There are 338 users in the forums

If we could trade Frank Gore to a SB caliber team for a good pick would you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we could trade Frank Gore to a SB caliber team for a good pick would you?

hypothetical, you know for all the S**tty seasons we gave him.
he probably doesnt have long.
hmm...like the colts
i would, he deserves a ring.
its the pot man
If you trade him to super bowl caliber team chances are the pick you get isnt gonna be that good
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
If you trade him to super bowl caliber team chances are the pick you get isnt gonna be that good

this

wouldnt you try and get him to a worse team for a better pick?

but f**k all this trading frank gore s**t

dudes a stud...another 1000+ season ahead of him
I've thought about this too but we should keep him. I wonder what Bill Walsh would have chose to do?

Yes I would trade him. He's had two torn up knees and a shattered hip also. Plus he's getting older and taken a heck of a pounding. People are unrealistic if they think he will last much longer.

But for the 3 injury reasons above and the pounding he's taken nobody would give you a lot. So it won't happen.
  • dj43
If you were to trade him, you would want to send him to a team that would draft early, not late. Gore is still on a short list of 6-8 top backs in the league. Though he is past the mid-point in his career, he is still a very valuable players. Hence he would be a greater value to the 49ers than he could bring in a trade.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes I would trade him. He's had two torn up knees and a shattered hip also. Plus he's getting older and taken a heck of a pounding. People are unrealistic if they think he will last much longer.

But for the 3 injury reasons above and the pounding he's taken nobody would give you a lot. So it won't happen.

why do people keep bringing up his knees? He hasnt had problems with his knees since he has been in the NFL
I don't think Frank Gore would want to be traded.
No, Gore is retiring as a niner.
I would use him till he doesn't have anything left. He is still going strong and replacing star players is harder than people think. We suffered for awhile with Barlow and Phillips and other so-so guys. I would love to win the division and get to the playoffs and give these players that have suffered so long on this bad team a taste of what Niner fans are used to.

It depends on the round of the pick and I would like more than one pick.

why do people keep bringing up his knees? He hasnt had problems with his knees since he has been in the NFL

I don't get it either.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I don't get it either.

The more you play and the more pounding you take the more previous injuries come into play. Serious knee injuries can result in the early onset of arthritis and other debilitating conditions. Multiple joint injuries usually result in a shorter career. Or at least shorter career at the top.
It really doesn't matter because no team would offer a "good pick". RBs have been greatly devalued in recent years and no team will view him as important to their fortunes as the 49ers do.

He had a small fracture in his hip. Hardly a "shattered hip" and he'll only be 28 next week. He's going to have 1300+ yards next year.
Share 49ersWebzone