There are 113 users in the forums

If we could trade Frank Gore to a SB caliber team for a good pick would you?

If we could trade Frank Gore to a SB caliber team for a good pick would you?

Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
It depends on the round of the pick and I would like more than one pick.

This
only for a top 10 pick
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
only for a top 10 pick

You would be lucky if someone would give a 3rd pick for Frank right now. No love in the NFL running backs right now, especially no love for often injured running backs close to the age of 30.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
only for a top 10 pick

You would be lucky if someone would give a 3rd pick for Frank right now. No love in the NFL running backs right now, especially no love for often injured running backs close to the age of 30.

exactly in other words i wouldnt trade him
I would trade him to a SB contender for a 2nd. He's mega valuable, but I would love to see Frank win and I don't think we will do a ton of that before he's done.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes I would trade him. He's had two torn up knees and a shattered hip also. Plus he's getting older and taken a heck of a pounding. People are unrealistic if they think he will last much longer.

But for the 3 injury reasons above and the pounding he's taken nobody would give you a lot. So it won't happen.

Pretty sure he will expire at 30 like most running backs do, so he has 1-2 decent years left. With year 7 of Alex Smith, and 2 years development for Kap, by the time this team hits contender potential Gore will be ready to retire or get limited carries. Why not get something for him, if you can. Trading him to a SB caliber team is not going to effect the pick you get, no one is going to trade a first or second for a high mileage running back pushing 30, unless they are ran by morons and those teams don't win Super Bowls.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
No, Gore is retiring as a niner.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
I would trade him to a SB contender for a 2nd. He's mega valuable, but I would love to see Frank win and I don't think we will do a ton of that before he's done.

This sentiment of having our great player win a super bowl with another team is just something I can't get behind. While I agree Gore deserves it, I am just blinded by homerism.

I hated seeing Rice in the Super Bowl with the Raiders and it made me sick watching Montana on the Chiefs. I realize they already had super bowls but still think watching Gore score for the Patriots or any other contender would just seem wrong to me.

Its funny I say this because I was cheering on the Jets because I wanted LT to win one, but find it so different when talking about our players.
This reminds me of some R-tard was saying that we should have traded Bryant Young to the Patriots so he could win a super bowl and that if we didnt agree we were racist because if we saw him on the street we'd call him the N word.
I think he got banned shortly after.

THIS
I voted NO but he would get good value in draft picks. I want the guy to retire as a 9er but we all know what the business side of the team will do.
For Frank's sake I'd like to see what he could do on New England and they always have a ton of high picks too. He'd get a well deserved ring and the Niners could get a high draft choice.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on May 6, 2011 at 23:43:20 ]
We going to the ship next year so we don't have to trade Frank to get him to a SB.
trade for Bush [flame suit on]
Share 49erswebzone