There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Am I the only one under-whelmed with our Recievers??

Seriously though, we need to get some receivers that can actually get some yardage after catching it (I see Franky doing more of that than most of our "better" WRs)... I'm tired of the same ol' catch and flop, .
and ziegler is iron man
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
No, youre not the only one.

This.

Should be a much better year to assess what we do have at WR. Morgan really pissed me off at times last season. Those lanky legs lacked fluidity and coordination at times... his efforts (or ability to track the ball) lacked on some deeper passes. I wanted to beat the sh*t out of Crabtree for all of his early season blundering. At times, that bunch made me wish for a return of the Arnaz Battle days.

Love Morgan's work ethic though, so I hope he can develop into a better #2. Crabtree has the talent, if he can get his head outta his arse. The rest are either unproven potentials or have only shown a flash here and there. The coaching and run, run, mindset didn't help anyone....

I still want Lance Moore if the Saints are too stupid to offer him an appropriate contract. He has the deep separation, hands, and sharp route-running that would make him our best WR for the time being.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Josh Morgan is fast

can he catch though

Not when balls come down like punts.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Josh Morgan is fast

can he catch though

He was traded to Detroit?
I don't like how Morgan uses his body to catch the football. He needs to extend his arms and catch it at its highest point. That's one thing Crabtree has over him, he has the ability to snatch the ball out the air.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Josh Morgan is fast

can he catch though

He was traded to Detroit?

You should catch it if it touches your hands.
I'm with the original post. It's not that the guys on our roster suck, its just that after Crabtree I think our recievers are average at best. I know the QB has a lot to do with it, but there seemed to be stretches last year where Crabtree and Morgan completly disappeared. We need one more WR to complement MC and make Morgan a number 3.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Josh Morgan is fast

He is?? I mean his production has been decent for where we drafted him at...

He doesn't have explosive, Desean Jackson speed. He has build up speed, similar to TO (without the crazy monkies flying around in his brain). He won't gain instant separation on a cut, put he can run by someone he catches flat-footed, and he can run after the catch if he is hit in stride.
Even if those guys get open down field, the 49ers haven't had a guy that can deliver (consistantly) catchable balls over the secondary. No receiver looks good with a crappy quarterback.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
I don't like how Morgan uses his body to catch the football. He needs to extend his arms and catch it at its highest point. That's one thing Crabtree has over him, he has the ability to snatch the ball out the air.

That's a pet peeve of mine, too. You can't be a legitamate redzone threat if you can't high point the ball or catch away from your body in traffic.
I think we should get someone that can get them the ball first.......then determine if they're garbage.....
VD is too skinny
lets see how they perform with an offense that actually features the forward pass