There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch Also In San Francisco 49ers
#49ers free agent Carlos Rogers on if he'd take a "hometown discount" to stay in SF: "Hometown discount? I would take a team discount ... Just consider the team first. I definitely will. Like I told them, I like this from the owner to the GM to everybody that's in this organization. I like everything about this organization – all the players, the trainers. This ain't about me coming out and saying, 'Now I'm free, let's get the check.' I'm thinking about this team, and this is where I want to be.

This is all good in new regimes but this thinking eventually disapates when that same regime must cut the same player when he becomes "too old" or good value just before his downslide.

As for Rogers not covering Cruz...dude had him covered very tight in that first half but it's not easy covering a guy like Cruz without help. The key that showed how good he did cover Cruz is that Cruz barely got any YAC, which is what he is really deadly at.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
#49ers free agent Carlos Rogers on if he'd take a "hometown discount" to stay in SF: "Hometown discount? I would take a team discount ... Just consider the team first. I definitely will. Like I told them, I like this from the owner to the GM to everybody that's in this organization. I like everything about this organization – all the players, the trainers. This ain't about me coming out and saying, 'Now I'm free, let's get the check.' I'm thinking about this team, and this is where I want to be.

I like it. This kind of thinking gets deals done.

Resigning Rogers before the franchise tags are due would be HUGE.

It would guarantee that Rogers and Goldson are both back. That is massive.

I'm more optimistic than ever we'll get him done.

And as a side note: I love our front office. Being very upfront with our FAs letting them know our value on them and what we can reasonably spend before they break this offseason. That says alot.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

gotta love a team player like that
Misleading thread title.
Why wouldn't you want to come back to a place where "team" actually means something. He is still gonna get paid! lol

CHITOWNNINERFAN
Originally posted by ImaMod:

He also said he would like a deal done before FA even starts. Now we have the draft stuff that Trent will be busy doing but I expect him to be sigen fast.

Love this guy!!!!
I hope he allows that discount, for real. I also hope the 49ers could find a corner to solidify the fourth CB spot; I still don't know what the deal with Shawntae Spencer is, but safe to say he may not be back.
Get it done! Sign him now
Originally posted by jreff22:

He also said he would like a deal done before FA even starts. Now we have the draft stuff that Trent will be busy doing but I expect him to be sigen fast.

Love this guy!!!!

he was on the radio a few weeks ago and recalled when he first signed here and how money had very little to do with it and he just wanted a system he could excel in. I think it's safe to say he's found that system.

I take him for more of a team guy and not so much a greedy 'me me me' type.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Spencer is long gone so try to keep rogers and then you go get a sold corner to compliment hiim. I was not pleased with the coverage on cruz in the first half but i am sure not going to let that temper the fact he did a super job this year, better than we ever got from nate or rumph or sammy davis!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Spencer is long gone so try to keep rogers and then you go get a sold corner to compliment hiim. I was not pleased with the coverage on cruz in the first half but i am sure not going to let that temper the fact he did a super job this year, better than we ever got from nate or rumph or sammy davis!

Rumph, Davis! What a pull out of history's bag :)
the first signings i think will be alex and carlos rogers
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Love this guy!!!!

he was on the radio a few weeks ago and recalled when he first signed here and how money had very little to do with it and he just wanted a system he could excel in. I think it's safe to say he's found that system.

I take him for more of a team guy and not so much a greedy 'me me me' type.

agree.....now lets hope Goldson and Brooks feel the same way. I did see a tweet about Whinter really like playing with Goldson and hopeing he stays....maybe a few of the players convince Goldson and Brooks to stay and take less money.
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
CB Carlos Rogers wants to be back, and 49ers tell him they want him back -- at the right price. He wants it done before free agency.

Cruz raped him in the first half but Rogers was really good in the 2nd, i hope he comes back

I don't see it happening. He will be seeking big money in his last contract, and the highest bidder is going to win. I don't fault the team if they do not put out the highest bid, because it is a big risk handing out big money to a guy in is 30's.