LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

2011-2012 49ers Off Season Signings (FA's and/or Trades)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's a 'try, then buy' FA deal. Instead of multi year with guaranteed money upfront, you give them a year's worth of money to see if they are worth the money. Lessen the chance of getting a free agent lardass out for the big payday like Haynesworth.

Smart
[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Aug 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM ]
Until we get the QB situation resolved...it is a smart move...Most experts say it take three years for a QB to learn the west coast...no point in signing big contracts until we have a QB to lead the team....
[ Edited by Hitman49 on Aug 8, 2011 at 1:11 PM ]
damn I guess everything paid off in the end. We got Goldson for 2 million bucks lol
Aldon Smith over Lawson
Rogers over Clements
Goldson for 2 million bucks
Soap to NT
Braylon Edwards for 3 million bucks
Goodwin over baas
Whitner at SS position
I like all those moves

I don't like Grant/Bowman over Spikes
I'm not to sure about Macdonald at LE
I'm not sure about our rg position with Rachal

Decent off season I'd say. We got a good bargain on a couple of deals. Hopefully it turns out ok.
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
I would still like to see some more D line depth before the season starts.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by b9er37:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by pd24:
Rogers Island! What!!!!!!!!

No way! Mr. Rodgers neighborhood

We called it! lol..
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Upgrade from T. Brown, downgrade from Clements. He was about the 9th best CB available this season, and a nice pickup for a decent price. But, he's not even close to the top level free agents.

The first sign of any form of life by the front office (I'm glad they came back from their hunting and fishing trip), but the team has a ton of needs still to fill and the quality of players to be picked up is pretty mediocre at this point.

It appears the team has their pick between Goodwin and Kreutz, who is deciding not to retire. Either would be an upgrade with Snyder shifting to RG.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 3, 2011 at 05:54:58 ]

This dude has been wrong alot this season.
Share 49ersWebzone