LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Who else were you happy to see BECOME a 49er, but now wish they never were...?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Easiest question ever

Lawrence Phillips. I hate that mother f*cker so much for missing that block!

Was excited we signed him because of questions at RB with Hearst being out and he just had a great "season" at NFL Europe. Figured he'd win the starting job and redeem himself.

Instead he was responsible for starting the downfall of this franchise.

The worst misconception of Niners history.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Terry Jackson

He was great on special teams. He was Michael Robinson before Michael Robinson.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Easiest question ever

Was excited we signed him because of questions at RB with Hearst being out and he just had a great "season" at NFL Europe. Figured he'd win the starting job and redeem himself.

How about you don't tell me how I should see things...thanks.

I'm well aware there was more to niners becoming bad than that but it did start the process. Steve Young doesn't get hit if he picks up that block and doesn't retire...who knows what happens that year or in the future.

Phillips missed the block. Steve Young never played a game again and everything else fell apart.

The question was asked to each person so please don't come in here correcting people.
Easiest question ever

I'm well aware there was more to niners becoming bad than that but it did start the process. Steve Young doesn't get hit if he picks up that block and doesn't retire...who knows what happens that year or in the future.

Phillips missed the block. Steve Young never played a game again and everything else fell apart.

The question was asked to each person so please don't come in here correcting people.

young never seeing the field again hurt us big time, but IMO it didnt start the fall of the franchise, within 2 years from that game we had another pro bowl qb
Easiest question ever

Steve Young wanted to retire missed block or not and has said as much.

He was medically cleared early, and with little worry about long term effects should he ever get another concussion, but the media hype allowed him an opportunity to retire mid season without the fallout that would normally come.

He has cited the fact that he knew we weren't playing for championships any longer and that he didn't want to play for another team as reasons for wanting to retire.

Get your facts straight and I won't have to correct you.
Easiest question ever

He was medically cleared early, and with little worry about long term effects should he ever get another concussion, but the media hype allowed him an opportunity to retire mid season without the fallout that would normally come.

He has cited the fact that he knew we weren't playing for championships any longer and that he didn't want to play for another team as reasons for wanting to retire.

Either way I don't like the last image I have of Steve on the football field be him knocked unconscious in Sun Devil Stadium.

Sure Lawrence Phillips wasn't the cause of the downfall of the franchise but if you were going to make a documentary on the subject the first scene would be footage of that play.

[ Edited by Niner3030 on May 7, 2011 at 23:29:57 ]
number 11

[ Edited by DUB9IROCZ on May 7, 2011 at 23:46:43 ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Singletary

I was on that kool aid bad

Same
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Singletary

I was on that kool aid bad

Same

Me too. Sigh...
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by RedAlert:
Antonio Langham

Yes!!!!

Easiest question ever

My facts are straight. Until that play we still had a shot that year. When Steve went down everything else unraveled, it may not have been due to the hit on Steve but it was the starting point where everyone knew the team was done. The salary cap issues came shortly after.

And once again...my perception is whatever I want to make of it. So get off your high horse and stop correcting people in threads asking them their own opinions.

And as for the concussion issue please find me an article that says Steve was perfectly fine going back to play that year. He had a history of concussions and as we see now there is a big problem with guys post football that suffered too many concussions.

He also didn't retire mid season...so maybe you should get your facts straight.
Easiest question ever

My facts are straight. Until that play we still had a shot that year. When Steve went down everything else unraveled, it may not have been due to the hit on Steve but it was the starting point where everyone knew the team was done. The salary cap issues came shortly after.

And once again...my perception is whatever I want to make of it. So get off your high horse and stop correcting people in threads asking them their own opinions.

And as for the concussion issue please find me an article that says Steve was perfectly fine going back to play that year. He had a history of concussions and as we see now there is a big problem with guys post football that suffered too many concussions.

He also didn't retire mid season...so maybe you should get your facts straight.

NVM I guess. You know it all and I know nothing.

[ Edited by WINiner on May 8, 2011 at 14:32:48 ]
Drunkenmiller
Nolan
Singletary
singeltary i was never happy about the nolan hire especially when getting a young qb but i acually thought sing was a good coach
Share 49ersWebzone