LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Who else were you happy to see BECOME a 49er, but now wish they never were...?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
JJ Stokes I was hype as s**t on draft day. Then came his career.
OJ Simpson!

I remember being 8 and my Dad saying OJ's coming back to SF!!! Yea, little did we know that we were traded damaged goods and Buffalo ended up with 5 picks. I remember as a kid all the adults talking about this trade and how we would benefit from it.

Four years after it, Walsh came in and Simpson went out with a limp and a whimper.

Coffee.....Carr......
Jonas Jennings.

I thought we had a tackle to protect our young number 1 overall QB.
Turned out it was the tackle that needed protecting... so fragile.
Yorks, Donohue, Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, K Harris...oh, wait...were happy to see BECOME a 49er...never mind.
Rumph
Singletary
Woods
Stokes because of the number of players he cost us.
Clements because of his contract and the promise of being a blanket CB.....NOT!
Woods because of his domination in college and the complete opposite in the pros.
There are others, of course, but I'm getting depressed just thinking of all this.
Donahue. Good history. Groomed and recommended by Bill Walsh. I wrote an article on him at the time he joined us, suggesting that Walsh had just guaranteed the continuation of his legacy by parachuting this guy in.

And he turned into .......... TDon.

I hate myself.
Originally posted by English:
Donahue. Good history. Groomed and recommended by Bill Walsh. I wrote an article on him at the time he joined us, suggesting that Walsh had just guaranteed the continuation of his legacy by parachuting this guy in.

I hate myself.

His UCLA days were a concern for me. He did not seem very innovative though he had many of the best players. I like Stanford guys. Of course, if Harbaugh bombs (God forbid) I'll just paste your statement about Donahue in a future thread. Hope not! Don't hate yourself, you're a 9er fan and I'm sure there is a 12 step program that can help you.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM ]
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM ]

Tim Rattay.
Chilo Rachal.

Was happy for two seconds until i realized DeShaun Jackson was still on the board.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Clements
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

I hate myself.

His UCLA days were a concern for me. He did not seem very innovative though he had many of the best players. I like Stanford guys. Of course, if Harbaugh bombs (God forbid) I'll just paste your statement about Donahue in a future thread. Hope not! Don't hate yourself, you're a 9er fan and I'm sure there is a 12 step program that can help you.

Its DONAHUE! There is no programme can help me. Beyond redemption. Its like admitting to having been in the Adolph Hitler fan club when you were young, or being penpals with Saddam Hussein, or you used to go on holiday with Osama Bin Laden. Or you once said something nice about Margaret Thatcher. Thankfully I never said anything nice about Thatch, but I am still ashamed to have supported TDon.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

I hate myself.

Its DONAHUE! There is no programme can help me. Beyond redemption. Its like admitting to having been in the Adolph Hitler fan club when you were young, or being penpals with Saddam Hussein, or you used to go on holiday with Osama Bin Laden. Or you once said something nice about Margaret Thatcher. Thankfully I never said anything nice about Thatch, but I am still ashamed to have supported TDon.

Share 49ersWebzone