2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
your better off signing now, 1. You can put a bunch of the money into 2011 and 2. he might give a discount now but not after season.

Can you elaborate? I was under the impression that we can only add on to his contract (2012-on)... not alter the current one... but I could be way wrong on this.

If we can alter, I'd definitely say pump a bunch of money we have left this year into 2011. I'm sure Rogers would prefer that as well.

Can't give him a new contract untill after the season. It's because he has a one year contract.
I don't know the exact rules of contract extensions, but below is a sample chris johnsons recent contract extension. If the rule says can't because you can't do it for one year contracts then oh well-but if can then...

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported the new deal will keep Johnson under contract with the Titans through 2016. Johnson will take home $13 million in 2011, a massive bump from his $800,000 base salary -- $1.065 million with previously earned incentives -- that he was scheduled to earn this season. Johnson's $30 million guaranteed will come during the first three years of the deal, and he will make $31 million during the first three years, a league source told La Canfora.

It's not that you can't offer somebody who only has a year left on their contract a new contract. Its that if give a player a new one year contract, you cannot have them sign another contract till after the league year is over. So Edwards, Alex Smith, and Rodgers we can't give new contracts to, but Gore who was in the last year of his multi-year contract got a new one.

Only guys who cant get extended are guys with minimum deals like Spillman, Grant, Gooden, Swain, Costanzo. Others like Alex, Edwards, Rogers, Dashon can get extensions mid season.
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?174301-Carlos-Rogers-Hands/page5

lmao at the comments from skins fans:

"he has two interceptions today"

"Man. What a **** "

"WTF is it with this guy? He couldn't catch a cold here! Are we cursed? Who cursed us seriously I need to know."

"It's like he's doing it out of spite."

"This pisses me off even more now! Either he magically learned how to catch within the last 9 months or he was purposely mailing it in for the last 6 years. I don't know which is worse! ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Was just talking to a buddy from DC (who also posted this on another 49er forum), who just heard Phillip Daniels (ex-Skins DE) say on sports talk radio with (LaVar Arrington) that one of the biggest reasons Rogers is playing so well is because he's now wearing contact lenses on the field.

Daniels also said that he urged Carlos and the Skins training staff to have Rogers' eyes examined, but that everybody just took it as a 'joke'. -Now Rogers gets a work-out by the 49ers, and Harbaugh (who probably picked up on this, knowing his instincts) forces Rogers to get an eye exam during the physical exam process, which of course led to Carlos getting contact lenses, resulting in more "ball-vision".
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Was just talking to a buddy from DC (who also posted this on another 49er forum), who just heard Phillip Daniels (ex-Skins DE) say on sports talk radio with (LaVar Arrington) that one of the biggest reasons Rogers is playing so well is because he's now wearing contact lenses on the field.

Daniels also said that he urged Carlos and the Skins training staff to have Rogers' eyes examined, but that everybody just took it as a 'joke'. -Now Rogers gets a work-out by the 49ers, and Harbaugh (who could probably picked up on this, knowing his instincts) forces Rogers to get an eye exam during the physical exam process, which of course led to Carlos getting contact lenses, resulting in more "ball-vision".

already posted in the division musings thread
Originally posted by YungAce:
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?174301-Carlos-Rogers-Hands/page5

lmao at the comments from skins fans:

"he has two interceptions today"

"Man. What a **** "

"WTF is it with this guy? He couldn't catch a cold here! Are we cursed? Who cursed us seriously I need to know."

"It's like he's doing it out of spite."

"This pisses me off even more now! Either he magically learned how to catch within the last 9 months or he was purposely mailing it in for the last 6 years. I don't know which is worse! ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

They serious!!!!!!!!!!

Daniels also said that he urged Carlos and the Skins training staff to have Rogers' eyes examined, but that everybody just took it as a 'joke'. -Now Rogers gets a work-out by the 49ers, and Harbaugh (who probably picked up on this, knowing his instincts) forces Rogers to get an eye exam during the physical exam process, which of course led to Carlos getting contact lenses, resulting in more "ball-vision".

He must have called Harvard Md Doctor Scott Hiver (V as in VIsion).
Originally posted by susweel:

Daniels also said that he urged Carlos and the Skins training staff to have Rogers' eyes examined, but that everybody just took it as a 'joke'. -Now Rogers gets a work-out by the 49ers, and Harbaugh (who could probably picked up on this, knowing his instincts) forces Rogers to get an eye exam during the physical exam process, which of course led to Carlos getting contact lenses, resulting in more "ball-vision".

already posted in the division musings thread

It's better to centralize it here; the "Divisional Musings" thread is a labyrinth of idiocy.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
He sucks

And thats why No one will ever respect what you have to say.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by x49ersCSEx:
He sucks

And thats why No one will ever respect what you have to say.

Well in his defense he did suck in Washington.
He was blind, but Harbaugh made him see.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Well in his defense he did suck in Washington.

Not worse than D.Hall.
He sucks

lol
Originally posted by HessianDud:
He was blind, but Harbaugh made him see.

That really could be it. Fans are saying that he's had troube seeing on the field but the ownership never bothered to listen.
He has been a terrific playmaker. His last interception gave us the possession that eventually sealed the NY game. In '81 it was a cornerback who made a tackle that sealed our first NFC championship and paved the way for the first Lombardi trophy. Hopefully, he sees that Eric Wright jersey in the locker room and is inspired to continue this trend in the playoffs.
Can't wait til this headliner says, "Niners re-sign Carlos Rogers!"
Share 49ersWebzone