There are 284 users in the forums

How to judge Harbaugh this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we get the #1 pick and Andrew Luck, Harbaugh accomplished his mission
I'll judge Harbaugh on creativity, predictability, preparedness of team, along with game and clock management.

We need to see all of those things improve in order to feel comfortable with Harbaugh.

With that said though, in a very weak division and the fact that the Niners have the Lions and Bucs, compared to the Seahawks and Rams who have the Bears/Falcons and Packers/Saints respectively...also with the quality of talent compared to the division...I will judge this team and Jim Harbaugh based on whether they win the division or not.

I'm not predicting they will or even should win the West, but I think as fans anything short of a division championship in the NFC West in 2011, should be seen as disappointment.
if the team plays hard, then we c an't hate on harbaugh.

right now all hate and death threats should go to baalke.
I'm sick and tired of how hard the team plays. Jim Harbaugh should be judged by this:

Show me wins muthaf**ka.

No excuses.

The players you have are the players you better win with.
The injuries you have are the injuries you better win with.
The divas you have are the divas you better win with.

[ Edited by Joecool on Jul 29, 2011 at 19:09:58 ]
If Harbaugh can somehow get this team to the playoffs, I say extend him for the next 20 years.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
if the team plays hard, then we c an't hate on harbaugh.

right now all hate and death threats should go to baalke.

Wrong, it unfair to hate or threaten Baalke. 1st off u realize death threats are aganst the law and could end u up in jail, So anyone doing so is a POS IMO.

2nd It is difficult to get players here. Come on, LaBoy not the best, Spikes not worth a 3yr deal. Goldson and Lawson overrated and not worth more than 3M a yr. Baas overrated and wasnt worth the 28M he got.

I am happy with the signings so far.

We got all 10 picks in camp on time, some good udfas, Ian Williams, Kenny Rowe and Dontavia Bogan among others like Stanford OL Derek Hall and Chase Beeler.

Akers, great signing, provides a great kicker.

Alex, while I dont agree on a 5M deal, still had to be done, and 5M really isnt bad.

Wragge, Ive always loved this guy. Plays all positions on the line. And I wouldnt be surprised to see Wragge at Center and wouldnt be mad.

McDonald, Underrated.

My concerns are DBs we need a CB like Chris Carr, Richard Marshall or Antonio Cromartie.

NT, I hope Ian Williams shows alot of talent. I also hope for Sopoaga. Would rather have Franklin but likely wont.

Safety wise, Goldson not worth the money. Loved Weddle, but too much, Ladry from BAL is gone, Manning gone. So IDK.

But I am optimistic.
Originally posted by 9erred:

In harbaugh we trust were in a 3 yr process with him for sure and I hope we do get Luck I've had enough of Alexis Smith!
Judge Brown.
He needs to be a beast at watching the film like our previous head coach.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
He gets a free pass this year from me. A four month lockout and inheriting a roster with more holes than swiss cheese. That's more adversity than any new HC can handle, let alone one coming from college.

the lack of players+attempting to install a new system = free pass for Harbaugh for the 2011 season.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
I dont think its fair to judge him this year.

Disagree. We'll be worse than last year, but still good enough to win some games. Let's see how Harbaugh manages games....anything has to be better than Singletary botching another game. I think we'll find out a lot about him. His coaching on the offensive side of the ball will be big. He still has weapons to work with.
He has a free pass from me dealing with the longest lockout in NFL history will do that and also inheriting a team that has a ton of holes that won't be easy to fix in 1 year. Wins and losses are automatically thrown out the window under those circumstances I wanna see how he manages the game and if he doesn't waste all 3 timeouts in the 1st quarter.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
With what Harbaugh has to work with this year, which accounts to not much, what do you think a good gauge is for his success this year?

I'm assuming wins and losses are out, since if you don't have good players, you can't really control that.

One thing I'm looking for NO CLOCK MANAGEMENT MISTAKES. This ran rampent with the Singletary regime, and a sign of poor coaching.

Clock management is huge. The timeouts, the delays.....god that was so embarassing.

Stupid penalties is a big one for me. I remember Mariucci's teams NEVER got those stupid, senseless false start calls. He had all kinds of maniacal ways of practicing by piping in noise and stuff in order to drill that into his lines' heads.

Then there are the fumbles.....aye yae yae.......
Originally posted by 9erred:

Share 49ersWebzone