There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do free agents want to play for the 49ers ?

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Trent Baalke on FAs: “They’re looking for situations that bring them into a winning place. And that’s what we need to establish."

Question answered: NO, they don't want to play for the 49ers.

This is what I've been trying to say for the past 48 hours. We finally hear it from the man himself. It's not that ownership is cheap. The marquee free agents do not want our money. We need to establish a winning culture by drafting well first, before we make a splash in free agency. Don't believe me? Look at the Colts, Steelers, Eagles, Patriots, Packers.
Originally posted by susweel:
Another thing I think is hurting is that most of our coaches are from college so they have no ties to nfl players. Many free agents are following coordinators they have worked with in the past.

should be an interesting comparison to see what we can fetch in a year or two
Originally posted by SofaKing:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Trent Baalke on FAs: “They’re looking for situations that bring them into a winning place. And that’s what we need to establish."

This is what I've been trying to say for the past 48 hours. We finally hear it from the man himself. It's not that ownership is cheap. The marquee free agents do not want our money. We need to establish a winning culture by drafting well first, before we make a splash in free agency. Don't believe me? Look at the Colts, Steelers, Eagles, Patriots, Packers.

A little problem with your theory. If the team is picking top 5 again. I don't see players eager to join them next year either. You can't build a winner by making your roster thinner.
Originally posted by fakers23:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

A little problem with your theory. If the team is picking top 5 again. I don't see players eager to join them next year either. You can't build a winner by making your roster thinner.

It is not a forgone conclusion that we will be picking top 5. Look, I'm disappointed with our lack of involvement in FA just like everyone else. But the "Ownership is cheap!!!" and "We are tanking the season!!!!" and "Why can't we sign any of the top free agents when they clearly have better options??!!!" garbage that's been spewed on here is getting old fast. We have replacements lined up at every position with exception to C and CB. There is still time and players left in FA who could fill these positions. Everyone needs to chill.
MBachCSN Mindi Bach
Opening the discussion on the #49ers "patient" approach to free agency over on FB: facebook.com/mbachcsn?ref=ts My take, they have no choice
Originally posted by jreff22:
MBachCSN Mindi Bach
Opening the discussion on the #49ers "patient" approach to free agency over on FB: facebook.com/mbachcsn?ref=ts My take, they have no choice

No offense,but I can't stand her. She never says one bad thing about the team. They could field a jv team and she still be kissing thier behind.
This year players don’t want to come to the Niners. No one knows Balkee and Harbaugh and what type of NFL coach he will be. Most FA especially the older players want to go to a team that has a shot at winning right now unless your Clements and you just like playing for sh*tty teams but get to be top dog on the team.

By next year those two will have history agents, players will have talked if we’re lucky progress on the stadium will be such that players will see that is getting done and shows a “commitment by ownership” (they still have not figured York out) to winning
I dont think WRs would want to play for the 9ers looking at who is under center and our coaches I dont think any player in the FA have connections or strong bonds? I could be wrong. But players gravitate to places/people they know, or an organization that could deliver the ring in a 2 to 3 year window. Sadly even there the 9ers are out of the circle.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
So are we really going center-less in FA? I mean, I love Snyder as a scrapper back up type but I've seen him starting and it's not pretty. You don't even get to see the offense do anything cuz it's just blitz up the middle all day long and we hand the ball to Frank anyways cuz we have nobody else to go to.

So...lots of 3 and out again? Somebody correct me here.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Unless we win the division and go to one playoff game like the Hawks, i said in another thread that we'd be in the same boat next year as this year. WE cant say oh losing season 7, then wait build through the draft again with more rookies at key spots.

My wife said to me yesterday, why dont u just pick another team, and she doesnt even like football. No one think its bad when reporters on ESPN, NFL network, Beat writers, and bloggers alike are all talking about how bad we are right now. Who would want to come here, know what i mean.

As i said playoff bound or we'll be having these same discussions next year.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

It is not a forgone conclusion that we will be picking top 5. Look, I'm disappointed with our lack of involvement in FA just like everyone else. But the "Ownership is cheap!!!" and "We are tanking the season!!!!" and "Why can't we sign any of the top free agents when they clearly have better options??!!!" garbage that's been spewed on here is getting old fast. We have replacements lined up at every position with exception to C and CB. There is still time and players left in FA who could fill these positions. Everyone needs to chill.

The issue is that now the FA process is in the next tier below the premium guys and Niners still are not doing anything. A casual fan would be upset when they see our supposed #1 WR and #1 RB not around, no center, no real CBs and no action by the front office. Cmon now, no one really thought Niners would grab the top FAs, but at least be in the mix for what you need posiition wise to field a team !
Obviously not
Nothing has stopped an ancient kicker and a bunch of practice squad scrubs from signing with the 49ers.
Originally posted by jogr49:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

The issue is that now the FA process is in the next tier below the premium guys and Niners still are not doing anything. A casual fan would be upset when they see our supposed #1 WR and #1 RB not around, no center, no real CBs and no action by the front office. Cmon now, no one really thought Niners would grab the top FAs, but at least be in the mix for what you need posiition wise to field a team !

Thank you! That what everyone is saying.
Originally posted by jogr49:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

One thing this philosophy ignores is--Arizona finished worse than we did with NO QB and they got FAs---and good ones. this is all a big excuse for the absolute incompetence by the Yorks for not putting in the infrastructure necessary to do the job and personally with Trent Baalke who cannot sell heating to the Eskimos. We should be going after what we can get now or we are looking at years and years of losing. Baalke has tainted the Niners in my view.