There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could this off season be a blessing for injured players like Gore?

Originally posted by m04607:
49ers players get off season rest every year because we never make the playoffs so they should always be fresh

this, with the exception of last year. blocking and pounding away on RUN RUN PUNT = a lot of damage on punt coverage.
Why he better not see much time this preseason want to watch the kids go!
Originally posted by m04607:
49ers players get off season rest every year because we never make the playoffs so they should always be fresh

after watching all of the Stanford games from last season if his playbook is anything like that one there will be a lot of power running and runningbacks by committee.
Good Call
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I mean without all of the off season workouts and OTA's, players like Gore and Phillips will be at %100 by the time the season starts. This also is a blessing for some of the older players, this is thier first offseason rest in years!

Your thoughts?

I don't think it is a blessing cause they are not rehabbing with a trainer to monitor their progress. When you are injured you want to excercise the injured area is healed and once the doctor gives you the green light. You don't want atrophy in your legs.

I'm not a pro athlete so it took me a little over a year to get back from a torn acl/partial torn mcl and damaged maniscus. The leg atrophied and looked skinny compared to the othe, had to learn first to bend the knee, then lift and strengthed the knee to where I could then build it back up, then learning to run and cut and get past the mental part that the knee won't give.
I just read an ESPN INsider article that has the biggest concern for the 49ers this upcoming season being Frank Gore's health. Even last year before his injury he was averaging 4.2 YPC the lowest of his career. He says he is back at 100%, but if he does go down the article questions whether we have a suitable backup. Anthony Dixon and Kendall Hunter are inexperienced and unproven. I actually like Dixon, but this article got me wondering if the 49ers might try to target another veteran RB, I doubt it. Also I was surprised to see that this was listed as their biggest concern for the 49ers and not our current QB situation.