There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

bump
Originally posted by susweel:
bump

didn't fool, lol
On some message boards you would be warned/suspended for such bump. Grow up Sus.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
On some message boards you would be warned/suspended for such bump. Grow up Sus.

yup
I was wondering how we'd go from one extreme of waiting out FA to suddenly he was signed. I wasn't quick enough to immediately realize this was an old thread.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

yup

Well, that was annoying.
Originally posted by susweel:
bump

Agreed
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Gay and fake
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Here are my thoughts on Carlos:

Honestly, from the get go I think he is true to his word. He's a very down to earth guy who knows the game and this league. I believe he fully wants to come back now the problem is.... Carlos is a bit older and he is slowing. Brown has become our best CB (believe it or not). Carlos got 6 picks this year but he gave up a lot of yardage. Maybe not like Nate but he has similar skills to him. I think he will decline soon and what I am worried about is if he doesn't get the picks people will turn on him if he is still giving up yards. Hard to believe he can match the 6 picks again next season. So if he starts giving up yardage but drops picks people will get really angry especially if we give him way too much. I am not just referring to the Giants game because he looked like he was being cautious due to footing and that's why they took him off Cruz. All year long he's been put on the bigger (slightly slower) wrs where Brown and Culliver have been put on the #1's and the faster WRs. Brown especially and Culliver are both faster.

So I look for a FAIR deal.... maybe 3-4 years. Any longer than that it should be backloaded because he probably won't be around after 5 years. Heck... I would say 3 is the right number. As for price I would pay him around 16-20 million for 3 years and like 20-22 million for 4. He will probably be #2 next year and eventually be a 3. So as much as I like the guy I hope he told his agent to be fair if he wants to be back here. We should have the leverage. Again, I like him as a player and person but he is in no position to hold us hostage. If he does he's gone, Brown is 1, Culliver is 2 and Brock is 3 and we use a high pick probably on another CB. We also have Curtis Holcomb coming back from injury. The guy was a 4 year captain so I am sure the team will like his leadership ability.

Let me add Carlos has enough money. He was the 9th overall pick. He's been on a losing team for many years (the redskins). He could take more money and be on a losing team again but it's clear that's not what he wants. He's at the point where he would rather win/have a SB ring than get rich and collect stats.

A reasonable deal to me is 5yr 32M, with backloaded in 2016 when we only have Willis, Staley and Brooks signed.

I would also imagine a deal similar to Brooks in where it has escalators, and decreases in salaries based on stats. Plus roster bonuses, in game wise, and also like an roster bonus to pick up the rest of his deal or year by year.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Gay and fake

uh...look at the DATE on the original post.
Can we change the title of this thread because you just ruined by day.
Oh...I fell for it ...... why ... why ..
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,400 for VA49er.
Seriously....
this is the second time 1 st it was blake
uncool...