LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

DB coach Donatell expects Mays to "spike."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JD81
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/10/11/Donatell-faces-challenge-to-train-young-/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=520195&feedID=5936

Makes me happy to see....Mays is by far the most physically-gifted safety we have, and Donatell is perhaps the best in the game at coaching up DBs....

Seeing that he EXPECTS Taylor to step up and make big strides is great to see...

Thoughts?
meh, we hear this stuff every year. I guess to new niner fans it would be exciting....not to me though...especially since I've seen Mays play a bunch.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I want him to succeed. His ceiling is SUPER high and can be a absolute monster if he were to pan out. Ill wait and see if he does.
Per motivational speak to hope that Taylor works out in the off season, and stops playing so deep that he looks like he is fielding a punt.

I would be disapointed if Mays was a first round pick, as a second round pick he should be a ST stud and hopefully starting soon. He needs to be confident and play for the interception, not the big hit.
a little off topic

since it doesn't look like were going to resign goldson who is going to be our FS and SS this year?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
a little off topic

since it doesn't look like were going to resign goldson who is going to be our FS and SS this year?

FS - R. Smith
SS - T. Mays

There isn't too many other options
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
a little off topic

Why do you say that? Didn't the Niners tag him and Manny?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I hope so.
Mays is the future race he will not fail
Taylor keep working hard. YOu will prove the nay sayers wrong.

He may be better. Last year he was just figuring out what he was doing. This year maybe his athletic ability can come out.
Originally posted by GoGetit:

i don't think he visits the zone.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by GoGetit:

i don't think he visits the zone.

lol it would be funny if there was a post from him "thanks guys i'll try my best"
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Much better this than allowing a DB to have a 3 year learning curve. f**king Manusky.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Thanks guys I'll try my best
Share 49ersWebzone