LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Are we seeing a horribly managed free agency? Or something bigger?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well we didn't exactly blow up the team, but we got rid of some players and ended up with some good upgrades.
Get happy everyone, FOOTBALL IS HERE!
And this year, we have a plan!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Massive amounts of crow will be eaten in NT over the next couple days...

So hyped. I'm speechless....
Ok I'll eat my crow...but can I at least get a beer with it?
These FA signings wont mean jack unless the QB situtation is fixed. Biggest problem still out there. The defense can only do so much as we have seen in the Nolan and Singletary regimes.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
These FA signings wont mean jack unless the QB situtation is fixed. Biggest problem still out there. The defense can only do so much as we have seen in the Nolan and Singletary regimes.

True. But im expecting kaep should be ready to take over no later than mid season. He will probably beat out smith in the pre season though.
Either way, I think we are headed in the right direction.
No, thankfully and yep I was wrong earlier (and admit it happily, especially as it means the Niners are much improved on the mess of a week ago) with one rejoinder, I think Baalke got very, very lucky with his "plan".

(Be honest, doesn't it seem like his plan was to re-sign our own if cheap and see which free agents were left when everyone else had spent their money on the bigger names ? Very risky but damnit he did it/got away with it/was proven right).

Still doesn't matter, if you're going to criticise for things (not) done under his watch you have to praise by the same token, so well done sir - didn't overpay to resign those Niners out of contract, replaced those who'd left with players who might be a risk (upgrades in some positions) but are on short term, smaller contracts and I like the re-signing of Goldson today. In fact it really explains the shopping around of Taylor Mays as well.

All in all I think a huge sigh of relief and a pretty good week all told.

I am only too happy to say that crow tastes pretty darn good today.
[ Edited by UKNiner on Aug 8, 2011 at 1:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone