There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No doubt in my mind Niners will be SB contenders for 2012 season

Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
lets make da playoffs for the first time in 8 years b4 talking super bowl.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I say we should make the playoffs for the 1st time in 8 years before talking Super Bowl
Originally posted by Okie5a:
A couple more points:

Ever thought he might have been part of the reason why they had so many OC's? Just saying.” Kind of like why Urban Meyer went from Utah to Florida . . . . Florida has a national championship because of Alex Smith . . . just saying.

“. . . the issue is Alex was selected 1st overall when he should have been selected far later. With that said, he would not be on this team if he was picked #2. Only reason he's here is because the Yorks have invested a LOT of money in him and wanted to still give him a shot.” If Alex were selected in the 2nd round, he would still be on this team because of his talent and potential – it would be much easier to keep him under contract because they would have had less money invested in him.

It is a results based league, but thank goodness there are people with reason out there who have patience and will cultivate talent - Thanks to Bill Walsh for throwing a life preserver to Steve Young. In a ‘cut throat’ league he may have never made it with another team, but he was given another chance . . . just saying.

I can tell you one thing. Bill Walsh would not be naming Steve Young his starter in year 7 of mediocrity.

Even Bill Walsh failed sometimes. No one's perfect.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I say we should make the playoffs for the 1st time in 8 years before talking Super Bowl

So do the 10 posters ahead of you.
Originally posted by andes14:
...However, the big enigma is how they will do this year. Unfortunately, there is a chance of stumbling and bumbling as most teams with new head coaches are likely to do due to the nonexistant offseason. But there also could be a very intriguing outlook I could see unfolding. A. Smith will finally have competent offensive coaching while older than the age of 22. Harbaugh will know how to create mismatches, be unpredictable, and keep defenses on their toes. Crabtree could easily blossom into a 1200 yard receiver. Morgan I can see getting 700 yards with the rest of the WR corps good for maybe 600. Davis should be penciled in for a 1000 yard season. Walker and Gore could easily combine for 800+...That's over 4000 yards and obviously all this is dependent on Smith flourishing with Harbaugh coaching him and implementing his system. All this combined with a top 3-5 back like Gore and a rock solid defense that, if we keep Franklin/Spikes/Goldson, should be as good if not better, I think 11-5 is attainable which should easily win the NFC West. Let's hope this lockout doesn't hurt the chances of everyone playing up to their ability. Either way though, in 2012, regardless of who's at QB (either Smith, which would mean he balled in 2011 and should only be better, or Kaepernick, who will have had a year to adapt to the pro game and should be good to go), we should compete for the Lombardi. Also, by then Aldon Smith will be a beast and double digit sackmaster extraordinaire.

Plus, I really only see 4 tough games- @Eagles, Giants, @Ravens, and Steelers

Drugs, youth and madden = this thread
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Originally posted by andes14:
...However, the big enigma is how they will do this year. Unfortunately, there is a chance of stumbling and bumbling as most teams with new head coaches are likely to do due to the nonexistant offseason. But there also could be a very intriguing outlook I could see unfolding. A. Smith will finally have competent offensive coaching while older than the age of 22. Harbaugh will know how to create mismatches, be unpredictable, and keep defenses on their toes. Crabtree could easily blossom into a 1200 yard receiver. Morgan I can see getting 700 yards with the rest of the WR corps good for maybe 600. Davis should be penciled in for a 1000 yard season. Walker and Gore could easily combine for 800+...That's over 4000 yards and obviously all this is dependent on Smith flourishing with Harbaugh coaching him and implementing his system. All this combined with a top 3-5 back like Gore and a rock solid defense that, if we keep Franklin/Spikes/Goldson, should be as good if not better, I think 11-5 is attainable which should easily win the NFC West. Let's hope this lockout doesn't hurt the chances of everyone playing up to their ability. Either way though, in 2012, regardless of who's at QB (either Smith, which would mean he balled in 2011 and should only be better, or Kaepernick, who will have had a year to adapt to the pro game and should be good to go), we should compete for the Lombardi. Also, by then Aldon Smith will be a beast and double digit sackmaster extraordinaire.

Plus, I really only see 4 tough games- @Eagles, Giants, @Ravens, and Steelers

Drugs, youth and madden = this thread

i think its possible for alex to get the 4000 yards

he only needs 35 more yards a game than last season and with singeltary and his run run run offense gone and harbaugh with the fact that he can acually gameplan to our teams strength i would say thats more than possible

as for the defense it is impossible to tell with our new scheme and withour FA signings (improve secondary?)
Just 5 QB's threw for 4,000 yards last year.

I really don't see Alex breaking that mark...that's not even a knock on him, 4000 yards is a lot of frigging yards.

3400 is more realistic.
Originally posted by JayBee:
Just 5 QB's threw for 4,000 yards last year.

I really don't see Alex breaking that mark...that's not even a knock on him, 4000 yards is a lot of frigging yards.

3400 is more realistic.

Id be happy with any yards as long as his TD to INT ratio is 2:1 or better
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Not necessarily necessary. Each of the last 3 years, a team that won its conference missed the playoffs the prior year. I could easily see us missing the playoffs next year and making the SB the year after. Though the fact that the Rams, Seahawks, and Cards are all trash make the possibility of an '11 trip far more likely.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
hopefully we win it all, seeing as how the world ends on dec. 20, 2012

Thought it was the 21st?

Altough I've also heard the 23rd.

oh maybe they changed it lol
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by Okie5a:
A couple more points:

Ever thought he might have been part of the reason why they had so many OC's? Just saying.” Kind of like why Urban Meyer went from Utah to Florida . . . . Florida has a national championship because of Alex Smith . . . just saying.

“. . . the issue is Alex was selected 1st overall when he should have been selected far later. With that said, he would not be on this team if he was picked #2. Only reason he's here is because the Yorks have invested a LOT of money in him and wanted to still give him a shot.” If Alex were selected in the 2nd round, he would still be on this team because of his talent and potential – it would be much easier to keep him under contract because they would have had less money invested in him.

It is a results based league, but thank goodness there are people with reason out there who have patience and will cultivate talent - Thanks to Bill Walsh for throwing a life preserver to Steve Young. In a ‘cut throat’ league he may have never made it with another team, but he was given another chance . . . just saying.

I can tell you one thing. Bill Walsh would not be naming Steve Young his starter in year 7 of mediocrity.

Even Bill Walsh failed sometimes. No one's perfect.

It bugs that crap out of me that you can say that Alex Smith has had 7 years to prove himself. three years of injury - of the four other years, first year respectable as a rookie, second year made progress under Turner - two remaining years he definatly needs to do better- under Harbargh he has a shot.