There are 262 users in the forums

Harbaugh: I'm planning on a deal in early July

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaugh said he expects the NFL's labor situation to be permanently settled in time for all exhibition and regular-season games to be played.

"I choose to be optimistic," he said. "And I really think early July there's a chance a deal is done. That's kind of what I'm planning for.

"If they can get a deal done in July, right now we're scheduled to go to training camp on July 28. So if we go to training camp on the 28th, we'll get the whole exhibition season in."

Read more: Harbaugh expects July settlement, no games missed
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

CSNBA
Another outstanding, informative post on the Webzone. Great work, Nomad.
Quote:
The Press Democrat that the NFL sent a memo to the 49ers asking them not to discuss their free agents, most notably Smith, during the lockout. But, again, Harbaugh spoke glowingly about Smith on Sunday. "He's a neat guy," Harbaugh told - Enberg. "I'm really interested in him, in just the character of Alex Smith. He's been maligned by the hometown fans there. And his family's had to read a lot of that on the internet. "And he's really even been thrown under the bus by his own team more than once. And the kind of character of a guy that would want to come back, prove himself with that same football team, that's rare kind of character. (It) probably falls somewhere in the endangered and extinct range. So we can win with that."

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quote:
The Press Democrat that the NFL sent a memo to the 49ers asking them not to discuss their free agents, most notably Smith, during the lockout. But, again, Harbaugh spoke glowingly about Smith on Sunday. "He's a neat guy," Harbaugh told - Enberg. "I'm really interested in him, in just the character of Alex Smith. He's been maligned by the hometown fans there. And his family's had to read a lot of that on the internet. "And he's really even been thrown under the bus by his own team more than once. And the kind of character of a guy that would want to come back, prove himself with that same football team, that's rare kind of character. (It) probably falls somewhere in the endangered and extinct range. So we can win with that."

Yeah, no doubt Harbaugh is delusional.
Originally posted by TacticalEspionag:

Better than anything you have written , Cohn

It actually was pretty informative, Id like to know Harbaugh's plan and what he expects this offseason

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Jun 12, 2011 at 19:38:13 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

It actually was pretty informative, Id like to know Harbaugh's plan and what he expects this offseason

miacco wrote the article
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

miacco wrote the article

I know he did.
TacticalEspionag = Cohn
Quote:

If Harbaugh believes, so do I. I can't imagine Smith playing any worse than when he was actually coached by guys who had no idea what they are doing the last few years.
Quote:

lol JH winning on two fronts. Telling 'the man' (the NFL) where to go and getting fans to side with him on Smith.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Quote:

If Harbaugh believes, so do I. I can't imagine Smith playing any worse than when he was actually coached by guys who had no idea what they are doing the last few years.

Have always believed, but it helps reinforce my assessment when Harbaugh reveals his to be the same.

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Harbaugh said he expects the NFL's labor situation to be permanently settled in time for all exhibition and regular-season games to be played.

"I choose to be optimistic," he said. "And I really think early July there's a chance a deal is done. That's kind of what I'm planning for.

"If they can get a deal done in July, right now we're scheduled to go to training camp on July 28. So if we go to training camp on the 28th, we'll get the whole exhibition season in."

Read more: Harbaugh expects July settlement, no games missed
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

CSNBA

Quote:
Jed asked Matt for help to make all Alex Smith's haters to develop high blood pressure or to lose sleep.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Quote:

does harbaugh's acknowledging that the 49rts have thrown alex under the bus, more than once, make him an alexcuser?

I think harbaugh has a chance to really mold smith into a winning qb,,,,his offense scehemes will be light years ahead owhat niners have had in a long time...look at cardinal's games, they get people open...not alot of niners receivers have got open in past few years (more so under martz than any other coordinator imo)

and alex is not without talent and skills, imo, to be a winner...inconsistency and making the occasional bonehead play have been his biggest problems...but he has had flashes of excellence in the past...examples include last second drives vs cardinals in 2007, and saints last year....comeback vs eagles last season...throwing for over 200 yards in a half vs texans, and in 2nd qrtr vs packers in 2009,,,decision making and getting the ball out quickly have all improved in past two seasons, though again not consistently...

at least that is how one niners fan sees it
As for the end of the lockout, I think Harbaugh is simply being an optimist. I don't think his stance is based on anything substantial. Instead, he knows he's pretty f^cked if it doesn't end by then.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
As for the end of the lockout, I think Harbaugh is simply being an optimist. I don't think his stance is based on anything substantial. Instead, he knows he's pretty f^cked if it doesn't end by then.

I think he said as much.

And a lot of people would be f**ked. It's teh poop.
Share 49ersWebzone