. Basically, you tank this year getting rid of the guys who don't fit the scheme/philosophy Harbaugh is instilling. Fine. Get a high draft pick, clear some cap room and start the rebuilding.

But that still means relying and trusting that Harbaugh knows what he's doing and that Baalke can execute it. Sorry, not feeling confident in either of those things, much less both.

In reality, we're more likely 2-3 years away. We'll give Smith his shot and eventually he'll give way to Kaepernick midway thru the year so Colin get the experience during a lost season. Then we have to go back to the draft and get legit WRs, a RB, and basically an entire defense. And thats IF Harbaugh knows what he's doing and our drafts go well.
I think Harbaugh's whole plan is to try and loose so he can try to draft andrew luck next year, bad thing about that is we will be another 2 yrs away from getting anyware with him, then we will need a new running back because Gore will be getting to old, then we will have so many losses Harbaugh will probally be fired and then we will have to start all over again. I just don't get it, you get the dream coaching job of your life and he doesn't even want to try and stack our team to give us a fair shot. Our entire division is taking steps foward, and we fell off before it even started.
Originally posted by Derek23:
I think Harbaugh's whole plan is to try and loose so he can try to draft andrew luck next year, bad thing about that is we will be another 2 yrs away from getting anyware with him, then we will need a new running back because Gore will be getting to old, then we will have so many losses Harbaugh will probally be fired and then we will have to start all over again. I just don't get it, you get the dream coaching job of your life and he doesn't even want to try and stack our team to give us a fair shot. Our entire division is taking steps foward, and we fell off before it even started.

You're exactly right. That is his plan.

We need to loose, and loose big.

lol

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 2, 2011 at 17:26:30 ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Derek23:

You're exactly right. That is his plan.

Such a played out concept and folks keep bringing it up like they just had an epiphany. Let's be a little more creative folks!

I expect us to compete and not just lay down and wait for next season to come around.

Compete, execute, turn up. This year will be 'get the basics' for our young team to get right. Start off with the basics and if it takes this team all year to get it right then so be it. We might not get flash and flair but I want to see solid commitment. yeah sure the FA period has been crap for the 9ers but I believe, have to believe that the players that we have here are the player that want to be here.

If the boys take care of the little things the bigger things will take care of themselves.
Does anybody else get the feeling that they are just being cheap and calling it rebuilding. They let young players go and could have picked up some decent young players in FA to build upon. It has been all smoke and mirrors with them fooling us to believe they were after big time free agents. I will not watch a game this year if they put this crappy team on the field.