LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 254 users in the forums

2011-2012 49ers Off Season Signings (FA's and/or Trades)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
This is stupid, every signing deserves its own thread.

Agreed.

Yep, how the hell am I supposed to look through 104 pages to see who the f**k we signed?

Come on mods the people have spoken.

Co-sign.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Agreed.

Yep, how the hell am I supposed to look through 104 pages to see who the f**k we signed?

SPOKEN! Do it
Originally posted by stever:
Did you guys see the numbers ? 10.9 M with 4 millions guaranteed. Great contract. Baas got 25 millions for 5 years in the crazy opening of free agency. Well worth the wait :)

I am LOVING the way our O-line looks right now.

Staley is somewhat inconsistent and his play has actually regressed the past few seasons, in my opinion. He is still a decent player and can be very good at times.

Iupati was a stud as a rookie, and I expect his play to improve under our new OL coach and also playing next to Goodwin will help him too. I expect him to be a pro-bowler if our offense as a whole plays well.

Goodwin is just the veteran player we needed. His signing is HUGE, because not only does it add a pro-bowl center to our roster, but it allows Snyder to move to RG, so that scrub Chilo can ride the bench from now on.

Snyder, as we all know, is best suited to play guard, and he is actually a pretty good one at times. His play will also maximize Anthony Davis's play.

Davis started out like s**t last year, but slowly improved and Snyder and Goodwin could really help him out too.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Agreed.

Co-sign.

SRSLY!
looks like we are running to the left.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Sweet. Easily our most important signing of the off-season.

For all the talk of WRs, safeties, etc.., all I could think about since Baas left was how desperately we needed a quality C so that Snyder doesn't have to learn a new job and hopefully Chilo gets benched.

This is a huge get for us and prevents our Oline from taking a gigantic step backwards this year.

Check on the first. Hopefully a check on the second.

[ Edited by MrOrange on Aug 3, 2011 at 14:59:06 ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Davis started out like s**t last year, but slowly improved and Snyder and Goodwin could really help him out too.

Yeah, davis also only turned 21 at the beginning of last sesaon(vs iupati at age 24), so his abilities are rawer and need a little more refinement. I think you're right that snyder and goodwin will really help him, our only real veteran was on the other side of the line(staley) so his closest partners(especially rachal) were very inexperienced at left him out to dry often.

Hopefully snyder will help davis against guys like chris long...dude really f**ked us up last year.
Originally posted by MrOrange:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Sweet. Easily our most important signing of the off-season.

For all the talk of WRs, safeties, etc.., all I could think about since Baas left was how desperately we needed a quality C so that Snyder doesn't have to learn a new job and hopefully Chilo gets benched.

This is a huge get for us and prevents our Oline from taking a gigantic step backwards this year.

Check on the first. Hopefully a check on the second.

Agree
Doesn't Drew Rosenhaus not only represent Goldson and Gore, but also Braylon Edwards? -That'd be cool if we could have this s**t all done by late noon possibly.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Doesn't Drew Rosenhaus not only represent Goldson and Gore, but also Braylon Edwards? -That'd be cool if we could have this s**t all done by late noon possibly.

Where do you get that Drew Rosenhaus is Edwards's agent? I can't find that anywhere.

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Where do you get that Drew Rosenhaus is Edwards's agent? I can't find that anywhere.

Braylon Edwards, current unrestricted free agent and Michigan alum, has found himself in yet another off the field situation. Being the one of the top free agents still available, and clearly the top free agent wide receiver available, this probably won't help him get the money that both him and Drew Rosenhaus want.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Braylon Edwards, current unrestricted free agent and Michigan alum, has found himself in yet another off the field situation. Being the one of the top free agents still available, and clearly the top free agent wide receiver available, this probably won't help him get the money that both him and Drew Rosenhaus want.

Done deal !
Quote:
Hastings said he's treating every day in 49ers camp like it might be his last. He's thrilled to have the opportunity, but not overwhelmed to be where he is.

"I'm here to make the 49ers,'' he said. "I'm sitting here right now watching Michael Crabtree ride the stationary bike. I see Vernon Davis. I'm looking around and seeing all these guys I've watched play. And I'm knocking on wood. We'll see. I'm taking it one day at a time.''

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/08/04/1960469/hastings-continues-to-conquer.html#ixzz1U4lc3F8t
Originally posted by valrod33:

Looks like Ben Dogra is the agent...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/768182-ranking-the-10-most-powerful-player-agents-in-the-nfl-today/page/10
Got a feeling FA is gonna f**king explode within the next 10 hours. Teams gonna be cutting some major fat/making cap sacrifices before 9PM Pacific.

Baalke's genius plan is about to unfold.
Share 49ersWebzone