There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Am I the only one under-whelmed with our Recievers??

I know it won't happen but I really wish we would sign Moss
Morgan has always given decent production considering all the circumstances and excuses people use for Alex.

Dif Coordinator every year
Defensive minded Head coach who want's to run the ball

Everyone is mad at Morgan when it comes to discussing receivers on our team yet the biggest disappointment is Crabtree. Yeah the same guy who held out for more money for half a season. Morgan was a 6th round pick and was never to be more than a #2.

We could use better talent on the outside but who will throw them the rock anyway. As long as Alex is our QB it's moot point.
I dont understand the pro Morgan camp. I think most of us would agree that Morgan is "servicecable" at best as a numbe two. But is that really what you want at the number two spot, servicable? He's a great blocker with the speed of a possesion reciever (That doesn't have great hands.). Crabtree's similar, but a much better version. What we need is someone that complements Crabtree. Currently, that complement isn't on our roster or has yet to reveal himself. I'm sick of the slow, big body recievers of the McNolan era.......
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 24, 2011 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont understand the pro Morgan camp. I think most of us would agree that Morgan is "servicecable" at best as a numbe two. But is that really what you want at the number two spot, servicable? He's a great blocker with the speed of a possesion reciever (That doesn't have great hands.). Crabtree's similar, but a much better version. What we need is someone that complements Crabtree. Currently, that complement isn't on our roster or has yet to reveal himself. I'm sick of the slow, big body recievers of the McNolan era.......

I agree that Crabtree and Morgan share similar characteristics, but so did the GOAT and Taylor. Big bodied, strong blocking receivers w/ build up speed, rather than sudden explosiveness. I think Morgan will be fine in an offense that gets him the ball in stride with some room to run (see: WCO)
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I agree that Crabtree and Morgan share similar characteristics, but so did the GOAT and Taylor. Big bodied, strong blocking receivers w/ build up speed, rather than sudden explosiveness. I think Morgan will be fine in an offense that gets him the ball in stride with some room to run (see: WCO)

BINGO!
Originally posted by Wodwo:

BINGO!

Couldn't have said it better myself. My point is that Morgan catches heat more the Crabs. Our first rounder. Morgan could be cut and wouldn't matter considering where he was drafted and how much he has been paid. On the other hand if our other WR doesn't pan out, well then ..
yes
Does anybody else feel that Morgan is actually on the somewhat slow side?
Originally posted by classyfan49:
Does anybody else feel that Morgan is actually on the somewhat slow side?

Not slow, just average.
Morgan has good long strides... still not really fast. He lacks fluidity... runs like he is 4 inches taller... kinda lanky movements. He doesn't track the deep ball all that well. He's a decent receiver, but he seems to drop or lose sight of a couple clutch plays per game. It's irritating, but more so because the rest of the receivers take turns doing the same thing. Just like the OL... it's as if everyone goes into the huddle and says, "okay. whose turn is it to fu*k up this next play?"
In our O Vern is the # 1 Period point blank With Crabs being the #2. Any star type WR will either take balls from Vern or Crabs. With a Good QB they both could be 100 yd receivers with both of them being very close to 100+ catches Morgan is that serviceable # 3 WR i.e Possession.
It's going to be interesting, cause last season 80% of our wide-receivers were stuck doing blocking duties off the center's right ass-cheek.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's going to be interesting, cause last season 80% of our wide-receivers were stuck doing blocking duties off the center's right ass-cheek.

It could be interesting in Free agency. I believe McBaalke is bluffing about being quiet in Free Agency.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
In our O Vern is the # 1 Period point blank With Crabs being the #2. Any star type WR will either take balls from Vern or Crabs. With a Good QB they both could be 100 yd receivers with both of them being very close to 100+ catches Morgan is that serviceable # 3 WR i.e Possession.

If you look at Morgans numbers, he is an above average #2 receiver.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

BINGO!

Here we go again with the "if the world was perfect for X player" argument. You can say the same thing for just about any NFL quality reciever. Imagine him in the WCO. He doesn't have great hands and isn't that fast. I can't invision this guy ever taking a slant over the middle to the house. Because of his size, he does have YAC ability, but that's probably only good for a few yards, IF he catches the ball. Like I said, he'll be ok if the stars aline, but so what? I like Morgan, but hes a number three. He gets completely taken out of games. Dam the stats, I watch enough games to see he is average.