LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Could this off season be a blessing for injured players like Gore?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I mean without all of the off season workouts and OTA's, players like Gore and Phillips will be at %100 by the time the season starts. This also is a blessing for some of the older players, this is thier first offseason rest in years!

Your thoughts?
49ers players get off season rest every year because we never make the playoffs so they should always be fresh
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I mean without all of the off season workouts and OTA's, players like Gore and Phillips will be at %100 by the time the season starts. This also is a blessing for some of the older players, this is thier first offseason rest in years!

Your thoughts?

Injured players or rehabbing players are usually held out or work on the side to strengthen their injured area but they still get to watch how the coach does things absorb/discuss the playbook.

Injured players are missing the mental aspect of the system.
I don't see how it would be a blessing... If they were injured they wouldn't be practicing anyway, so how is that any different from now?
no way is this a blessing. There isn't a more confused, unorganized team (besides the raiders) in the NFL than the 49ers. We need as much coaching and practice as possible.
Not a blessing, Gore would be getting veteran courtesies anyway.

Pros of this lockout = No freak injuries from O vs D drills like 7 on 7 etc.

Cons = No actual coaching besides a few pointers from Vets to Rooks, players arent using their familier work out facilities. Coaches like Seely can't work on PR or KR development. (ie: the drill where he had a player hold a ball, throw it up in the air while they caught the punt and then had to catch the second ball) VD can't punk Crabtree for doing the bare minimum.

Players get injured, its a part of football, I would rather have coaches there with the risk of injury and players progressing, rather than everyone come in healthy and at the same point we left off last year.
uh what? there is an offseason every year even without lockout's
Its a blessing for Crabtree.......sounds like.
yes it is. guys like frank will push their bodies beyond what they are capable of. its part of why he is great.

if there were training camps, sure he would get some rest, but he's not the type of guy that likes sitting.

i'm sure he's working out on his own, but two a day camp type stuff pushes you harder and i think it will be better for a workhorse like Gore that he's not going through the rigors of a typical offseason, esp coming of an injury.
no, because he won't have as much time to get back into the swing of things.

time to recover is good, but actually getting back out there in camp and such before actual games is needed to shake off the rust.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Gore needs to retire, he will never b the same after that hip injury
Originally posted by fly15:

WHAT?! Your saying that our best player should retire......man that would be a huge loss.....
Gore's been injured during the season that last 4 years. Is this much rest really going to impact a guy who has been injury prone his whole college and pro career? I doubt it.
Originally posted by fly15:

I think you're officially trolling now Fly...

...either that or you're just asking for trouble at this point.
yes!
Share 49ersWebzone