There are 255 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch Also In San Francisco 49ers
#49ers free agent Carlos Rogers on if he'd take a "hometown discount" to stay in SF: "Hometown discount? I would take a team discount ... Just consider the team first. I definitely will. Like I told them, I like this from the owner to the GM to everybody that's in this organization. I like everything about this organization – all the players, the trainers. This ain't about me coming out and saying, 'Now I'm free, let's get the check.' I'm thinking about this team, and this is where I want to be.

I like it. This kind of thinking gets deals done.

gotta love a team player like that
Misleading thread title.
Why wouldn't you want to come back to a place where "team" actually means something. He is still gonna get paid! lol

CHITOWNNINERFAN
Originally posted by ImaMod:
#49ers free agent Carlos Rogers on if he'd take a "hometown discount" to stay in SF: "Hometown discount? I would take a team discount ... Just consider the team first. I definitely will. Like I told them, I like this from the owner to the GM to everybody that's in this organization. I like everything about this organization – all the players, the trainers. This ain't about me coming out and saying, 'Now I'm free, let's get the check.' I'm thinking about this team, and this is where I want to be.

He also said he would like a deal done before FA even starts. Now we have the draft stuff that Trent will be busy doing but I expect him to be sigen fast.

Love this guy!!!!
I hope he allows that discount, for real. I also hope the 49ers could find a corner to solidify the fourth CB spot; I still don't know what the deal with Shawntae Spencer is, but safe to say he may not be back.
Get it done! Sign him now
Originally posted by jreff22:

He also said he would like a deal done before FA even starts. Now we have the draft stuff that Trent will be busy doing but I expect him to be sigen fast.

Love this guy!!!!

he was on the radio a few weeks ago and recalled when he first signed here and how money had very little to do with it and he just wanted a system he could excel in. I think it's safe to say he's found that system.

I take him for more of a team guy and not so much a greedy 'me me me' type.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Spencer is long gone so try to keep rogers and then you go get a sold corner to compliment hiim. I was not pleased with the coverage on cruz in the first half but i am sure not going to let that temper the fact he did a super job this year, better than we ever got from nate or rumph or sammy davis!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Spencer is long gone so try to keep rogers and then you go get a sold corner to compliment hiim. I was not pleased with the coverage on cruz in the first half but i am sure not going to let that temper the fact he did a super job this year, better than we ever got from nate or rumph or sammy davis!

Rumph, Davis! What a pull out of history's bag :)
the first signings i think will be alex and carlos rogers

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Love this guy!!!!

he was on the radio a few weeks ago and recalled when he first signed here and how money had very little to do with it and he just wanted a system he could excel in. I think it's safe to say he's found that system.

I take him for more of a team guy and not so much a greedy 'me me me' type.

agree.....now lets hope Goldson and Brooks feel the same way. I did see a tweet about Whinter really like playing with Goldson and hopeing he stays....maybe a few of the players convince Goldson and Brooks to stay and take less money.
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
CB Carlos Rogers wants to be back, and 49ers tell him they want him back -- at the right price. He wants it done before free agency.

Cruz raped him in the first half but Rogers was really good in the 2nd, i hope he comes back

I don't see it happening. He will be seeking big money in his last contract, and the highest bidder is going to win. I don't fault the team if they do not put out the highest bid, because it is a big risk handing out big money to a guy in is 30's.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
CB Carlos Rogers wants to be back, and 49ers tell him they want him back -- at the right price. He wants it done before free agency.

Cruz raped him in the first half but Rogers was really good in the 2nd, i hope he comes back

I don't see it happening. He will be seeking big money in his last contract, and the highest bidder is going to win. I don't fault the team if they do not put out the highest bid, because it is a big risk handing out big money to a guy in is 30's.

How much you wanna bet he'll be back?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN

How much you wanna bet he'll be back?

And we need him. Where else are we gonna find a number one corner?
Well it would be good to sign him again. The core of this defense is very important for a future run. Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson are must haves IMO. Resign Carlos Rogers because he wants to be here. And Franchise Tag Dashon Goldson. Our D would be roughly the same. We want Ahmad Brooks back. Not sure if we would be able to though.
Share 49ersWebzone