LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 141 users in the forums

Do free agents want to play for the 49ers ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Of course the FA do not want to play for the niners. We are now the Cincinnati Bengals of the West.

GM Brown can get no quality FA unless he overpays them. The niners cannot get quality free agents unless they overpay them.

Mark my words, Asi is trying to establish his market, then he will sign for a 15% discount to be in the New York Jets team. They all want to win a SB and see no SB in sight for the niners.

My only hope is Tampa Bay turned it around with a no name roster. If this is the case, let Gore sit out the season, be agressive and have fun and see where the hcips fall.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Depends what the free agent is looking for.

A vet wants to go someplace where he can win now, especially if he hasn't been winning much during his career.

Some guys just take top dollar wherever they want to go.

Nnamdi made $16 million last year. He's already made his money.

If I were him I'd want to go to the Jets. They have made back to back championship games and you get to play man coverage all game on a dominant defense. They would be one of the Super Bowl favorites if he signs.
This.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Of course the FA do not want to play for the niners. We are now the Cincinnati Bengals of the West.

GM Brown can get no quality FA unless he overpays them. The niners cannot get quality free agents unless they overpay them.

Mark my words, Asi is trying to establish his market, then he will sign for a 15% discount to be in the New York Jets team. They all want to win a SB and see no SB in sight for the niners.

My only hope is Tampa Bay turned it around with a no name roster. If this is the case, let Gore sit out the season, be agressive and have fun and see where the hcips fall.

just don't tell david akers that's our one free agent and if he reads this man will he be bummed
no
  • dj43
Originally posted by susweel:
Been thinking about this free agency and I've come to the conclusion that most free agents dont want to play for the 49ers.

The team hasn't been relevant in the NFL for almost a decade.
And it will take a premium FA price to overcome this, even then, by the time a player has been in the league 4 or 5 years, he wants to be on a team with a future.

Quote:
Ownership is known as cheap asses around the league.
I don't agree with cheap, just don't know what they are doing. You go from Daddy York who had NO CLUE how to run an NFL franchise to a 28 YOS college kid who had never run anything...and you expect players, via their agent's advice, to respect that? No way.
Quote:
Rookie HC and rookie GM.
Yep, that will get figured in. More the coach than the GM but don't overlook the agent's advice to the player about how the GM operates.
Quote:
Worst stadium in the NFL.
A factor but a lesser one.
Quote:
Cost of living is high and state taxes are high.
This is a HUGE one if you are comparing to states like Texas with no state income tax. It automatically means the 49ers have to pay 11% more than the Texans or Cowboys just to stay even in the bidding. Now that we are in a salary cap situation, that could well have been the deal breaker in the J. Joseph sweepstakes.

All us 49ers fans that live in California have chosen, or been forced to overlook some of the negatives of living here. We are here by choice or family or job, but for players who have multiple options in other states, they will look more critically at things like the cost of living and the highest tax rate in the nation.

We may get Asomugha. I will be surprised and delighted if we do, but for a lot of the rest of the FA pool, the fact that Spikes and Baas left so quickly when given the chance tells me that they do not see this franchise as having much chance for success. Others will see that and it will influence their decision.

The only way we really can get top notch players is if we over pay.

am I wrong on this one ???
NFL network - Niners dropped out of Nnomdi race
Just heard Mike Lombardi on NFL network say that the Niners are out of the running for Asomougha (per a source in the organization). it is down to The Jets and Cowboys. Amazing how good teams get better. I think what we are watching in FA is an answer to the question being asked here on a larger scale? Are mediocre teams like the Niners at a disadvantage vs. good teams when competing for top free agents, even when offering more money and the ability to stay close to home? Yep.
Can't be worst then Cinny, Buffalo, Det, Oak, Clev, Jax and Was.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Can't be worst then Cinny, Buffalo, Det, Oak, Clev, Jax and Was.
Not worse--the same
Originally posted by DraftaQB:
NFL network - Niners dropped out of Nnomdi race

Good. We had no business in it in the first place.

For Braylon we go!
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
Just heard Mike Lombardi on NFL network say that the Niners are out of the running for Asomougha (per a source in the organization). it is down to The Jets and Cowboys. Amazing how good teams get better. I think what we are watching in FA is an answer to the question being asked here on a larger scale? Are mediocre teams like the Niners at a disadvantage vs. good teams when competing for top free agents, even when offering more money and the ability to stay close to home? Yep.

They were never in it to begin with. This was nothing but bunch of hot air by the Yorks to make us think, they are serious about winning. They haven't done sh** in free agency so far.
According to NFL Network,The Niners removed themselves from the NNamdi sweepsteaks
Originally posted by nanticoke:
According to NFL Network,The Niners removed themselves from the NNamdi sweepsteaks

darn...off by a few minutes
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:

That's because we have that "Winning" Front Office
Sorry Charlie Sheen
Share 49ersWebzone