There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who Have We Lost That Can't Be Replaced?

Baas- Replaceable
Goldson-Replaceable
T.K.O- Replaceable
Nate Clements-Replaceable

We really haven't lost any major pieces. People forget that this "exact" team has had a losing record the past 3 years. It's time to get rid of some lose ends, and we have done just that. Now I would classify all these players above average, but very replaceable. By replaceable I mean we should be able to find some FA's to at least plug in these wholes without spending 10 million a year. Guy's that are "football players" and can come in and contribute without hefty contracts.

I could be totally off base, but just cause we have lost a decent amount of players, doesn't mean we have lost a tremendous amount of talent. This is the NFL talent is everywhere. This is a new coaching staff. That sais it has a plan. Maybe their plan is to not go out and spend money on one phenomenal player, but get a lot of pieces to start to put this puzzle together.

Again this team has had nothing but a losing record in the past. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. It may hurt us to get rid of some of these guys in the short term but in the long term I feel it will benefit us. The more I think about this the more I think it makes sense.
They are replaceable, yet we aren't replacing them

We will probably lose Franklin and Lawson too. Franklin will be a big loss i think. So will Lawson
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Baas- Replaceable
Goldson-Replaceable
T.K.O- Replaceable

We really haven't lost any major pieces. People forget that this "exact" team has had a losing record the past 3 years. It's time to get rid of some lose ends, and we have done just that. Now I would classify all these players above average, but very replaceable. By replaceable I mean we should be able to find some FA's to at least plug in these wholes without spending 10 million a year. Guy's that are "football players" and can come in and contribute without hefty contracts.

I could be totally off base, but just cause we have lost a decent amount of players, doesn't mean we have lost a tremendous amount of talent. This is the NFL talent is everywhere. This is a new coaching staff. That sais it has a plan. Maybe their plan is to not go out and spend money on one phenomenal player, but get a lot of pieces to start to put this puzzle together.

Again this team has had nothing but a losing record in the past. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. It may hurt us to get rid of some of these guys in the short term but in the long term I feel it will benefit us. The more I think about this the more I think it makes sense.

Who is replacing Baas? Big question there.

No #1 CB with Nate gone. Big question there.
maybe Gore if we don't extend him
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
They are replaceable, yet we aren't replacing them

We will probably lose Franklin and Lawson too. Franklin will be a big loss i think. So will Lawson
Highly replaceable. Baas may be the most difficult. They are all, at this stage in their careers, average at best. It's a rebuild in all but name.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Baas- Replaceable
Goldson-Replaceable
T.K.O- Replaceable

Kruetz would be an upgrade over Baas IMO.

and Cromartie and Carlos Rodgers would be an upgrade over Nate Clements.

Hopefully we resign Franklin and bring in Malcolm Floyd. Antwan Applewhite and Lawson are a wash.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
As much as I believe it is an easier fix than CB the lack of replacement at C is a wound that is gradually getting worse. We NEED a C as soon as possible so that they can get in and train right now.

I'm not that fussed on the CBs because for all Clements was a No 1 he didn't always play like one. I think our defence will be blitz happy anyway so the fear for our secondary might be unfounded.

[ Edited by Envy on Jul 31, 2011 at 09:43:35 ]
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Baas- Replaceable
Goldson-Replaceable
T.K.O- Replaceable

Do you really think Nate is a #1 CB? And you think 2 years from now he will be? I feel that comes into play. He's getting old and he really hasn't played up to his expectations.

And hopefully a guy like Kruetz will replace Baas. Here is also a list of FA at C and G. Look some of these players are as good if not more polished than Baas. There is still a lot of talent available. Just cause we don't hear it in the media doesn't mean it's not out there.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/07/nfl-free-agents-assessing-the-guardcenter-crop/1
  • dald1
  • Veteran
i think the majority of the board doesnt realize how well nate played against the cardinals, without an aggressive corner were f***** against fitzgerald, and cromatie is soft i dont know why everyone wants him. I like that were tryn to think positive but face it, it doesn look good for us
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
maybe Gore if we don't extend him

Gore will come back. If the holdout extends into September, he can't acrue a contract year toward Free Agency, so he would actually get farther away froma new contract. There is no good reason to hold out anymore, and the new rules give all of the leverage to the teams in these situations.
Travis LaBoy!!! Why is no one talking about the indispensable Travis LaBoy???
Originally posted by English:
Highly replaceable. Baas may be the most difficult. They are all, at this stage in their careers, average at best. It's a rebuild in all but name.

I agree with this.

With losing Baas to NY and cutting Heitmann, we have NO ONE at center. All the other positions have some level of depth, but center is the position of need right now.[/b]
T.B.H i think guys like Travis Laboy are exactly what we need. Hard nosed football players. You know they may not put up the numbers, but they do their job. We have signed guys like Laboy and Spikes in the later part of FA.
T.B.H i think guys like Travis Laboy are exactly what we need. Hard nosed football players. You know they may not put up the numbers, but they do their job. We have signed guys like Laboy and Spikes in the later part of FA.

I agree, but just take out the concussion-prone part.