LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
100% NOT interested.....

Why do people click on threads that they find uninteresting? If you aren't interested, don't click on the thread, and don't reply to it about how uninterested you are.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by Jcool:
100% NOT interested.....

Why do people click on threads that they find uninteresting? If you aren't interested, don't click on the thread, and don't reply to it about how uninterested you are.

When his thread existed he asked if anyone wanted to see what the Redskins fans said about Rodgers.... So I answered.
Let us give him a few more games before we start giving him offers he thinks may be too low based on 6 games.

Let's not put the cart before the horse. I think it's great that Carlos wants to stay and be a Niner. Shows how much the culture on this team has changed.

But I don't know if a 31-year old DB is deserving of a fat extension. A 26 or 27 year old DB -- maybe -- but Carlos is getting up there in terms of years. Plus, we got him fairly cheap this year.

I'm going to trust the braintrust on this one. Harbaugh and Baalke executed a brilliant offseason and draft. Everything they did was gold. Every button they pushed, was the right button. They are the "Non-MaGruber's" of football. Nothing blew up in their face.

Ya think maybe Baalke might be targeting a playmaker in the draft? And don't forget about Culliver either.

Baalke is hitting on his picks and his free agent pickups. This means we don't have to sign someone to big money. It means we can replace them if they leave. If that sounds heartless to you, it's Bill Walsh strategy. He executed it to perfection.
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Let us give him a few more games before we start giving him offers he thinks may be too low based on 6 games.

Let's not put the cart before the horse. I think it's great that Carlos wants to stay and be a Niner. Shows how much the culture on this team has changed.

But I don't know if a 31-year old DB is deserving of a fat extension. A 26 or 27 year old DB -- maybe -- but Carlos is getting up there in terms of years. Plus, we got him fairly cheap this year.

I'm going to trust the braintrust on this one. Harbaugh and Baalke executed a brilliant offseason and draft. Everything they did was gold. Every button they pushed, was the right button. They are the "Non-MaGruber's" of football. Nothing blew up in their face.

Ya think maybe Baalke might be targeting a playmaker in the draft? And don't forget about Culliver either.

Baalke is hitting on his picks and his free agent pickups. This means we don't have to sign someone to big money. It means we can replace them if they leave. If that sounds heartless to you, it's Bill Walsh strategy. He executed it to perfection.

he turned 30 over the summer, but i agree that any deals at this point should wait until after the season. I would love to have him back on a 3 or 4 year deal. Since he's already saying he wants to be here I have a feeling that he's not going to have ludicrous contract demands.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:

he turned 30 over the summer, but i agree that any deals at this point should wait until after the season. I would love to have him back on a 3 or 4 year deal. Since he's already saying he wants to be here I have a feeling that he's not going to have ludicrous contract demands.

your better off signing now, 1. You can put a bunch of the money into 2011 and 2. he might give a discount now but not after season.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
your better off signing now, 1. You can put a bunch of the money into 2011 and 2. he might give a discount now but not after season.

Can you elaborate? I was under the impression that we can only add on to his contract (2012-on)... not alter the current one... but I could be way wrong on this.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Can you elaborate? I was under the impression that we can only add on to his contract (2012-on)... not alter the current one... but I could be way wrong on this.

If we can alter, I'd definitely say pump a bunch of money we have left this year into 2011. I'm sure Rogers would prefer that as well.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

If we can alter, I'd definitely say pump a bunch of money we have left this year into 2011. I'm sure Rogers would prefer that as well.

Can't give him a new contract untill after the season. It's because he has a one year contract.
Thread title is now miss leading....keep thinking he signed an extension when i seen this thread !
Originally posted by susweel:
Taylor Jacobs- NFL's Best Practice Player

lol

Yeah....that was funny as hell....

Unless changed in new CBA, which I didnt see anything in the document, it is allowed. We did it a few years back(09 i think) with Staley, gave him like 18M up front in that year he signed it during season.

Unless changed in new CBA, which I didnt see anything in the document, it is allowed. We did it a few years back(09 i think) with Staley, gave him like 18M up front in that year he signed it during season.

we also altered ginns deal this year to take money from him lol
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Can't give him a new contract untill after the season. It's because he has a one year contract.
I don't know the exact rules of contract extensions, but below is a sample chris johnsons recent contract extension. If the rule says can't because you can't do it for one year contracts then oh well-but if can then...

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported the new deal will keep Johnson under contract with the Titans through 2016. Johnson will take home $13 million in 2011, a massive bump from his $800,000 base salary -- $1.065 million with previously earned incentives -- that he was scheduled to earn this season. Johnson's $30 million guaranteed will come during the first three years of the deal, and he will make $31 million during the first three years, a league source told La Canfora.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Shorteous:

I don't know the exact rules of contract extensions, but below is a sample chris johnsons recent contract extension. If the rule says can't because you can't do it for one year contracts then oh well-but if can then...

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported the new deal will keep Johnson under contract with the Titans through 2016. Johnson will take home $13 million in 2011, a massive bump from his $800,000 base salary -- $1.065 million with previously earned incentives -- that he was scheduled to earn this season. Johnson's $30 million guaranteed will come during the first three years of the deal, and he will make $31 million during the first three years, a league source told La Canfora.

It's not that you can't offer somebody who only has a year left on their contract a new contract. Its that if give a player a new one year contract, you cannot have them sign another contract till after the league year is over. So Edwards, Alex Smith, and Rodgers we can't give new contracts to, but Gore who was in the last year of his multi-year contract got a new one.
Share 49ersWebzone