LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

How to judge Harbaugh this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Free pass... we have no players.

Originally posted by YungAce:
We should let Harbaugh put together the team he wants. Even if it means a losing season in his first year

As f*cked up as this sounds, I agree.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
wins and loss's are the only way to judge in the NFL

Tell that to the 1980 Niners and Bill Walsh

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jul 29, 2011 at 13:27:19 ]
Can't judge him at this point. He has no players.
How to judge -

if we're playing the rams on jan 1 and the winner gets the division, he comes out in gear to play QB
How bout we use the Alex Smith curve?

LOL.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by susweel:

Normally yes but our standards here have drooped. I'm gonna judge him by how prepared the team is and if he is able to make in game adjustments.

thread/
Free pass

[ Edited by brooklyn49er on Jul 29, 2011 at 13:34:02 ]
I think we should judge him by over analyzing every single play call and nit picking any decison he makes that we dont agree with. Sounds like a plan if I've ever heard one.
By the number of false starts and delay of game calls. The bar is set pretty low, so he should be able to pass with flying colors.

If we win more than 6 games, then he did a great job.

If we make the playoffs, then

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think we should judge him by over analyzing every single play call and nit picking any decison he makes that we dont agree with. Sounds like a plan if I've ever heard one.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
With what Harbaugh has to work with this year, which accounts to not much, what do you think a good gauge is for his success this year?

I'm assuming wins and losses are out, since if you don't have good players, you can't really control that.

One thing I'm looking for NO CLOCK MANAGEMENT MISTAKES. This ran rampent with the Singletary regime, and a sign of poor coaching.

I was going to use the Olympic point system...
Honestly, I will judge him on game day and throughout the year. We may not have top notch talent but we do have plenty of talent to create mismatches. And that is where a coach earns his paycheck. I want to see if he can game-plan properly and utilize the talent we have to exploit the weaknesses of the opposition. Moreover, if things don't go accordingly, I want to see in-game adjustments, the chest-match and I want to see us NOT get outcoached for a change. I see Fangio as the "other" coach and I want to see how he is managed by Harbaugh if he doesn't have his defense prepared and struggles to adjust during the game. Finally, I want to see progress and by the end of the year, I'd like to see a system fully developed and our work cut out for us. There should be no doubt about what we'll need to be even more successful in 2012. I will judge him by how well he handles the media, manages the "men" in the uniform and whether or not he can bring out the best in each player, on and off the field. I expect him to start bringing back the class of the NFL but for the first year, I expect to start to "seeing" us head in the right dierction like what we saw with Walsh.

This is exactly how he is going to be judged.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Honestly, I will judge him on game day and throughout the year. We may not have top notch talent but we do have plenty of talent to create mismatches. And that is where a coach earns his paycheck. I want to see if he can game-plan properly and utilize the talent we have to exploit the weaknesses of the opposition. Moreover, if things don't go accordingly, I want to see in-game adjustments, the chest-match and I want to see us NOT get outcoached for a change. I see Fangio as the "other" coach and I want to see how he is managed by Harbaugh if he doesn't have his defense prepared and struggles to adjust during the game. Finally, I want to see progress and by the end of the year, I'd like to see a system fully developed and our work cut out for us. There should be no doubt about what we'll need to be even more successful in 2012. I will judge him by how well he handles the media, manages the "men" in the uniform and whether or not he can bring out the best in each player, on and off the field. I expect him to start bringing back the class of the NFL but for the first year, I expect to start to "seeing" us head in the right dierction like what we saw with Walsh.

You so demanding!

PARAGRAPHS!

Good post, though.
Share 49ersWebzone