LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 210 users in the forums

2011-2012 49ers Off Season Signings (FA's and/or Trades)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Come on, guys. He's the 2011 incarnation of Nate Davis. Singlehandedly, he will save the Niners!

How is he like Nate Davis? Because hes a black QB? Thats about all they have in common.
8th round
Have you read the thread? It's pretty lame.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Can we please hate on him for past actions irrelevant to the game of football??? He individually ranked 7th in total offense in the SEC with over 200yds of offense per game last year, but he stole a laptop so who cares.

Wait... he stole a laptop, too?

I'm so lost....

2 laptops and a guitar

Wow, that's all he did? Man, I've done worse s**t than that.

I lit a dude on fire once!

Let's forget the past and give the kid a chance. I don't understand all the animosity towards players with a criminal history. They aren't all destined to become habitual offenders. Sometimes kids do dumb s**t. So what?

Look at Alex Boone! Dude was a fat alcoholic and went undrafted because of it. Now he's looking to compete as our back-up swing tackle.

I'm more interested in what he can do on the field... and I still think he looks like a running back.

I hope he can make his mark as a return man, it seems like we have several guys who can return punts but not many kickoff returners.

Did he return kicks in college? As a QB?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

and no he didn't steal laptops and guitars, it was really drugs and s**t.

They just said laptops and s**t to make it sound better. I talked to the people in the frat.

lol ok man whatever you say

lol I mean I talked to the people at the frat where Massoli actually stole the stuff, like they're really going to go tell the Police that he stole drugs from us and like Massoli is going to admit he did.

So yeah, whatever I say
Can we please hate on him for past actions irrelevant to the game of football??? He individually ranked 7th in total offense in the SEC with over 200yds of offense per game last year, but he stole a laptop so who cares.

Wait... he stole a laptop, too?

I'm so lost....

2 laptops and a guitar

Wow, that's all he did? Man, I've done worse s**t than that.

I lit a dude on fire once!

Let's forget the past and give the kid a chance. I don't understand all the animosity towards players with a criminal history. They aren't all destined to become habitual offenders. Sometimes kids do dumb s**t. So what?

Look at Alex Boone! Dude was a fat alcoholic and went undrafted because of it. Now he's looking to compete as our back-up swing tackle.

I'm more interested in what he can do on the field... and I still think he looks like a running back.

I hope he can make his mark as a return man, it seems like we have several guys who can return punts but not many kickoff returners.

Did he return kicks in college? As a QB?

I don't think he did but he is a sturdy guy with real speed and moves. I think he can do it.
Hometown guy like Jason Hill, Derek Loville, and O.J. Simpson
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Come on, guys. He's the 2011 incarnation of Nate Davis. Singlehandedly, he will save the Niners!

How is he like Nate Davis? Because hes a black QB? Thats about all they have in common.

I didn't know either were black....

They just said laptops and s**t to make it sound better. I talked to the people in the frat.

lol I mean I talked to the people at the frat where Massoli actually stole the stuff, like they're really going to go tell the Police that he stole drugs from us and like Massoli is going to admit he did.

So yeah, whatever I say

Forgive me but I have a hard time believing people who claim they have inside info that disputes an actual police report.

So yeah, whatever I say

Forgive me but I have a hard time believing people who claim they have inside info that disputes an actual police report.

That's cool. I'm not trying to persuade you, I'm just telling you what the actual victims showed me so yeah.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

I don't think he did but he is a sturdy guy with real speed and moves. I think he can do it.

Huh... I prefer somebody with experience, but if he's got natural talent, you can't argue with it.

It'll be interesting to find out what the plan is for him.

I mean... we're converting a prolific DE to FB, so who knows....

Huh... I prefer somebody with experience, but if he's got natural talent, you can't argue with it.

It'll be interesting to find out what the plan is for him.

I mean... we're converting a prolific DE to FB, so who knows....

Hes got experience running the ball, I don't think learning to return kicks should be that difficult of a transition.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

So yeah, whatever I say

That's cool. I'm not trying to persuade you, I'm just telling you what the actual victims showed me so yeah.

I believe you.

I believe he's Samoan, not black. FWIW.

No, the 'zoners who have denigrating pet names for Alex, Kaep, and Carr will latch on to this kid's arm, speed, or something else, and declare him the next HOF QB for the Niners. When he'll be lucky to make the PS, much less the team. If he sticks, this will go on for a year or so whenever the QBs the Niners play:

• Lose a game;
  • Throw an incomplete pass;
  • Throw a completion to the wrong receiver;
  • Have to take a leak in the morning.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
8th round
Share 49ersWebzone