There are 240 users in the forums

How Do Younger Niner Fans Become Niner Faithful???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Best team on tecmo super bowl 3
Originally posted by laughsatyou:
Best team on tecmo super bowl 3

"laughsatyou"

how perfectly ironic
Im 31 years old from Mazatlan, Mexico, My first 49ers game I ever watch was the superbowl against Cincinati in 89 (what a first game right?) since then i got hook up with the niners.

I watch all the games I could. My heros were Montana, Rice, Lott, etc. Then the 94 season came, Montana was with the chiefs, Young was the leader, I wacth all the games that season, especially the niners-chiefs, when the niners lost their first game of the season. I was chush for Steve Young. The rest is history.

I havent missed a game since then, I consider Myself a big time 49ers faithfull fan. I have bought my first San Francisco vacation this year and I willo go to my first 49ers home game against the Cowboys, man I hate the cowboys.

We the faithful have waited a long time, so many QBs, so many coaches, so many divas. But I can tell you, there a nothcing else like the 49ers winning in sunday.

I hope this season ends with Playoffs, high on the playoffs.
Well from Hawaii, we have alot of fan base......but I remember as a kid in the 80's the first teams I saw play was the Dallas Cowb***hes and the San Fransisco 49ers, and the 49ers lost a good close game, but they fought all the way, and thats what drew me to them......ever since then its been red and gold......LOYAL 49ER FAITHFULL since the day I was born, 87'. Win, Lose or draw......this will always be my team.
I've been a 9er fan since age 9. I live in Wisconsin and have to put up with all the Packer propaganda they throw around here.

My son is 4 and among his first words were "Packers Suck!" It leads to a lot of fun conversations at stores He is a HUGE 9er fan and doesn't back down to anyone. When he starts school it will be interesting here

I love experiencing this rebuilding of a respectable team with him!
Fan since a child, i was totally enamored with the team..then one of my family members told me those guys in the Red shirts were the good guys..... that was all i needed to hear!!!

GO NINERS!!!
Originally posted by gavsdad:
I've been a 9er fan since age 9. I live in Wisconsin and have to put up with all the Packer propaganda they throw around here.

My son is 4 and among his first words were "Packers Suck!" It leads to a lot of fun conversations at stores He is a HUGE 9er fan and doesn't back down to anyone. When he starts school it will be interesting here

I love experiencing this rebuilding of a respectable team with him!

THAT is great dude... holding your ground in the enemy's back yard!
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Fan since a child, i was totally enamored with the team..then one of my family members told me those guys in the Red shirts were the good guys..... that was all i needed to hear!!!

GO NINERS!!!

were you watching Colors?
Originally posted by NinerPain2010:
I am forty years old, I was watching the 81, 84, 88, 89 seasons on NFL Network and it made me wonder how fans in their teens or even twenties have become loyal fans.

my first (full) game that I watched was the 81 championship, since 11 years old I have never missed a game since. The 80s was a hell of a show, and was easy to grow to love this franchise. If i started watching this team after 1994, it wouldn't be so easy.

I am just curious to how the younger age demographics of those on this board is drawn to the Niners.

Is it the history (80s)?
Is it the team of the 90s?
Your family?
The Future?

Most of it has to do with proximity and the people around you. If you're growing up in the Bay and your family is full of Niner fans, there's a good chance you're going to be a Niner fan. It's the same thing that attracts fans of any team in any sport. In the Bay, the teams you see EVERY weekend are the 49ers and raiders because they're local so they're obviously gonna get the most exposure. The more they're seen, the more people will follow.

What I never understood was how people from across the country with no ties to the area became Niner fans. I know the truth of the matter is most of them became fans because of the championships, but none will admit it (notice I said MOST, not all). It's the same reason there are Steelers fans in Northern California with no ties to Pittsburgh whatsoever and Dallas fans around here as well.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 23, 2011 at 18:28:41 ]
That is a tough call. The Niners have the fourth longest playoff appearance drought in the NFL. They haven't had a winning season for eight straight years. Unless the kids grew up in the area or have a big family influence as Niner fans, I don't have an easy answer for that question.

well i was born in 88 and when i was young i didnt know much about football but when i was getting in to it i almost became a raider fan cause of my dad but then my cousin showed me the light and i found out my entire family were niner fans so i became a niner fan and went to my first full game in 1996 and we beat the rams 27 to 7 it was awesome now i got to atleast 2 games a year go niners
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Trajik1.
My little brother has been a fan '04 and has yet to witness a winning season and he's still a die-hard fan! I think it has a lot to do with our Sunday traditions of watching all the games, BBQ's, playing catch and yelling at the TV! He's never mentioned giving up on the team and he wears his jerseys every Monday to school win or lose!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by asyouwere:
by never showing them niner games with alex smith in it!

You and I will be friends.
Originally posted by susweel:

Why you wanna befriend a troll?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by susweel:

Why you wanna befriend a troll?

To me all members are equal.
Share 49ersWebzone