LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

MOst hated Defensive player, since mark roman left?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who draws your ire now that Mark Roman no longer gives games away?
Not necessarily my personal opinion because I get more annoyed by Dashon Goldson, but I would say Nate Clements has really become the guy who has been most hated by fans.
Alex Smith.
Can't say I hate any defensive player, but I am least pleased to see Haralson on the field. He has not impressed me as a rush LB, and he has been dreadful in coverage or on screen plays. If he's on the field, I am irritated, as that just can't be a team fielding their best 11 players.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

No one could draw my ire quite like Mark Roman.

Big nickel FTW!
I guess I shouldnt have said "hated" but the player that causes the most stress maybe?

I'm still thinking of who I'd like to use, I want to say Nate Clements but Parys Haralson is pretty close.

Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

No one could draw my ire quite like Mark Roman.

Big nickel FTW!

lol.. big nickel might work with the speed we have on our team now.....

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jun 24, 2011 at 15:20:40 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
nate clements likely due to his huge contract

really, i think clements is awesome...does he deserve the $ he got? no..but hes solid as a rock over at CB

doesnt make every play..but nobody does all the time w/ the level of WR play lately
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Can't say I hate any defensive player, but I am least pleased to see Haralson on the field. He has not impressed me as a rush LB, and he has been dreadful in coverage or on screen plays. If he's on the field, I am irritated, as that just can't be a team fielding their best 11 players.

He's even worse at setting the edge

True... add that in to the reasons that he is the choice here.

I still have that TITANS game burned in my memory forever we were maybe two stops away from getting the ball back and possibly winning...

On the same drive haralson let chris johnson get outside, and let Vince young get out on a scramble... and it wasn't their speed, he just took a horrible angle.

Haralson. Useless against the run and in coverage. Most of his sacks came from Lawson driving the QB right at him. Few times he missed too. Hopefully Aldon Smith can have more of a impact playing behind J.Smith than Haralson.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Alex Smith.

Some how, some way, some joker will turn any and all threads about any topic into an Alex Smith thread.

Let me guess, he is Defensive Player because he got "defensive" when he was yelling at Sing on the sidelines
def parys he should not be a starter....at least clements can cover most any bigger wr like fitz and others...and we are not paying his contract money. He is an above average 1st cb and a great #2 cb. Brooks should be the starter
Originally posted by elguapo:
def parys he should not be a starter....at least clements can cover most any bigger wr like fitz and others...and we are not paying his contract money. He is an above average 1st cb and a great #2 cb. Brooks should be the starter

If Clements is willing to restructure, I'm all for keeping him around

If not, guys like Rogers, Nmandi, who we know WILL be FAs are our best bet

Beyond Spencer, we have Terrell Brown and Culliver and Adams. All unproven.
  • Veteran
No one that i can think of. Plus, we only draft nice chartered mid level players.
Share 49ersWebzone