There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No expectations for 2011

Over the last couple of season's our 49ers have been expected to finally come out on top and win the NFC West, This season based on what free agency has looked like for the 49ers and rest of the NFC West (thus far a week in), it seems like the 49ers are no longer the buzz out west to be this years surprise team in the NFC, sorta flying under the radar and I like this situation better, If you really think about it our coaching was the biggest problem and was mediocre at best under Singletary, and now we have an intelligent experienced coach, We might be pleasantly surprised this season, lets keep our heads up as 49er fans see were Harbaugh leads us.
This is exactly how I feel. While it is sad to see players such as Takeo, Nate, Baas (Didn't you love the way his head fit in his helmet?) and maybe more won't be back, I still think the 49ers have enough good players to do well with Harbaugh at the horns as play caller!
Co sign...Harbaalke will eventually build us up into contenders...least we dont have a coach carousel anymore...stability there now so even more patience is needed to give Harbaalke time to shape this team how he wants it...we will end up fine regardless of all the boo hooing coming from so many...be real fans and ride it out

[ Edited by mac9er on Aug 2, 2011 at 00:23:32 ]
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
This is exactly how I feel. While it is sad to see players such as Takeo, Nate, Baas (Didn't you love the way his head fit in his helmet?) and maybe more won't be back, I still think the 49ers have enough good players to do well with Harbaugh at the horns as play caller!

  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,368
Originally posted by mac9er:
Co sign...Harbaalke will eventually build us up into contenders...least we dont have a coach carousel anymore...stability there now so even more patience is needed to give Harbaalke time to shape this team how he wants it...we will end up fine regardless of all the boo hooing coming from so many...be real fans and ride it out


Honestly hiring Harbaugh has been the only thing that didn't scream "The Yorks are cheap" so I have a little more hope. I think it is a joke when people are labeled "not real fans" because they are sick of losing. Do you realize the 8 non winning season stretch under the Yorks, doubles the worst non winning span in the last 40 years. That is how long I have been a fan of this team and I am tired of waiting for this team to start winning. As for those who don't think the Yorks have been cheap stop siting player contracts, there is a minimum that must be spent, this year it is 90% of max. It seems the York's are going to do just that. If you don't have ownership that is committed to winning you have zero chance of being any good.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by mac9er:
Co sign...Harbaalke will eventually build us up into contenders...least we dont have a coach carousel anymore...stability there now so even more patience is needed to give Harbaalke time to shape this team how he wants it...we will end up fine regardless of all the boo hooing coming from so many...be real fans and ride it out


Honestly hiring Harbaugh has been the only thing that didn't scream "The Yorks are cheap" so I have a little more hope. I think it is a joke when people are labeled "not real fans" because they are sick of losing. Do you realize the 8 non winning season stretch under the Yorks, doubles the worst non winning span in the last 40 years. That is how long I have been a fan of this team and I am tired of waiting for this team to start winning. As for those who don't think the Yorks have been cheap stop siting player contracts, there is a minimum that must be spent, this year it is 90% of max. It seems the York's are going to do just that. If you don't have ownership that is committed to winning you have zero chance of being any good.

Actually the 90% minimum spent of salary scenario doesnt begin until 2013 offseason.
We'll definitely be in for a surprise. Let's go!
I see us finishing second in the NFC West (behind the Rams) and surprise a lot of people.

-Kaep's gonna rise up as the next Prodigal son of San Francisco during mid-season, and next season we're gonna load up on talent to make the playoffs in 2012.
I expect it will be bad.
I have also been a bit dissapointed.
Yet if I where Nnamdi Assamougha, or Plax I´d also rather sign with the Eagles, Jets who are contenders thatn with the niners who have just proven that they are unable to win a weak divison, an selfdestruct every time.

This year believe it or not is very important, If Harbaugh can show that we do not selfdestruct every time, that we have a clear plan, that we do not missmanage the game plan, etc.

Than bigger name FA will consider us.

Look at detroit they are still a weak team, yet they are no longer the personification of total ineptude.
We're going to suck this year. We have very little talent on this roster, mostly because our previous regimes couldn't spot talent in the draft, which is where you build up as a contender. This isn't basketball where you sign 1 or 2 FAs and become a contender. That's why no one is signing with us. What's a CB going do to for us? Nothing. What's a WR going to do for us with no QB? We're not 1 or 2 pieces away. We're not even 5 pieces away. Basically the only guys i'm actually excited about or Iupati and Davis on the OL. Everyone else i feel like either management or the fans have talked up into believing are good, but really aren't. Let me ask you this...of all our FAs, how many are other teams really chasing after.

Remember when Nate Clements got the 80mil to be a lockdown CB? He sucked here and teams barely went after him. Dashon Goldson? No one wants his ass. Franklin? Lawson? Lawson got a 1 year deal.

Our supposed top defensive players have barely gotten noticed as FAs to the point they're most likely going to re-sign with us because no one else will give them money.

Bass had talent and we should've kept him. But that's really it. But hey, let's sign some more LBs. Or draft more safeties and make then CBs. Cuz that's another thing we like to do. Draft a guy at one position and make him learn a new one. Great strategy.

I'm honestly sick of the bulls**t coming out of this franchise the last decade. Erickson knew what he was going after coming back from college, then Nolan was the defensive guru who was going to make us the Ravens, then Singletary (nothing more than a cheerleader) was supposed to make us tougher. Now Harbough is everyone's Golden Boy despite no coaching experience in the league (sorry his pro career doesn't hold much weight with me). I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think ownership has the money to spend and doesn't know how to spend the money they do have, and i dont think the front office has the slightest idea to rate talent.
It's a new day. Hope springs eternal.
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
We're going to suck this year. We have very little talent on this roster, mostly because our previous regimes couldn't spot talent in the draft, which is where you build up as a contender. This isn't basketball where you sign 1 or 2 FAs and become a contender. That's why no one is signing with us. What's a CB going do to for us? Nothing. What's a WR going to do for us with no QB? We're not 1 or 2 pieces away. We're not even 5 pieces away. Basically the only guys i'm actually excited about or Iupati and Davis on the OL. Everyone else i feel like either management or the fans have talked up into believing are good, but really aren't. Let me ask you this...of all our FAs, how many are other teams really chasing after.

Remember when Nate Clements got the 80mil to be a lockdown CB? He sucked here and teams barely went after him. Dashon Goldson? No one wants his ass. Franklin? Lawson? Lawson got a 1 year deal.

Our supposed top defensive players have barely gotten noticed as FAs to the point they're most likely going to re-sign with us because no one else will give them money.

Bass had talent and we should've kept him. But that's really it. But hey, let's sign some more LBs. Or draft more safeties and make then CBs. Cuz that's another thing we like to do. Draft a guy at one position and make him learn a new one. Great strategy.

I'm honestly sick of the bulls**t coming out of this franchise the last decade. Erickson knew what he was going after coming back from college, then Nolan was the defensive guru who was going to make us the Ravens, then Singletary (nothing more than a cheerleader) was supposed to make us tougher. Now Harbough is everyone's Golden Boy despite no coaching experience in the league (sorry his pro career doesn't hold much weight with me). I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think ownership has the money to spend and doesn't know how to spend the money they do have, and i dont think the front office has the slightest idea to rate talent.

I agree and finally the front office agrees thats why these guys are finally off the team. Alot are upset that these players werent re-signed and I cant figure out why? To me Nolan and Singletary were 2 different coaches but it was the same regime and mindset they basically just overated what was here to save there jobs and to make people think they had drafted well. If your Baalke or Harbaugh you might as well trim the fat and the holdovers that were used to losing year in and year out. move foward with what you have and make the best out of it then get who you want in next years draft. (we will be picking early).
When you suck as long as we have and a new regime comes in expect a lot of player turnaround. Expect players not to be resigned. Hell we act like these players were pro-bowlers. This is what happens when you suck.

Also expect other free agents not to sign with us. Why would we be at the top of their list when we have sucked for so long? Harbaugh is going to have to prove himslef in order to land the key free agents.

I don't buy into the Yorks are cheap thing neither. They may not know what they are doing but they have paid for some free agents to come here. Plus we have went after the big names Aso, Ocho, Plax to name a few.

Don't expect to win a lot this year. Do expect to be competitive though.
this is clearly not going to happen but maybe now that everyone thinks we arent going to be good we will turn some heads and play a little better

every year it was this is our breakout year or the surprise team and we failed...now maybe with no expectations whatsoever we can be a bit of a surprise